Credit Card - Help & Recommendations

El Tigre Chino

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

It's a bit irritating tbh. Earlier, 1mg cashback could be used with any mode of payment. Now it has been turned into Neu points, and are only redeemable when paying via Tata Pay. 

Edit: Also, it has to be the laziest app/rewards program name I've seen. 

That's the point of the app.

You spend on anything, be it meds or big basket or travel and you get to redeem those points on anything. 

I am not saying it's great but 5% rewards on spends and able to include all the FF programs and hotel memberships in one is convenient.

Any guide for maximising card rewards for basically travel?

Like beginners guide for various cards and spending habits.

Seen a few twitter handles and apparently people can literally earn enough to hardly spend their own money on travel.

Edited by KunjanPSD

32 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

That's the point of the app.

You spend on anything, be it meds or big basket or travel and you get to redeem those points on anything. 

I am not saying it's great but 5% rewards on spends and able to include all the FF programs and hotel memberships in one is convenient.

But it comes at the cost of only paying via Tata Pay. No other payment modes allowed for redemption (at least on 1mg). 

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

But it comes at the cost of only paying via Tata Pay. No other payment modes allowed for redemption (at least on 1mg). 

Not sure about this.

Need to sit down and dedicate some days to figure this whole CC rewards game.

4 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Any guide for maximising card rewards for basically travel?

Like beginners guide for various cards and spending habits.

Seen a few twitter handles and apparently people can literally earn enough to hardly spend their own money on travel.

There are many. Myself have done 9 days Singapore and 15 days Europe with family purely on points and miles. 

Few suggestions 

1. Fix your goal, what you want in return from your cards spends. I look for things on which I try to avoid spending out of my own pocket like travelling rather than buying stuff. 

2. Use right card for right purchase to maximise return

3. Identifying and sign up of Frequent flyer programs and Hotel Loyalty programs 

4. Don't overspend just to gain points, not worth the hassle 

5. With keeping point no 4 in mind, divert all spend on credit cards 

6. Use third party tools while buying to get extra benfits 

Above are just few basics to get started in Miles game. 

Edited by hannibal09
Correction

33 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Tata Pay is only UPI. No CC. 

I meant the whole rewards game.

Have been lagging in this space. People really do eke out some great rewards by using the correct cards and correct expenses.

And coupled with platform specific discounts + Neu coins, the reward structure of Tata Neu is not bad actually.

2 minutes ago, hannibal09 said:

There are many. Myself have done 9 days Singapore and 15 days Europe with family purely on points and miles. 

Few suggestions 

1. Fix your goal, what you want in return from your cards spends. I look for things on which I try to avoid spending out of my own pocket like travelling rather than buying stuff. 

2. Use right card for right purchase to maximise return

3. Identifying and sign up of Frequent flyer programs and Hotel Loyalty programs 

4. Don't overspend just to gain points, not worth the hassle 

5. With keeping point no 4 in mind, divert all spend on credit cards 

6. Use third party toopd while buying to get extra benfits 

Above are just few basics to get started in Miles game. 

My goal is travel and hotel stay only.

I need to read up about Frequent Flyer and Loyalty programs like Star Alliance and all that.

Not sure what you mean by 3rd party toopd.

Can explain a little about your expense structure and which cards you use for what purpose and which FF/Loyalty program is most beneficial.

Right now just working with Regalia, hoping to get to Infinia by next year. And looking to add another card too.

19 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

My goal is travel and hotel stay only.

I need to read up about Frequent Flyer and Loyalty programs like Star Alliance and all that.

Not sure what you mean by 3rd party toopd.

Can explain a little about your expense structure and which cards you use for what purpose and which FF/Loyalty program is most beneficial.

Right now just working with Regalia, hoping to get to Infinia by next year. And looking to add another card too.

Travel is vast subject and there is no program which is always beneficial 

I do advice to follow people on twitter who talks about miles and cards. I used to be active there now I hardly post. You can also keep on eye when next workshops comes to give idea about whole miles and hotel programs

Twitter Workshop

(disclosure : these were my workshops, conducted for free)

I meant third party tools like when buying on amazon, flipkart you could use intermiles for extra points which can be redeemed for free flight & hotels. 

For travel specific need, go for cards having larger tranfer partners like Citi Premiermiles, Prestige, Amex cards, Axis atlas, Vistara Cards, HSBC Visa platinum etc. Prefer to select a card having multiple transfer partner instead of single untill you getting extra bonus points. 

• Like 1

On 4/10/2022 at 10:17 PM, hannibal09 said:

Travel is vast subject and there is no program which is always beneficial 

I do advice to follow people on twitter who talks about miles and cards. I used to be active there now I hardly post. You can also keep on eye when next workshops comes to give idea about whole miles and hotel programs

Twitter Workshop

(disclosure : these were my workshops, conducted for free)

I meant third party tools like when buying on amazon, flipkart you could use intermiles for extra points which can be redeemed for free flight & hotels. 

For travel specific need, go for cards having larger tranfer partners like Citi Premiermiles, Prestige, Amex cards, Axis atlas, Vistara Cards, HSBC Visa platinum etc. Prefer to select a card having multiple transfer partner instead of single untill you getting extra bonus points. 

Will look out for any workshop.

Let me know in case you ever hold one or someone else does. Will be appreciated.

Not sure how intermiles work on Amazon.

I generally buy Amazon GV from Smartbuy but now Daily/Monthly Cap on Bonus Rewards plus Monthly limit of 5K GV has greatly nerfed it.

Edited by KunjanPSD

• 3 weeks later...

So I tried buying something from Amazon via HDFC Smartbuy.

I went on to the Amazon Smartbuy page, searched what I wanted and clicked on it.

It redirected me to the product page on another tab. Couldn't really tell from the URL if it smartbuy specific.

Added in cart and payed via HDFC CC.

That's the usual proceedure, right?

Got no other notification for Smartbuy, followed all tge steps but product page was similar.

14 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

So I tried buying something from Amazon via HDFC Smartbuy.

I went on to the Amazon Smartbuy page, searched what I wanted and clicked on it.

It redirected me to the product page on another tab. Couldn't really tell from the URL if it smartbuy specific.

Added in cart and payed via HDFC CC.

That's the usual proceedure, right?

Got no other notification for Smartbuy, followed all tge steps but product page was similar.

Check merchant name on OTP page, mostly it says Amazon smartbuy. However some time even when it says just amazon, people have received points. 

And the HDFC devaluation continues.

Now with processing fee+gst on Amazon Vouchers.

Infinia and DCB still holding up but for Regalia, Amazon voucher RR is now down to 3%. 

Not sure what HDFC CC product managers are thinking. 

People will line up for Amex when the ban goes away but they will have their own devaluation, for right now, HDFC is really hurting its customer base.

Guys , my RM just told me that they can offer me the Axis privilege card 1500 joining fee and 1500 per year , anyone on this card?

3 hours ago, Snake said:

Guys , my RM just told me that they can offer me the Axis privilege card 1500 joining fee and 1500 per year , anyone on this card?

That's the regular pricing.

Why do you even need this card? It doesn't seem that great and certainly something which should be LTF.

30 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

That's the regular pricing.

Why do you even need this card? It doesn't seem that great and certainly something which should be LTF.

Mere pass regular my zone hai :(