Credit Card - Help & Recommendations

El Tigre Chino

On 9/15/2021 at 1:32 AM, Walker said:

So I pulled up my credit report just because. And everything was right except for one thing. My f**king name. First Name and Last Name were absolutely spot on, and because we live in a f**ked up world, someone has decided that was not enough and has added the totally sensible extra name of MOHAN. Why? IDK. I know no one named MOHAN, no relatives, friends or acquaintances. Just someone thought I needed to have an extra name added in there. Oh well. MOHAN. Yeah that's me now for some reason.

PS: Already flagged and logged a dispute so I'll hopefully not have MOHAN attached to my name in a couple of months. 

Thanks and Regards,

Not MOHAN

Stfu. You are Mohan and you will like it.

Currently using the following cards

1. Axis Select CC [Primary card, gonna continue]
  2. Axis Neo CC [Drop/Replace]
  3. Amazon-ICICI CC [Keep]
  4. Flipkart-Axis CC [Keep]
  5. SBI SimplySave CC [Drop/Replace]

Thinking of dropping/replacing a few. Considering HDFC, IndusInd Bank. Credit Rating has not taken any hit as I manage spending well. I don't think its wise to use/keep too many cards, but not sure how many are 'too many'.

So, asking for suggestions on ...

1) How many are too many?

2) If 4-5 are acceptable, which card should I consider? 

As long as you aren't opening it within a short timespan I think you should be fine. Don't take my word for it though. 

HDFC + ICICI Amazon is a good card to have for sales. Also Regalia is decent for lounge access at airports if you're traveling.

See what benefits the other cards offer and if they are relevant to you when taking a call.

40 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

As long as you aren't opening it within a short timespan I think you should be fine. Don't take my word for it though. 

HDFC + ICICI Amazon is a good card to have for sales. Also Regalia is decent for lounge access at airports if you're traveling.

See what benefits the other cards offer and if they are relevant to you when taking a call.

Don’t travel, mostly looking for online and retail card offers. HDFC gives offer on apple  stuff a lot which I miss out, but not sure about their hidden charges and overall experience. My experience with Axis is amazing.

Guys, I’m looking for a good fuel credit card. I tried getting the citi bank indian oil card but I’m not a salaried employee I’m a freelancer so they rejected the application. 

do you guys know which one I can get ?

@Aercyhow do you use axis select? what benefits you specifically use that make it primary?

You can replace SBI SimplySave with SimplyClick, 1.25% cashback in form of amazon voucher for online spends (excluding wallet) and 2.5% on amazon.
Will allow you to use SBI Bank offers too. 

If income is greater than 24lpa, then I would advise Diners Club Black- 3.3% value in form of vouchers, 16% on gift vouchers of amazon, flipkart using hdfc smartbuy.

10 hours ago, OnlyConsultant said:

@Aercyhow do you use axis select? what benefits you specifically use that make it primary?

Axis Select got me a lot of joining bonus. ₹2k Amazon voucher on first spend, 1 year Prime membership on spending ₹5k within 1 month of joining, reversal of joining fee of ₹3000 by spending 60k in the first 90 days.

10 EdgeRewards points for every ₹200 spent + 3000 points on annual spending of ₹3L

I’m planning on discarding this at the end of the year (11th month).

10 hours ago, OnlyConsultant said:

You can replace SBI SimplySave with SimplyClick, 1.25% cashback in form of amazon voucher for online spends (excluding wallet) and 2.5% on amazon.

If income is greater than 24lpa, then I would advise Diners Club Black- 3.3% value in form of vouchers, 16% on gift vouchers of amazon, flipkart using hdfc smartbuy.

Thanks for the SBI info, will do that.

And no, I’m noway near that earning ?

11 hours ago, OnlyConsultant said:

Diners is banned though.

12 hours ago, OnlyConsultant said:

Got the card. Digitally delivered, physical to be dispatched. Gonna dump the SimplySave card before the next renewal.

22 hours ago, OnlyConsultant said:

Check this : Link outside forum

I checked this, there is a lot of information there I see most cards have a limit of cashback to 150-200 rs per month. I want to know which one is the most useful, because for example ICICI card gives you payback points with it as well. Is that more valuable than the citi card ? Which advertises to have 71 litres free per year which is a lot more than the rest

I don't have a CC yet.

If I want to have just one CC, which one to go for?

Mainly online spends like Amazon and bill payments and offline regular usage like dining etc. Also a card which provides best conversion for travels will be preferred.

Since Diner's is not coming anytime soon, I don't think it's wise to wait for that LTF offer.

I am getting LTFs from ICICI, Axis and HDFC Regalia and Amazon CC is LTF anyway.

Please suggest which is the best. I am thinking about Regalia because of Intermiles and Smartbuy.

On 10/2/2021 at 1:09 PM, KunjanPSD said:

I don't have a CC yet.

Mainly online spends like Amazon and bill payments and offline regular usage like dining etc. Also a card which provides best conversion for travels will be preferred.

Since Diner's is not coming anytime soon, I don't think it's wise to wait for that LTF offer.

I am getting LTFs from ICICI, Axis and HDFC Regalia and Amazon CC is LTF anyway.

Please suggest which is the best. I am thinking about Regalia because of Intermiles and Smartbuy.

HDFC. Overall offline and Online offers keep coming. If you are okay with 2, then just go for the co-branded carda from ICICI and Axis to get 5% unlimited cashback on the respective e-commerce sites. Free cards so no worries 

On 10/2/2021 at 1:09 PM, KunjanPSD said:

I don't have a CC yet.

Go for Regalia and then later on upgrade to Infinia. I don't think there is anything better than Infinia. Some amex cards are good but unfortunately they hardly ever offer their good cards LTF. Also, you can use the Smartbuy Hdfc portal to shop on Amazon and FK to get additional 5% cashback or 5x points. 

On 10/6/2021 at 9:23 AM, SuperT said:

Go for Regalia and then later on upgrade to Infinia. I don't think there is anything better than Infinia. Some amex cards are good but unfortunately they hardly ever offer their good cards LTF. Also, you can use the Smartbuy Hdfc portal to shop on Amazon and FK to get additional 5% cashback or 5x points. 

Axis also have GrabDeals portal that does that, sometimes even 10% additional cashback. They started 3 months back.

I saw all the HDFC cards and felt Millennia Card was best suited fir online usage with low annual charges (₹1000 with reversal option), what’s special about Regalia?

On 10/6/2021 at 9:23 AM, SuperT said:

Smartbuy portal has a monthly limit.

But Intermiles is good enough.

Will complete online application for Regalia today, shows LTF to me.

Will consider getting Amazon ICICI card as well, not sure.

Infinia seems a bit too expensive to me for now.