Credit Card - Help & Recommendations

El Tigre Chino

12 minutes ago, eddy4823 said:

Only if the amount is 1 Lac and above ? That sucks. Amount in my case never exceeds 30k. 

You can pay using UPI if it is less and redeem the points you earn on cred for discounts/cashbacks etc. The offers were really good when they launched I once won a cashback for Rs. 4600 in their early days but now its usually never more than Rs. 15-20 but hey that is free money for just paying your credit card bill so I am not complaining. Sometimes the discounts on products/travel is good but mostly meh. 

6 minutes ago, SuperT said:

You can pay using UPI if it is less and redeem the points you earn on cred for discounts/cashbacks etc. The offers were really good when they launched I once won a cashback for Rs. 4600 in their early days but now its usually never more than Rs. 15-20 but hey that is free money for just paying your credit card bill so I am not complaining. Sometimes the discounts on products/travel is good but mostly meh. 

I once won a 1000 rs. cashback but when I was receiving 8-9 rs, I stopped using CRED. Directly paying via NetBanking is less hassle instead of paying in parts for 8-9 rs. 

4 minutes ago, eddy4823 said:

I once won a 1000 rs. cashback but when I was receiving 8-9 rs, I stopped using CRED. Directly paying via NetBanking is less hassle instead of paying in parts for 8-9 rs. 

True the benefits aren't great anymore. They sometimes have good offers on coffee and travel so I end up using it sometimes. 

23 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

I received a credit report from Cred's partner and in it they have added an active consumer loan which was granted by HDFC (TV's EMI).

But the EMI was completed almost 6 months ago. Then why is it showing up as active in the report?

Do I need to contact someone for getting this fixed?

It takes time sometimes . I paid my car loan 3 years back and it reflect after an year.

For some strange reason, my application is still in processing state on unicards. It's been 7 days and customer care doesn't have answer why. 

SliceIt claims to provide 2% rewards on payment of bill and same policy of splitting bill in 3 instalments 

Anyone using it ? 

edit : applied for sliceit and stuck at same process. wtf is this sorcery. My credit score is 671.

Edited by eddy4823

On 12/22/2021 at 2:13 PM, KunjanPSD said:

I received a credit report from Cred's partner and in it they have added an active consumer loan which was granted by HDFC (TV's EMI).

But the EMI was completed almost 6 months ago. Then why is it showing up as active in the report?

Do I need to contact someone for getting this fixed?

An update on this.

Contacted HDFC and after 10 days they come back to tell me that even though all the installments were paid on time, there was still a due balance of 0.49 Rs because auto pay EMI is a "system" process and it rounds off the EMI amount.

And that due balance kept on accruing penalty, hence the loan kept showing on the credit report as active.

Lol, I seriously lost my sh*t and wrote them a scathing email and now as a "gesture" they are going to waive off the balance and penalty in next 7-10 days.

I can't believe this. HDFC's system is so sh*t.

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

An update on this.

Contacted HDFC and after 10 days they come back to tell me that even though all the installments were paid on time, there was still a due balance of 0.49 Rs because auto pay EMI is a "system" process and it rounds off the EMI amount.

And that due balance kept on accruing penalty, hence the loan kept showing on the credit report as active.

Lol, I seriously lost my sh*t and wrote them a scathing email and now as a "gesture" they are going to waive off the balance and penalty in next 7-10 days.

HDFC is really bad and they just try to cover that up with constant high-value consumer durable discount (especially Apple)

2 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

An update on this.

Dude wtf ? You're lucky this did not get noted down as "Missed Payment" Or "NPA" That would have fxxxxx your credit score for life. 

Does that mean if you did not contact them that 0.49 can be 10,000 after 10-15 years if you dont look at it ?:roflroll:

1 hour ago, rushaboswal said:

Dude wtf ? You're lucky this did not get noted down as "Missed Payment" Or "NPA" That would have fxxxxx your credit score for life. 

Does that mean if you did not contact them that 0.49 can be 10,000 after 10-15 years if you dont look at it ?:roflroll:

Dude, Idk. Such a stupid system.

I might just report them to credit bureau.

Just now, KunjanPSD said:

Better to use the ombudsman in this case. Just ask them to explain why this was on your report for this period and not closed earlier. Then  if you're petty like me, escalate to the RBI ombudsman :fear1:

5 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I know because thats what happened with our very old connection with reliance. (nothing on the credit report ) but we were served a notice of around 10k even after clearing all the bill. It was an error on their side resulting 100rs penalty turning into this!

1 hour ago, LordSpymaster said:

Better to use the ombudsman in this case. Just ask them to explain why this was on your report for this period and not closed earlier. Then  if you're petty like me, escalate to the RBI ombudsman :fear1:

I will probably do that if they don't fix it in next 10 days. 

14 minutes ago, R1shabh said:

Does it really take 90-120 days for cashback (INR5000) to reflect after purchase (Reliance Digital) via CC (HDFC Regalia)? 

These merchant linked cashbacks usually come on the last day of the period they specify in my experience. Has happened with HDFC, ICICI and Amex.

On 12/31/2021 at 8:33 PM, KunjanPSD said:

An update on this.

Update:

They charged me 0.39 bucks and settled it against the loan amount. Will see how long it will take for it to be reflected in Credit Bureau.

22 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Update:

They charged me 0.39 bucks and settled it against the loan amount. Will see how long it will take for it to be reflected in Credit Bureau.

same for one of my a\old account on bajaj finance, something I picked in 2007, finally paid them 12 rupees last year and got it closed.