Credit Card - Help & Recommendations

El Tigre Chino

13 minutes ago, hannibal09 said:

No you don't need to have bank account with every bank from where you want credit card. You can always create a netbanking account with bank for credit card only if you want . I am having more than 15 credit cards with multiple banks, for many I have not even registered for net banking. 

That's good to know, thanks! Signed up for the Amazon Pay ICICI Card last night after I asked here. Didn't think they'd do Video KYC at 1:30 am but I guess they do

Guys, which credit card would you suggest mainly for fuel purchase? I travel a lot even in this corona time and pay a premium in fuel every month. Any card which provides decent cash backs or surcharge waiver?

7 minutes ago, b!T said:

Guys, which credit card would you suggest mainly for fuel purchase? I travel a lot even in this corona time and pay a premium in fuel every month. Any card which provides decent cash backs or surcharge waiver?

You can use Amex Cards to buy HPCl pay cards through reward multiplier gyftr option, shall give upto 5X points 

Else load paytm using Citi app, limit of 1 lac per month. 

Else use Amex Platinum Charge card on any petrol pump and get 5 MR points per Rs 100. Prefer HP petrol pump due to no fuel surcharge. 

Edited by hannibal09
Spell edit

3 minutes ago, hannibal09 said:

You can use Amex Cards to buy HPCl pay cards through reward multiplier gyftr option, shall give upto 5X points 

Else load paytm using Citi app, limit of 1 lac per month. 

Else use Amex Platinum Charge card on any petrol pump and get 5 MR points per Rs 100. Prefer HP petrol pump due to no fuel surcharge. 

Amex cards are not accepted in majority of the places here in Kerala. Mostly just visa/mc/rupay etc. 

Can you elaborate on this Paytm + citi thing?

7 hours ago, b!T said:

Amex cards are not accepted in majority of the places here in Kerala. Mostly just visa/mc/rupay etc. 

Can you elaborate on this Paytm + citi thing?

You don't have to use Amex card on petrol pump, you can buy HP pay card from Amex reward multiplier website with Amex card. 

From Citi app, you can recharge paytm wallet using Citi cards for 1 lac per card 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, b!T said:

SBI BPCL Platinum. around 5% cashaback . Can be used to reedem directly at BPCL outlets.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I had been putting off getting a CC till now since I was eligible for a LTF Diner's Black.

But it looks like the ban on DB isn't gonna be lifted anytime soon.

So HDFC is offering me the puny Regalia as LTF instead.

Should I just get it for now and look for upgrade in future?

Or should I just apply for Amazon ICICI CC and use that for now?

Don't want to have multiple CCs and I am not sure if having a Regalia will be any better than having Amazon.

I don't have any need of a credit limit, will just shift regular expenses to the CC and build up points. A few purchases here and there to get the CC discount at best.

Currently you get the same 5% cash back on HDFC cards on Amazon (through SmartBuy) that you get with the ICICI Amazon card. Use that till it works. ICICI Amazon card has no other real benefits. 

Wait till Diner's Black is available again if you are getting LTF, Regalia is still mid range compared to that. 

49 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Currently you get the same 5% cash back on HDFC cards on Amazon (through SmartBuy) that you get with the ICICI Amazon card. Use that till it works. ICICI Amazon card has no other real benefits. 

Wait till Diner's Black is available again if you are getting LTF, Regalia is still mid range compared to that. 

I don't have any CC rn.

Getting a Regalia would hamper the LTF Diner's offer? Because then I won't apply for Regalia.

Also how does Smartbuy work?

Just login to your Amazon account and then route from Smartbuy to Amazon?

Are there any limits to the cashback earned on DC/CC? Works on bill payments as well?

Haven't used Smartbuy before.

On 8/30/2021 at 7:30 PM, KunjanPSD said:

I don't have any CC rn.

Getting a Regalia would hamper the LTF Diner's offer? Because then I won't apply for Regalia.

Also how does Smartbuy work?

Just login to your Amazon account and then route from Smartbuy to Amazon?

Are there any limits to the cashback earned on DC/CC? Works on bill payments as well?

Haven't used Smartbuy before.

You'll need to check with your RM for the regalia thing. When I had an upgrade I could pick only one of the two cards that I was eligible for.

For SmartBuy offer you have to go the Amazon / Flipkart page, put in your details and it'll redirect you to their affiliate linked page. From there onwards add stuff to you card and checkout for it to be tracked. Check this out (https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com/). Works with debit cards too I think.

Just now, Lazyboy8134 said:

For HDFC cards, do the offers on tech products come only for Regalia and above or comes even for their basic cards?

Discount offers are applicable to all CCs.

Only very rarely there are offers which cap the discount for different cards.

Generally you will find discounts on Amazon/FK applicable to every CC.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I pulled up my credit report just because. And everything was right except for one thing. My f**king name. First Name and Last Name were absolutely spot on, and because we live in a f**ked up world, someone has decided that was not enough and has added the totally sensible extra name of MOHAN. Why? IDK. I know no one named MOHAN, no relatives, friends or acquaintances. Just someone thought I needed to have an extra name added in there. Oh well. MOHAN. Yeah that's me now for some reason.

PS: Already flagged and logged a dispute so I'll hopefully not have MOHAN attached to my name in a couple of months. 

Thanks and Regards,

Not MOHAN

• Haha 9

5 hours ago, Walker said:

So I pulled up my credit report just because. And everything was right except for one thing. My f**king name. First Name and Last Name were absolutely spot on, and because we live in a f**ked up world, someone has decided that was not enough and has added the totally sensible extra name of MOHAN. Why? IDK. I know no one named MOHAN, no relatives, friends or acquaintances. Just someone thought I needed to have an extra name added in there. Oh well. MOHAN. Yeah that's me now for some reason.

PS: Already flagged and logged a dispute so I'll hopefully not have MOHAN attached to my name in a couple of months. 

Thanks and Regards,

Not MOHAN

I've never got a positive dispute resolution from CIBIL in all these years. Best of luck, faux MOHAN. :ack:

• Sad 1

On 9/15/2021 at 6:58 AM, Bird Bird Bird said:

I've never got a positive dispute resolution from CIBIL in all these years. Best of luck, faux MOHAN. :ack:

And got an update. Name's been updated correctly. Unexpected but I'm happy. :clapping:

• Like 1