Credit Card - Help & Recommendations

El Tigre Chino

13 hours ago, Aercy said:

Drinks were expensive when I used my lounge privilege, what card did you use? 

Drinks are on the house at international lounges and in India too if you have an international flight. I always visit the lounge on international trips using my regalia in India and the priority pass overseas. The food also is pretty good - International lounges are awesome. 

Domestic lounges are pretty crowded and the food isn't great I usually avoid domestic lounges when travelling on domestic flights. 

45 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Drinks are on the house at international lounges and in India too if you have an international flight. I always visit the lounge on international trips using my regalia in India and the priority pass overseas. The food also is pretty good - International lounges are awesome. 

Domestic lounges are pretty crowded and the food isn't great I usually avoid domestic lounges when travelling on domestic flights. 

I have a regalia as well, can I also take mom to the intl lounge ( after paying ofcourse) or else I’ll have to get her a regalia s as well :P

4 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Just get her an add on card on your primary card. That should do the trick. 

oh yeah, youre right. Thanks

1 hour ago, SuperT said:

Haven't gotten a chance to use Priority Pass yet, bummer.

What is the process to upgrade CC? I have ICICI Platinum which is as basic as it gets how should I approach for upgrade? And should I request for specific cc I want or they will tell me based on my eligibility?

I am sure I shouldn't entertain those random cold calls for CC

Edited by Root

2 minutes ago, Root said:

What is the process to upgrade CC? I have ICICI Platinum which is as basic as it gets how should I approach for upgrade? And should I request for specific cc I want or they will tell me based on my eligibility?

I am sure I shouldn't entertain those random cold calls for CC

Nov 2020 I had a decent 1.5 year credit history on my Coral. So went to the branch and spoke to the CC guy about a limit enhancement. He offered limit and a Rubyx both, which I took. So just speak to your branch and see where it goes.

5 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

Those who have a priority pass, is it good? Does it offer any more benefits than a decent CC? How's your PP use case pre-covid been?

Priority Pass comes complimentary with Regalia onwards. Mainly helps for premium loungers outside India.

I haven't personally used it but my sister has, extensively. According to her, the lounges are way better than something which Regalia/Diners offers by default.

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

Even without the secondary card, you can always pay in case you want to take someone else, costs around 1.5k.

Thats sounds Better tbh

56 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Yeah man all my priority pass cards have expired I need to request for the renewal of priority pass but I am just delaying it God knows when I'll travel international again. :sadbye:

How does one go about requesting for a priority pass?

11 minutes ago, Snake said:

How does one go about requesting for a priority pass?

Just google HDFC Priority Pass and you will come across an online form. Fill it and wait it out.

I haven't requested it yet because of Covid, will do if I get to travel anytime soon. 6 free visits in a calendar year, only for International use.

Domestic lounges even on International flights are chargeable at $27+tax, same goes for visits after limit/guest.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KunjanPSD said:

Just google HDFC Priority Pass and you will come across an online form. Fill it and wait it out.

I haven't requested it yet because of Covid, will do if I get to travel anytime soon. 6 free visits in a calendar year, only for International use.

Domestic lounges even on International flights are chargeable at $27+tax, same goes for visits after limit/guest.

For the domestic airport international lounges you can use the credit card itself you need the priority pass for overseas lounges. 

Just now, SuperT said:

For the domestic airport international lounges you can use the credit card itself you need the priority pass for overseas lounges. 

Yeah, I know. Earlier priority pass was free for domestic too (2018/19), so you had the option to use it if visits on your CC were exhausted.

• Like 1

I wanna get an HDFC Regalia add on credit card for my wife. What are the cons and charges? Anything I should know before applying? 

As far as I know, it is just another card with same number and same bill but two cards working at the same time and bill generation would be same? Is it correct? 

I just want to see a consolidated bill of both. 

7 hours ago, dante77 said:

I wanna get an HDFC Regalia add on credit card for my wife. What are the cons and charges? Anything I should know before applying? 

As far as I know, it is just another card with same number and same bill but two cards working at the same time and bill generation would be same? Is it correct? 

I just want to see a consolidated bill of both. 

Yup - everything will show up on the primary card statement. Also, I think 2 add on cards are free iirc. Call up customer care to be sure before applying. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...