Credit Card - Help & Recommendations

El Tigre Chino

2 hours ago, dante77 said:

How to earn points from Credit Card bill payment? I don't wanna use something like Cred simply because they generate bill after a month and I like to mostly pay in 3-4 days max.

But I want em shiny points. ICICI doesn't give any point but they their bill generation is next day and paying from them is a breeze :)

Also, My SBI credit card mentioned that I'll get 500 Rs. Amazon voucher once I pay their annual fee. It has been two months and I never got any voucher from sbi card. Checked my mail and nothing was there. Anyone else got Amazon card from sbi card?

You can earn cash back by using debit card to make payment of credit card. HDFC millennia & HDFC platinum debit card are good option on this. You can use mobikwik for making payment. 

Dump ICICI as their reward system is crap. Shift to Amex, HDFC or Citi. 

Check on SBI dashboard for voucher. If not there, call customer care. 

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Will be great if you can put some details here. I'm on the verge of cancelling my AMEX Plat Res card. 

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

Come on guys, we need a detailed writeup for this.

It going to be very long write up. That's why we doing Clubhouse sessions. Speaking is quicker than writing. You may join session where many other more experienced than me are there. 

• Like 1

You can earn points without any out of pocket expense using technique manufactured spending. I did booked return flight for my family to Singapore from points earned using this technique and upgrade to business with miles. 

Could you explain what does manufactured spending mean?

Its the points game.
You cant do much with the basic cards.
You need to work your way for the premium card to do the travel and stuff as the rewards are more interms of the reward points earned and the conversion value of the points.
Travel I can only think of two cards, Amex Platinum which is like 60k a year as fee. Dont get shocked by the fees. People who own that card, get way more perks than for what they pay. & Infinia is like 10k a year as fee. It has pretty good accelerated rewards(33%) for every 100rs also extra accelerated rewards from time to time.

What cards do you own?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I own a ICICI Amazon card and HDFC Regalia. Pretty basic cards. I get like 300-400 back from that Amazon card. And like 500Rs Amazon voucher once a quarter from HDFC.

I own a ICICI Amazon card and HDFC Regalia. Pretty basic cards. I get like 300-400 back from that Amazon card. And like 500Rs Amazon voucher once a quarter from HDFC.

Focus on getting an upgrade on the regalia to Infina, do not opt for dinners if they provide you. You would be eligible for infinia upgrade when you hit 8lakh limit.

27 minutes ago, Mr.HaPPineSS said:

Focus on getting an upgrade on the regalia to Infina, do not opt for dinners if they provide you. You would be eligible for infinia upgrade when you hit 8lakh limit.

Why not opt for Diners?

1 hour ago, i_rock098 said:

Could you explain what does manufactured spending mean?

It's like buying some thing which you can encash and transfer money to repay credit card bill. For eg. there were You first card available on amazon, I used to buy 80k cards using Diners back 10x program, giving me 25k worth points. Then I encased these cards in phonepe and transferred money to bank and paid CC bill. So no out of pocket expense and got 25k worth points every month. 

I have an upgrade from Regalia First to Regalia but only 60% of the points would be carried over. I believe the redemption rate of the points on First is 0.30 and Regalia is 0.50.

I'm assuming it works out to be the same but should I redeem the points before the upgrade? Any recommendations?

1 hour ago, Mr.HaPPineSS said:

i have 11 lakhs limit on my regalia. Not seeing any sign of upgrade from HDFC.

i have 11 lakhs limit on my regalia. Not seeing any sign of upgrade from HDFC.

So until Jan of this year which is when I got my Infina.
5 lakh for Diners and 8-10 lakh for infinia.
Call your RM and ask for an upgrade. If you can give a bit of pressure they would give you an upgrade. As they are giving upgrades and offers left and right

Cred has option to pay CC bill via Samsung Pay UPI as well. So you get points in both places if you are using Samsung pay.

You can exchange Samsung Pay points for gift cards with fk, Amazon etc

• Like 1

Man... I've been waiting for HDFC to sort their sh*t out... Currently only use the Amazon Pay ICICI card. Used to benefit a lot pre-pandemic times as I used it for all my international hotel bookings and spends when on business travels. 

Will start using all the credit card hacks as soon has I get the HDFC Regalia and move on from there....

Saw this on instagram. The concept seems interesting. It's in beta right now might just give it a go and join. So basically spend and then pay only 1/3rd at no extra cost. Thoughts guys ?

https://www.uni.cards/?utm_source=dv360&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=leads_cpa_uni_card_custom_audience_02&utm_content=300X250&dclid=CjgKEAjw87SHBhDBuvjemumu2H0SJAAaywnRK_YyCQvvncGgPL-67mrQ1gYCAoLlHLiaW7bfWJgWd_D_BwE

35 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Saw this on instagram. The concept seems interesting. It's in beta right now might just give it a go and join. So basically spend and then pay only 1/3rd at no extra cost. Thoughts guys ?

https://www.uni.cards/?utm_source=dv360&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=leads_cpa_uni_card_custom_audience_02&utm_content=300X250&dclid=CjgKEAjw87SHBhDBuvjemumu2H0SJAAaywnRK_YyCQvvncGgPL-67mrQ1gYCAoLlHLiaW7bfWJgWd_D_BwE

Why do you want to carry over debt ? It’s just poor money management tbh.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SuperT said:

This is just creating a debt trap for yourself. Id say avoid.