Credit Card - Help & Recommendations

El Tigre Chino

3 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

How long before you get credit limit upgrade on your Regalia?

I have been using it for 6 months+ and have gone through the first spending milestone. Haven't received any upgrade yet, people on twitter keep getting it by loads.

Regalia's return rate is embarrassing, need to work towards Infinia or anything new they launch especially when Amex is also closed.

@hannibal09

Whats your other relationship with HDFC? What's current limit on Regalia? In this limit enhancement cycle, neither me nor my wife got limit enhancement. Both holding Infinia 

3 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

I have been using it for 6 months+ and have gone through the first spending milestone. Haven't received any upgrade yet, people on twitter keep getting it by loads.

Regalia's return rate is embarrassing, need to work towards Infinia or anything new they launch especially when Amex is also closed.

@hannibal09

I got credit limit extension thrice on my regalia, the last one as recent as in the last 3-4 months. 

Edited by R3D_D3ViL

38 minutes ago, hannibal09 said:

Whats your other relationship with HDFC? What's current limit on Regalia? In this limit enhancement cycle, neither me nor my wife got limit enhancement. Both holding Infinia 

It’s my only bank account. No FDs or anything but salary credits in this one only and all the spends are made via this only. Quite a long standing account.

Current limit is 3L, which is standard, I guess. 

I was supposed to get LTF DCB because of being from an eligible college but after the ban ended, my old application was automatically processed and was given Regalia instead, RM got changed and I couldn’t do anything.

Have been using for 6 months+ now.

Rewards are horrendous on Regalia.

20 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Even I have 3L credit limit for Regalia. Don't need more for now. 

It’s not about need. Generally your card upgrades are tied with your current card limit.

Like for Infinia, 8L limit and 7.5L spend in last 6 months should be enough. Spend is high but you can plan for it but limit takes time to upgrade.

So I updated my credit score on cred and surprisingly it dropped by 7 points.

Turns out my "New credit accounts" went from 1 to 0 and hence the drop.

So basically if I don't open new cards or any new type of credit, the score drops, lol.

What a scam.

Also, opening a new account lowers your avg. credit age which lowers your score anyway.

17 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

@hannibal09

Not so soon man. How high is your spending ? If you spend anywhere around 10L in a year you can then approach a branch and ask them to take it up with the cards team so that it can be considered. Or shoot a mail to HDFC Grievance Redressal team, people on twitter keep sharing the senior team's ids. Worth a shot. 

14 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Not so soon man. How high is your spending ? If you spend anywhere around 10L in a year you can then approach a branch and ask them to take it up with the cards team so that it can be considered. Or shoot a mail to HDFC Grievance Redressal team, people on twitter keep sharing the senior team's ids. Worth a shot. 

Grievance redressal is fed up of me by now because I keep harping on them regarding the promised DCB.

RM promised me credit limit upgrade and then card upgrade in 6 months, that's why I have been asking.

Also recently they failed to credit bonus points to my account, no sign of them in any statement. Upon inquiry they said X points were due to be posted on your account soon but even after they were posted, the smartbuy transaction didn't receive any bonus points.

So I reached back and they told me that they mistakenly posted the X points earlier and they will revert it soon.

I mean lol, if they revert it then it basically means I have not received bonus points for any of my smartbuy purchases in last 6 months. Idk what to do.

Edited by KunjanPSD

18 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Grievance redressal is fed up of me by now because I keep harping on them regarding the promised DCB.

RM promised me credit limit upgrade and then card upgrade in 6 months, that's why I have been asking.

Also recently they failed to credit bonus points to my account, no sign of them in any statement. Upon inquiry they said X points were due to be posted on your account soon but even after they were posted, the smartbuy transaction didn't receive any bonus points.

So I reached back and they told me that they mistakenly posted the X points earlier and they will revert it soon.

I mean lol, if they revert it then it basically means I have not received bonus points for any of my smartbuy purchases in last 6 months. Idk what to do.

Customer Care teams are pretty horrible when it comes to Banks/Credit Cards in India. Amex is the only exception. 

3 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Customer Care teams are pretty horrible when it comes to Banks/Credit Cards in India. Amex is the only exception. 

I just hope Amex comes back soon, Regalia is not worth it. Might as well spend on some mid-tier Amex.

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

I just hope Amex comes back soon, Regalia is not worth it. Might as well spend on some mid-tier Amex.

Do what I did to Regalia. Abused the sh*t out of HDFC CC for charging yearly fee after promising LTF, and not sending a statement out, causing my wife to pay late fee TWICE. 

And then cancelled the card. Hate HDFC with a vengeance. Just spineless shitholes. I am moving most purchases to Amex and Axis FK (wherever the return is 4%). Amex at least has decent CC (Axis is sh*t too). 

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Do what I did to Regalia. Abused the sh*t out of HDFC CC for charging yearly fee after promising LTF, and not sending a statement out, causing my wife to pay late fee TWICE. 

And then cancelled the card. Hate HDFC with a vengeance. Just spineless shitholes. I am moving most purchases to Amex and Axis FK (wherever the return is 4%). Amex at least has decent CC (Axis is sh*t too). 

Axis CC is absolute garbage. On their Magnus card, they took like 4 months to post even normal reward points and tons of hidden T&C.

I will just get this sorted hopefully and stop using Regalia, won't close it right now because that will send credit score low.

I am afraid they will charge me fee too for Regalia despite of the LTF offer they were running. Fortunately, I have someone who works in HDFC CC division, so that's my last resort.

Can't wait for Amex to come back but for sure they will bring devaluation.

Anything below DCB or Infinia at HDFC and you are treated like sh*t.

18 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

It’s my only bank account. No FDs or anything but salary credits in this one only and all the spends are made via this only. Quite a long standing account.

Current limit is 3L, which is standard, I guess. 

I was supposed to get LTF DCB because of being from an eligible college but after the ban ended, my old application was automatically processed and was given Regalia instead, RM got changed and I couldn’t do anything.

Have been using for 6 months+ now.

Rewards are horrendous on Regalia.

Try following things, it might help you get  credit limit enhancement 

1. Activate autopay from HDFC Bank account to credit card, even minimum amount due is ok

2. Keep some good amount of fund, in lacs for a quarters in account 

3. Take a jumbo/insta loan of minimum ammount ot whatever you need 

4. If not already, upgrade account to preferred or imperia

Above methods have helped few people, but not sure shot way though. 

My RM got me DCB even when I was not earning half of required income. My wife got Infinia even when she is home maker with no income. So HDFC hai to mumkin hai ? 

52 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Axis CC is absolute garbage. On their Magnus card, they took like 4 months to post even normal reward points and tons of hidden T&C.

I will just get this sorted hopefully and stop using Regalia, won't close it right now because that will send credit score low.

I am afraid they will charge me fee too for Regalia despite of the LTF offer they were running. Fortunately, I have someone who works in HDFC CC division, so that's my last resort.

Can't wait for Amex to come back but for sure they will bring devaluation.

Anything below DCB or Infinia at HDFC and you are treated like sh*t.

I haven't had issues with Axis Magnus, get the reward points updated on every billing cycle, including the 2x-5x ones from buying through their Grab Deals portal. It has an annaul 10k fee, but you also get 10k Tata Cliq vouchers every year.

Waiting to see if I get the offer for Infinia, I fit their eligibility criteria, going to check after the 6th month's salary gets credited into that account.

9 minutes ago, psinide said:

I haven't had issues with Axis Magnus, get the reward points updated on every billing cycle, including the 2x-5x ones from buying through their Grab Deals portal. It has an annaul 10k fee, but you also get 10k Tata Cliq vouchers every year.

Waiting to see if I get the offer for Infinia, I fit their eligibility criteria, going to check after the 6th month's salary gets credited into that account.

Bro, if you meet the criteria of 8L limit on a current HDFC card and have 7.5L spends in last 2 months on it then send CC a mail. It should go through, people are easily getting it via this route. Push CC on mail.

14 minutes ago, hannibal09 said:

Try following things, it might help you get  credit limit enhancement 

1. Activate autopay from HDFC Bank account to credit card, even minimum amount due is ok

2. Keep some good amount of fund, in lacs for a quarters in account 

3. Take a jumbo/insta loan of minimum ammount ot whatever you need 

4. If not already, upgrade account to preferred or imperia

Above methods have helped few people, but not sure shot way though. 

My RM got me DCB even when I was not earning half of required income. My wife got Infinia even when she is home maker with no income. So HDFC hai to mumkin hai ? 

I have preferred banking so (2) is automatically fulfilled. I don't have any loans or autopay. Probably not gonna keep enough money for Imperia yet, maybe in future.

Will make an autopay mandate for minimum amount.

Gonna push CC, DCB acceptance might be low but Regalia se toh better hai, yha 1 RP = 0.5 mile dukh de deta hai Regalia par.

Will take a backup Amz ICICI card for where DCB doesn't work.

Edited by KunjanPSD

44 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Is DCB good? I'll try getting it LTF in that case. 

Yes.

It has lower bonus multiplier in some cases like 3X vs 5X but the daily/monthly max point cap is higher so you anyway get more points.

Also, 1RP of Regalia = 0.5 Mile on Krisflyer while 1 RP = 1 Mile on DCB/Infinia.

So for same spend, more points and better redemption on miles.

DCB acceptance is low though as they charge high merchant fees so a backup card is needed.