Credit Card - Help & Recommendations

El Tigre Chino

1 minute ago, SuperT said:

Agreed. But just for the occasional big purchases when no cost emi is not available ?

Its now almost available all the time. You get bajaj finserv card for that. 
i get your point, but this just looks like an extra card with no real benefit (Dont see any reward system).

Just now, OnlyConsultant said:

What is in it for Bajaj? Like why are they doing when no NBFC or bank is doing this?

Also I've heard that their support system is sh1t. 

They get commissions from merchants, specially offline.

• Like 3

What is in it for Bajaj? Like why are they doing when no NBFC or bank is doing this?
I think Bajaj gets some kind of commission from the retailer. Bajaj helps them sell more so in return they get commission for helping the retailer sell more/bigger value items on every transaction.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Agreed. But just for the occasional big purchases when no cost emi is not available ?

So, with 4% interest rate (IDFC), 3 months interest free is basically 1% in interest savings. 1% for card rewards.

Any good credit card like Indus Pinnacle (2.5%), Legend (2% in weekends), BOB Eterna (3.5% upto 42k), DCB (3.3% airline credit), AMEX Plat Travel (i think 4-5% till 4L spend, vouchers) would be better. being a new credit issuer, the terms maybe scummy (OneCard has 4500* for card replacement)

*- based on memory

• Like 1

14 hours ago, OnlyConsultant said:

14 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

They get commissions from merchants, specially offline.

As bird bird said. 
you can go to shop and tell them you’ll pay cash and not with bajaj finance and see how much discount you get offered. I remember i bought a 15k phone for flat 13k (Samsung) . Some companies pay more some less. And agree support is sh*t, havent used in in last 8 years or so. Hate EMIs dont want any.

1 hour ago, rushaboswal said:

As bird bird said. 
you can go to shop and tell them you’ll pay cash and not with bajaj finance and see how much discount you get offered. I remember i bought a 15k phone for flat 13k (Samsung) . Some companies pay more some less. And agree support is sh*t, havent used in in last 8 years or so. Hate EMIs dont want any.

I only used them for LG C8 for the first time. They gave 1 EMI back (around 10k or 12k IIRC, and it was already No cost EMI) + 1k cashback. After a week or so, the Bajaj guy called and said you'll get another 10k cb. So netted around 23k or so discount with that purchase. 

I had asked the Bajaj guy during purchase on how BF makes money, and he said retailers offer double digit percentages as commission on large items. 

Also, I only used Bajaj for an EMI of 1lac. Bill was 1.3lacs, and the RD guy did some jhol, paid around 10k with HDFC and 20k with Citi, and netted another 4000 cashback. 

My RD receipt mentions 3 payment instruments in a single bill. :lol:

3 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I only used them for LG C8 for the first time. They gave 1 EMI back (around 10k or 12k IIRC, and it was already No cost EMI) + 1k cashback. After a week or so, the Bajaj guy called and said you'll get another 10k cb. So netted around 23k or so discount with that purchase. 

I had asked the Bajaj guy during purchase on how BF makes money, and he said retailers offer double digit percentages as commission on large items. 

Also, I only used Bajaj for an EMI of 1lac. Bill was 1.3lacs, and the RD guy did some jhol, paid around 10k with HDFC and 20k with Citi, and netted another 4000 cashback. 

My RD receipt mentions 3 payment instruments in a single bill. :lol:

Same my brother says he asks customers if they can pay upfront and hell give them amazing discounts, he says bajaj finserv is a lot of headache to deal with . I have noted one thing . Just get freindly with the shop rep. and he has one or other zhol he can pull of. I still  remember getting my tv for 55k where everyone quoted 70k incl online. 

17 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

No servers in India. I think they blocked american express too. 

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody with an hdfc card can help ? need to buy an gimbal which coupled with other offer is giving me 19% off on Tatacliq. Unfortunately the first 10% is locked onto my account and hence you'll have to login on my account to place the order. 
Its valid until today night . Let me know Thanks :)

Amount is 6620 il UPI it before hand . 

3 minutes ago, OnlyConsultant said:

@rushaboswal if debit card is applicable, I can help.

You can try if it applies . It show applicable at one place and doesnt show on the homepage (Says only on debit card emi).

Edit- No its credit card only . Thanks for the help buddy :)

Edited by rushaboswal

23 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Anybody with an hdfc card can help ? need to buy an gimbal which coupled with other offer is giving me 19% off on Tatacliq. Unfortunately the first 10% is locked onto my account and hence you'll have to login on my account to place the order. 
Its valid until today night . Let me know Thanks :)

Amount is 6620 il UPI it before hand . 

Hey ! PM me.