Credit Card - Help & Recommendations

El Tigre Chino

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

Smartbuy portal has a monthly limit.

But Intermiles is good enough.

Will complete online application for Regalia today, shows LTF to me.

Will consider getting Amazon ICICI card as well, not sure.

Infinia seems a bit too expensive to me for now.

If you maintain a good balance in your account and keep making frequent transactions on the Regalia card they might upgrade you to the Infinia LTF but it will take some time before they do that. 

1 hour ago, Aercy said:

Axis also have GrabDeals portal that does that, sometimes even 10% additional cashback. They started 3 months back.

I saw all the HDFC cards and felt Millennia Card was best suited fir online usage with low annual charges (₹1000 with reversal option), what’s special about Regalia?

Regalia you can easily get LTF. Or you can spend around 2-3 lakhs in a year and ask them to waive off the fees. Millennia is not bad either but if you travel and dine out/order food online a lot then Regalia is the best. Also, when you redeem the points on the card, Regalia has a much better value Rs.0.50 per point and Rs.0.30 per point for Millennia if I am not mistaken.  

5 hours ago, Aercy said:

I saw all the HDFC cards and felt Millennia Card was best suited fir online usage with low annual charges (₹1000 with reversal option), what’s special about Regalia?

Aercy, it is well documented now that Millenia and by extent HDFC is supremely bad at crediting fair reward points. Now i don't use Millenia Credit Card but I do have Millenia Debit Card which has same rewards as Millenia CC (IIRC), and out of 1200 reward points I was supposed to get, I have been only credited 20.

I have been busy for a while but do intend to talk to customer care about this.

Also, Millenia CC had quite useless computations for rewards. 
Sums up the card very well.

5 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Will consider getting Amazon ICICI card as well, not sure.

If you have better rewarding cards like Indus Pinnacle (2.5% Online), BoB Eterna (3% Online) then this is worthless for anything except wallet load (gives 1% but paytm takes 2%) and amazon spends for 5%.

Also, usually this card is excluded from ICICI 10% offers. Even on amazon when ICICI is running sale, you will get 5% discount and 5% cashback. 

Source: Have this and other cards, don't use it much but as LTF good to have nevertheless. 

Edit: Axis ACE has 2% cashback and Axis Flipkart has 1.5% regular cashback.

Edited by OnlyConsultant

On 10/2/2021 at 2:04 AM, hussain said:

Is that more valuable than the citi card ? Which advertises to have 71 litres free per year which is a lot more than the rest

That you have to figure out. If you check any bank marketing material, I would say majority of times it would not apply exactly on you. 

Different points have different value. IIRC SBI points have value of .25, same with IDFC, RBL is .18, YES is also less than .20 INR. Axis has EDGE rewards which have different redemption value than flat cashback of Axis Flipkart or Axis Ace card (where 1pt=1 INR)

26 minutes ago, OnlyConsultant said:

Also, usually this card is excluded from ICICI 10% offers. Even on amazon when ICICI is running sale, you will get 5% discount and 5% cashback. 

ICICI-Amazon card is eligible for 10% discount during the ongoing FK sale like all of the ICICI cards.

3 minutes ago, Aercy said:

ICICI-Amazon card is eligible for 10% discount during the ongoing FK sale like all of the ICICI cards.

Yeah. Funny how in every sale, FK gives better discounts on Amz ICICI card than Amazon. :lol:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Yeah. Funny how in every sale, FK gives better discounts on Amz ICICI card than Amazon. :lol:

It's a broken marriage :)

Edited by Aercy

• 4 weeks later...

Which is the best CC for dining and shopping physically? My Amazon ICICI card doesn't give any points on spending anywhere except Amazon, the only other card I have is simply click from SBI.

If I am gonna spend on something like BBQ nation or some store like Trends. Then why not earn some points.

Please suggest. I will apply quickly.

5 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

I've been meaning to upgrade my Regalia for a while now.

Is the issue with Diners still not resolved? Also how to get an invite for either Diners or Infinia?

Diners is still banned.

One didn't need an invite for Diners but it is needed for Infinia.

Generally they'll ask you to be an Imperia member i.e. 10L monthly balance or something like that.

You should contact your relationship manager.

7 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Diners is still banned.

One didn't need an invite for Diners but it is needed for Infinia.

Generally they'll ask you to be an Imperia member i.e. 10L monthly balance or something like that.

You should contact your relationship manager.

Why the f**k would i have 10 L monthly balance in a savings account that gives no returns? ?

6 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

Why the f**k would i have 10 L monthly balance in a savings account that gives no returns? ?

Because the Bank gets the returns from that and that's why they give you the invite :P

There is another option of having 15L split between FD & savings account.

And after a certain point, I think it's really doable. Not all of your capital should be invested in equity/funds.

2yrs worth of emergency expenses should be parked in either debt funds or FDs, so you can use that to hit the limit.

Got 2 invites to share for Cred Mint. 

It's a P2P lending platform - gives upto 9% XIRR yearly. Compared to other P2P lending platforms, what I liked it you dont have to select whom you are sending money to. The contract is between you and Cred, not you and the person taking the loan - which is were most defaults happen. 

And interest is applicable from the day after money transfer. 

They only lend to those with CIBIL 790 or higher. 

Minimum is 1L, max is 10L. 

Parked a small amount to see how it goes. 

Let me know if someone wants to explore and invest.

5 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Got 2 invites to share for Cred Mint. 

It's a P2P lending platform - gives upto 9% XIRR yearly. Compared to other P2P lending platforms, what I liked it you dont have to select whom you are sending money to. The contract is between you and Cred, not you and the person taking the loan - which is were most defaults happen. 

And interest is applicable from the day after money transfer. 

They only lend to those with CIBIL 790 or higher. 

Minimum is 1L, max is 10L. 

Parked a small amount to see how it goes. 

Let me know if someone wants to explore and invest.

Too risky of a venue to explore. I got an invite too but nah , P2P lending comes with good amount of risk.

4 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Because the Bank gets the returns from that and that's why they give you the invite :P

There is another option of having 15L split between FD & savings account.

And after a certain point, I think it's really doable. Not all of your capital should be invested in equity/funds.

2yrs worth of emergency expenses should be parked in either debt funds or FDs, so you can use that to hit the limit.

That's a lot for emergency funds in liquid cash man. I agree to your point about FD, but honestly, my cards give me a limit of 10-12L each. Having another 15L on top of it sounds overkill considering i can swipe the cards. I mean, I am still a salaried guy. Makes sense for me to think about my retirement and invest instead.

16 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Too risky of a venue to explore. I got an invite too but nah , P2P lending comes with good amount of risk.

Have already dipped into P2P lending for 3-4 years now, and this comes without the headache of losing money. Invested to see what returns can they generate.   

14 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

That's a lot for emergency funds in liquid cash man. I agree to your point about FD, but honestly, my cards give me a limit of 10-12L each. Having another 15L on top of it sounds overkill considering i can swipe the cards. I mean, I am still a salaried guy. Makes sense for me to think about my retirement and invest instead.

Being from a salaried class has its own pros and cons.

In an event of a very dire necessity which might span over 6 months, swiping cards can literally be a death sentence.

Fo ex: If someone loses their job and some medical situation comes up (Covid), you won't be able to pay back the credit.

Or let's say someone loses their job and recession kicks in.

The interest will keep on building if you miss any instalments. And it turns into a nightmare.

The only way will be to sell your assets (equity/funds etc) which will be very detrimental to their value.

That's why you need funds which weren't heavily dependent upon compounding and don't attract any interest.

Should ideally be 2 years worth of expenses.

Being a salaried person myself, I wasn't much entertained by the idea of an emergency fund.

I wanted to invest every dime in high return instruments but I have understood the importance over the last year.

I still haven't provisioned much for it yet because I just started working few months ago and the ich to invest is still there but need to get at it soon.

• Like 1