Credit Card - Help & Recommendations

El Tigre Chino

54 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Thanks to all of you, did not open the forum yesterday, and today the offer is over it seems.

thanks again for the help, will post if i need it again

It's still live. Just checked. 

We are group of few credit card & miles enthusiast having a WhatsApp group started holding sessions on Clubhouse where we discuss and answer queries related to credit cards & miles. 

You can join through following link. 

https://www.clubhouse.com/join/indian-miles-guide/2c8CziTd/xpaDW8VY

Mods pls remove if posting is against rules 

@Joe Cool @assasins creed @KnackChap

@Assassins Creed

Edited by hannibal09

We are group of few credit card & miles enthusiast having a WhatsApp group started holding sessions on Clubhouse where we discuss and answer queries related to credit cards & miles. 
You can join through following link. 
https://www.clubhouse.com/join/indian-miles-guide/2c8CziTd/xpaDW8VY

Mods pls remove if posting is against rules 
[mention=12588]Joe Cool[/mention] [mention=4642]assasins creed[/mention] [mention=4]KnackChap[/mention]
 [mention=72]Assassins Creed[/mention]

Any chances of one being able to join the whatsapp group?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t want to sound gareeb but what is the spend range that you guys are looking at for all these free travel and stay from credit card points?

My points can only afford me 500Rs Amazon voucher. Am I too gareeb to understand the free travel part? :fear:

3 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

I don’t want to sound gareeb but what is the spend range that you guys are looking at for all these free travel and stay from credit card points?

My points can only afford me 500Rs Amazon voucher. Am I too gareeb to understand the free travel part? :fear:

@Bird Bird Bird

2 hours ago, Mr.HaPPineSS said:

Any chances of one being able to join the whatsapp group?

Will DM you

1 hour ago, i_rock098 said:

You can earn points without any out of pocket expense using technique manufactured spending. I did booked return flight for my family to Singapore from points earned using this technique and upgrade to business with miles. 

• Like 1

My points can only afford me 500Rs Amazon voucher. Am I too gareeb to understand the free travel part? default_ph34r2.gif

Its the points game.
You cant do much with the basic cards.
You need to work your way for the premium card to do the travel and stuff as the rewards are more interms of the reward points earned and the conversion value of the points.
Travel I can only think of two cards, Amex Platinum which is like 60k a year as fee. Dont get shocked by the fees. People who own that card, get way more perks than for what they pay. & Infinia is like 10k a year as fee. It has pretty good accelerated rewards(33%) for every 100rs also extra accelerated rewards from time to time.

What cards do you own?

How to earn points from Credit Card bill payment? I don't wanna use something like Cred simply because they generate bill after a month and I like to mostly pay in 3-4 days max.

But I want em shiny points. ICICI doesn't give any point but they their bill generation is next day and paying from them is a breeze :)

Also, My SBI credit card mentioned that I'll get 500 Rs. Amazon voucher once I pay their annual fee. It has been two months and I never got any voucher from sbi card. Checked my mail and nothing was there. Anyone else got Amazon card from sbi card?

31 minutes ago, Mr.HaPPineSS said:

Its the points game.
You cant do much with the basic cards.
You need to work your way for the premium card to do the travel and stuff as the rewards are more interms of the reward points earned and the conversion value of the points.
Travel I can only think of two cards, Amex Platinum which is like 60k a year as fee. Dont get shocked by the fees. People who own that card, get way more perks than for what they pay. & Infinia is like 10k a year as fee. It has pretty good accelerated rewards(33%) for every 100rs also extra accelerated rewards from time to time.

What cards do you own?

True. This is my third year holding Amex platinum charge card and I have always got more than twice the value against annual fee. 

How to earn points from Credit Card bill payment? I don't wanna use something like Cred simply because they generate bill after a month and I like to mostly pay in 3-4 days max.

But I want em shiny points. ICICI doesn't give any point but they their bill generation is next day and paying from them is a breeze default_smile.png

Also, My SBI credit card mentioned that I'll get 500 Rs. Amazon voucher once I pay their annual fee. It has been two months and I never got any voucher from sbi card. Checked my mail and nothing was there. Anyone else got Amazon card from sbi card?

I dont think one can earn points from credit card bill payment.
Cred is meh these days, but even pennies are good is what I feel. You can still get the most from cred, by splitting the payments. That way you get more from cred for the payment.

I have been a life long user of citi and hdfc. Infinia was my goal. I had regalia for years. I used most of my spends on the hdfc card.

Citi just small spends. And amazon I had icici card for amazon. Which I used to swap btw regalia and icici depending on the offer.

I believe you have the entry level click and go or something like that card from sbi. I would recommend you to move to Amex once RBI gives clearance for them to issue cards. That sbi card I dont think is a good one. You can get better rewards on those axis card. Which offer decent rewards than sbi.

For premium card choose hdfc and amex and work on moving up the cards with them than any other would be my say. No one can beat amex for the customer service is what people say.

• Like 1

I dont think one can earn points from credit card bill payment.
Cred is meh these days, but even pennies are good is what I feel. You can still get the most from cred, by splitting the payments. That way you get more from cred for the payment.

I have been a life long user of citi and hdfc. Infinia was my goal. I had regalia for years. I used most of my spends on the hdfc card.

Citi just small spends. And amazon I had icici card for amazon. Which I used to swap btw regalia and icici depending on the offer.

I believe you have the entry level click and go or something like that card from sbi. I would recommend you to move to Amex once RBI gives clearance for them to issue cards. That sbi card I dont think is a good one. You can get better rewards on those axis card. Which offer decent rewards than sbi.

For premium card choose hdfc and amex and work on moving up the cards with them than any other would be my say. No one can beat amex for the customer service is what people say.

Thanks. That clears a lot of things up :)
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, hannibal09 said:

True. This is my third year holding Amex platinum charge card and I have always got more than twice the value against annual fee. 

Will be great if you can put some details here. I'm on the verge of cancelling my AMEX Plat Res card.