Credit Card - Help & Recommendations

El Tigre Chino

5 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Would they even be issuing new cards? Since they got sold to Axis... 

They are. 

Prestige holders will probably shift to Axis Reserve and PM to Atlas. But for now, Citi is issuing. Haven't been able to get a call for Prestige though while others are applying for PM and then upgrading to Prestige.

12 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Is there any credit card that gives lounge access to the card holder's +1 as well? I may want to upgrade from my ICICI Rubyx CC....

Axis Atlas, Magnus I know of. Others have to check 

9 hours ago, Root said:

Does add-on cards also get listed in Cibil? If so what is advantage of an add on card?

My wife has AU Zenith so should I apply for add on or go for a new Zenith application itself?

They get added as Authorised user however in personal experience untill you get your own card or loan, cibil score doesn't show

10 hours ago, Root said:

Does add-on cards also get listed in Cibil? If so what is advantage of an add on card?

My wife has AU Zenith so should I apply for add on or go for a new Zenith application itself?

Nope. Add-on cards don't contribute to the holder's credit score and hence not included in Cibil.

There are only a few startups which started offering this functionality.

Add-on card only helps you to put all the expenses on a particular card, nothing else. Generally for milestone based expenses.

Apply one for yourself if you need one.

23 hours ago, hannibal09 said:

Call Prestige line at +91-22-49181050, 1-800-419-1050, one of group member got rejected so he called these numbers and got Prestige. 

Trying to get PM and then convert to Prestige to get extra kick out of the welcome points.

I have a few doubts though, can I immediately apply for Prestige upgrade after getting PM?

Also what about the card fee, I assume I will only get 10,000 PM miles after I pay PM's fee, so once I upgrade I will have to pay full Prestige fee even though I will be upgrading asap?

7 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Trying to get PM and then convert to Prestige to get extra kick out of the welcome points.

I have a few doubts though, can I immediately apply for Prestige upgrade after getting PM?

Also what about the card fee, I assume I will only get 10,000 PM miles after I pay PM's fee, so once I upgrade I will have to pay full Prestige fee even though I will be upgrading asap?

AFAIK you can call Prestige line and can upgrade without any timeline. However you need to have PM with min 3 Lac limit. Going by recent experience, PM is being issued with limit in range of 1 lac. So you will need to send documents to their head office to limit increase. Getting limit increase is not easy with Citi. 

Regarding fee, it will be on pro-rata basis. Prestige fee will levied and PM fee will be reversed. 

• Like 1

On 6/1/2022 at 11:01 PM, KunjanPSD said:

For Infinia generally 8L limit and 7.5L spend in last 6 months. 

Still give it a try, send cc support and grievance cc a mail and tell them you want the Infinia Metal or else you are switching.

Hey, can you PM me the HDFC CC email id’s where I can send a grievance mail. My cc is up for renewal and would like to try my rotten luck for an infinia. 

Any news as to when AMEX is gonna accept new card users?

58 minutes ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Hey, can you PM me the HDFC CC email id’s where I can send a grievance mail. My cc is up for renewal and would like to try my rotten luck for an infinia. 

Any news as to when AMEX is gonna accept new card users?

Grievance.Redressalcc@hdfcbank.com

No idea about Amex.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, eddy4823 said:

I have a Business Regalia (not Regalia) which I dont think works for SmartBuy offers from HDFC. Are there any better options than Regalia in HDFC ?

DCB and Infinia.

DCB has lesser acceptance so a backup card is needed.

2 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

DCB and Infinia.

DCB has lesser acceptance so a backup card is needed.

Guys which is the best backup card ? I have a combo of DCB and Amex and multiple times I end up paying via Gpay because the merchant don't accept both. Should I go for the Amazon ICICI card ?

1 hour ago, SuperT said:

Guys which is the best backup card ? I have a combo of DCB and Amex and multiple times I end up paying via Gpay because the merchant don't accept both. Should I go for the Amazon ICICI card ?

Depends on your use case i.e. how do you use your Reward points.

Amz ICICI is a good option because it's LTF or maybe you can look at Standard Chartered Ultimate because it gives flat 3.3% reward rate and you can buy hotel vouchers. Ideally only smallers merchants should not be accepting DCB.

How often do you face this problem? Because if it's frequent then it makes sense to get a paid card otherwise Amz ICICI.

Edited by KunjanPSD

3 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Depends on your use case i.e. how do you use your Reward points.

Amz ICICI is a good option because it's LTF or maybe you can look at Standard Chartered Ultimate because it gives flat 3.3% reward rate and you can buy hotel vouchers. Ideally only smallers merchants should not be accepting DCB.

How often do you face this problem? Because if it's frequent then it makes sense to get a paid card otherwise Amz ICICI.

Don't face the issue very frequently. But my dentist where I end up spending 30-40k for the entire family almost every year, some merchants (specially chemists, some grocery stores, local restaurants, hospitals etc.) I want a LTF card as my spends are mostly directed towards DCB and Amex to avoid the renewal fee. I guess Amazon ICICI seems like a decent option. Does it make sense to use the Amazon ICICI card on Amazon or use DCB via smartbuy ?  

20 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Nope. Add-on cards don't contribute to the holder's credit score and hence not included in Cibil.

There are only a few startups which started offering this functionality.

Add-on card only helps you to put all the expenses on a particular card, nothing else. Generally for milestone based expenses.

Apply one for yourself if you need one.

21 hours ago, hannibal09 said:

They get added as Authorised user however in personal experience untill you get your own card or loan, cibil score doesn't show

I was curious because my wife applied for add-on card on my IDFC Wealth she had to go through complete vkyc process.