Credit Card - Help & Recommendations

El Tigre Chino

So not gonna get Infinia but they are gonna give me DCB LTF based on my college so I am gonna do that but need a backup card for the places where DCB doesn't work. Then maybe I will try for Infinia again 6 months down the line.

@hannibal09 What's the best option for the backup card? Focus is travel redemptions only, either via RP convertion or Airmiles.

Edited by KunjanPSD

On 6/9/2022 at 4:15 PM, KunjanPSD said:

So not gonna get Infinia but they are gonna give me DCB LTF based on my college so I am gonna do that but need a backup card for the places where DCB doesn't work. Then maybe I will try for Infinia again 6 months down the line.

@hannibal09 What's the best option for the backup card? Focus is travel redemptions only, either via RP convertion or Airmiles.

Sorry for late reply 

Axis Atlas is coming up as good option. Citi Premiermiles is also a good option. Both have 2 airmiles for every ₹100 spend and many transferable option. If your profile is good then you can call Citi Prestige line and ask them if you can get Prestige, if they say yes, apply for Premiermiles and if they say know, apply for Prestige. 

This will ensure you get best conversion to Miles. 

I had posted a twitter thread on using Citi points, you can check that out too. 

15 minutes ago, hannibal09 said:

Sorry for late reply 

Axis Atlas is coming up as good option. Citi Premiermiles is also a good option. Both have 2 airmiles for every ₹100 spend and many transferable option. If your profile is good then you can call Citi Prestige line and ask them if you can get Prestige, if they say yes, apply for Premiermiles and if they say know, apply for Prestige. 

This will ensure you get best conversion to Miles. 

I had posted a twitter thread on using Citi points, you can check that out too. 

Is Citi still offering new cards as they are exiting India and their cards business is going to Axis?

Anyway, I think Atlas is my best option. Citi cards are too expensive as well.

15 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Is Citi still offering new cards as they are exiting India and their cards business is going to Axis?

Anyway, I think Atlas is my best option. Citi cards are too expensive as well.

Yes they are still offering. Even they are running additional 4-5k cashback or voucher offers for new card members. Its best time to take Citi Cards. 

1 hour ago, hannibal09 said:

Yes they are still offering. Even they are running additional 4-5k cashback or voucher offers for new card members. Its best time to take Citi Cards. 

But what happens when they become Axis? 

What's the difference between prestige and premiermiles except the fees? Can't find much difference between the two, on website, both of them give 1RP/100 which is equal to 4 miles, so why pay 20k for prestige?

Edited by KunjanPSD

7 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

But what happens when they become Axis? 

What's the difference between prestige and premiermiles except the fees? Can't find much difference between the two, on website, both of them give 1RP/100 which is equal to 4 miles, so why pay 20k for prestige?

Prestige and Premiermiles are league apart. 

They both have different rewards structure. Check my tweet. 

Mods: if twitter link is against forum rules, please delete the post and I will keep that in mind 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hannibal09 said:

Prestige and Premiermiles are league apart. 

They both have different rewards structure. Check my tweet. 

Mods: if twitter link is against forum rules, please delete the post and I will keep that in mind 

Great thread, thanks a lot.

On Citi's website, they just mention 4 miles/100 for both but they don't mention the transfer ratio. Prestige in that case offers better base reward rate for Airmiles even than DCB and Infinia.

I am still not sure how things will change once the transfer is complete to Axis, any idea?

I will probably apply for Prestige in case there is no risk of Axis devaluing it, PM if I don't get prestige and then I can use it as a backup for my DCB.

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

On Citi's website, they just mention 4 miles/100 for both but they don't mention the transfer ratio. Prestige in that case offers better base reward rate for Airmiles even than DCB and Infinia.

I am still not sure how things will change once the transfer is complete to Axis, any idea?

I will probably apply for Prestige in case there is no risk of Axis devaluing it, PM if I don't get prestige and then I can use it as a backup for my DCB.

Also, any idea about SC ultimate? 5 RP/150 and says 1RP = 1 RE but I can't find any Krisflyer Transfer option/Ratio. Looks to be a good option for backup card just want to check Airmiles transfer ration compared to OM/Prestige if available.

On 6/14/2022 at 4:49 PM, KunjanPSD said:

Citi mention 4 Primermiles for PM and 4 air miles for Prestige, Hence confusion. 

No one know for sure how things will be after merger. As per one person having good relationship with axis in my cards group, Axis will offer Reserve to Citi Prestige customers and Atlas to Premiermiles. Edge rewards on Reserve could be converted to edge miles. Axis will try his best to retain Citi customers and Citi have one of the highest per card spends. Take either PM or Prestige as long as you can get it, I don't see any harm

22 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Also, any idea about SC ultimate? 5 RP/150 and says 1RP = 1 RE but I can't find any Krisflyer Transfer option/Ratio. Looks to be a good option for backup card just want to check Airmiles transfer ration compared to OM/Prestige if available.

SC Ultimate is one of the good card have almost no exclusions for earning points however AFAIK SC Ultimate points can be transferred to BA avios only at very poor ratio. 

So an update.

HDFC is f**king sh*t.

RM told me that he will get me LTF DCB because I am an IITD alumni and the same was promised to me when I graduated when the ban was running.

But after stringing me for 2 weeks, they have rejected even DCB let alone infinia on the basis that my current Regalia's limit is too low (the same Regalia which was offered to me as a temporary fix till I get DCB and promised a credit limit and card upgrade) and also that my spend is not that high, idk how 6L+ in last 6 months is not as high.

So long story short, gonna cut all of my expenses on Regalia. Trying to move to Citi Prestige.

2 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

So an update.

HDFC is f**king sh*t.

RM told me that he will get me LTF DCB because I am an IITD alumni and the same was promised to me when I graduated when the ban was running.

But after stringing me for 2 weeks, they have rejected even DCB let alone infinia on the basis that my current Regalia's limit is too low (the same Regalia which was offered to me as a temporary fix till I get DCB and promised a credit limit and card upgrade) and also that my spend is not that high, idk how 6L+ in last 6 months is not as high.

So long story short, gonna cut all of my expenses on Regalia. Trying to move to Citi Prestige.

Yikes, be sure to let your RM know that he/she is the reason you’re moving all your expenses to another card

17 minutes ago, Snake said:

Yikes, be sure to let your RM know that he/she is the reason you’re moving all your expenses to another card

Doing exactly that.

I threatened them I will close the card and even move bank accounts but to no avail.

And also in addition to that, they are saying my salary is too low. I mean, do any of the DCB/Infinia holders even meet the official requirement given on their website when they are given the card?

They offer DCB for 70-80k net and my earnings are way north of that. CC asks me to share the documents which I have already shared with RM, RM's head and their CC rep. Kitno ko documents share kru?

Just gonna keep Regalia around as it is LTF but really considering moving account to ICICI and trying Citi Prestige.

14 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Doing exactly that.

I threatened them I will close the card and even move bank accounts but to no avail.

And also in addition to that, they are saying my salary is too low. I mean, do any of the DCB/Infinia holders even meet the official requirement given on their website when they are given the card?

They offer DCB for 70-80k net and my earnings are way north of that. CC asks me to share the documents which I have already shared with RM, RM's head and their CC rep. Kitno ko documents share kru?

Just gonna keep Regalia around as it is LTF but really considering moving account to ICICI and trying Citi Prestige.

They just BS’ing you bro

19 minutes ago, Snake said:

They just BS’ing you bro

Whatever it is. Anything is better than Regalia, now that Mastercard is unbanned, Citi might move back to the MC world elite variant so trying to get that. Axis might change the rewards in future but that’s a problem for another day.

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

Whatever it is. Anything is better than Regalia, now that Mastercard is unbanned, Citi might move back to the MC world elite variant so trying to get that. Axis might change the rewards in future but that’s a problem for another day.

Im currently on regalia, they offered millennia. Told them I’m good fam