Credit Card - Help & Recommendations

El Tigre Chino

17 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Same happened to me. I applied for my mom and she already has an ICICI salary account with sizeable FDs.

Two verifications were done and ICICI gal called and confirmed but now it shows in Amazon that it has been declined.

Were you able to sort it out?

This would have been my mom's first CC but that shouldn't be a reason for declining.

Nope. We don't have any ICICI accounts. I uploaded the documents and did the application in my dad's name. 

There is no reason for it to get declined but thats what happened. I'll just take the rewards points on my axis card for now. 

It just said I can now only apply again after 6 months, so I said screw it. Haven't been ordering much from Amazon now, and any big purchases are during sale when there is HDFC/SBI card discount.

But I might apply again after 6 months. 

13 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Nope. We don't have any ICICI accounts. I uploaded the documents and did the application in my dad's name. 

There is no reason for it to get declined but thats what happened. I'll just take the rewards points on my axis card for now. 

It just said I can now only apply again after 6 months, so I said screw it. Haven't been ordering much from Amazon now, and any big purchases are during sale when there is HDFC/SBI card discount.

But I might apply again after 6 months. 

I don't know why they declined my mom's application. Class 1 gazetted officer with a salary account in ICICI, absolute no bad credit history.

They did home verification as well and ICICI person said that it will be delivered at home only.

All I can think of is that the ICICI manager kept badgering to cancel the application and apply later with her employee code, maybe she had something to do with it.

Shows me 180 days as well, probably won't apply again. Stupid, sh*t.

Edited by KunjanPSD

Guys.. any way to remove a defuct card fro your credit score? I had a Kotak card some 4 years back. Did an online transaction which for some reason appeared twice on my statement. I hadnt paid the extra transaction amount and it got sorted a few months later. But the damn bank is charging me interest and penalty for the months for which I hadnt paid the amount. The penalty plus interest is now 19k and since m not paying any of it, it keeps spoiling my credit history every month. Have sent legal notices to Kotak.. No use. Tried to get it reconciled on the cred app.. No use.
Kotak says settle it for 10k. That's outrageous. For a mistake that the Bank did, its asking the customer to pay the penalty.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

My application got denied. 

Then i applied through my sister's amazon account using my details and it went through. Its a very stupid system. 

How?

The name and number attached with the Amazon account should be the same as that on the Aadhar.

Did you change the name and number in your sister's Amazon account?

16 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I don't know why they declined my mom's application. Class 1 gazetted officer with a salary account in ICICI, absolute no bad credit history.

They did home verification as well and ICICI person said that it will be delivered at home only.

All I can think of is that the ICICI manager kept badgering to cancel the application and apply later with her employee code, maybe she had something to do with it.

Shows me 180 days as well, probably won't apply again. Stupid, sh*t.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

My application got denied. 

Then i applied through my sister's amazon account using my details and it went through. Its a very stupid system. 

yeah makes no sense. we did the video kyc, the woman didn't say anything's wrong. she just said you'll get the confirmation via email in a few days, but it got declined. 

maybe its because the amazon account is mine, but I applied for my dad cuz I don't think I can get that card myself while being a student. But if that works on your sister's acc, then that can't be the reason.

don't think I'll bother again frankly. I'll take whatever reward points I can get on my card and thats that. 

Just now, Mr. Comingle said:

Try getting Infinia or Diner's Club Black for your dad. The reward rates on those for Amazon are insane from what I've heard. 

Diner's is banned. Also Amex. Link was shared above. That's why I am bummed because my ltf diner's black application won't be processed now.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Should be back soon. It's because of the data storage policies introduced some time back. I don't think it's a big challenge for them to comply. 

Btw what's the criteria for getting CC upgrades, man? 

I have regalia first rn and wondering how many years it'll take to get DCB or Infinia. 

First use your regalia card for everything. And route all your mfs, investment, fd etc through HDFC and then ask your RM for the upgrade.. 

9 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Should be back soon. It's because of the data storage policies introduced some time back. I don't think it's a big challenge for them to comply. 

Btw what's the criteria for getting CC upgrades, man? 

I have regalia first rn and wondering how many years it'll take to get DCB or Infinia. 

I am not sure about the upgrades.

Students of my college who earn above a particular amount get LTF Diner's Black. Just produce the offer letter and the application is processed before your work begins.

Otherwise, I think it was around >1.75L/month gross salary for DCB and >21L/annum for self employed guys. That is usually relaxed a bit though, you need to get in touch with your relationship manager for that.

2 minutes ago, Madmage said:

First use your regalia card for everything. And route all your mfs, investment, fd etc through HDFC and then ask your RM for the upgrade.. 

Yeah, this does help. If you have the card then use that for investments. I generally use UPI and even for that my relationship manager offers me upgrades.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

Book a PS5? Did you mean an international spend? Some cards require enabling international spends separately.
Or is your cc limit below the PS5 price? Then too a transaction can be rejected. Otherwise I cannot think of any reason for it to be rejected.

Ya ps5 domestic transaction . Limit is above ps5. But they say AVG value transaction is way lower than 50k hence chances are high. My max limit is very close to 50k 

2 hours ago, rushaboswal said:

Ya ps5 domestic transaction . Limit is above ps5. But they say AVG value transaction is way lower than 50k hence chances are high. My max limit is very close to 50k 

Do a couple of transacrions of whatever value before PS5 day. Should go OK.