Credit Card - Help & Recommendations

El Tigre Chino

I happen to have multiple cards, let me sum them up for you.

Amex : Good reward catalogue, garbage acceptance offline.

Onecard : Looks extremely premium, reward catalogue is okayish but you can pay from points, its lifetime free

ICICI Amazon : Lifetime free, 3% for non prime & 5% for prime members

SBI FBB : Garbage, want to cancel it

Axis Flipkart Card : Hard to get, excellent cashback on Flipkart (5% no cap) and Myntra & 1.5% on all offline purchases

Zomatio Edition Card : Invite only (I guess?), 5% cashback on all food purchases &1 or 1.5% on rest spends (Great if you eat out a lot), combine this with zomato pro plus and you'll save a ton of cash

Hope this helps

On 6/21/2022 at 8:03 AM, LordSpymaster said:

I'm thinking of upgrading my ICICI Rubyx, and I guess Sapphiro is the next one. Since I use ICICI's cards for max stuff, might get it. My Rubyx's limit is anyways around 7L....

Got the Sapphiro as a LTF. Plan to close my Rubyx now.

16 minutes ago, abhi90 said:

How did you get Sapphiro as a LTF? Was it offered?

Nope. I went and asked. Initially they refused, but then said they have tie ups with some companies to offer this as a LTF. Mine was on that list. Plus my Rubyx was a LTF as well. 

17 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

Nope. I went and asked. Initially they refused, but then said they have tie ups with some companies to offer this as a LTF. Mine was on that list. Plus my Rubyx was a LTF as well. 

Oh! Did you ask on the tollfree?

Hotel bookings on Smartbuy are a good deal.

Booked a night and got 13% RR on Regalia. For DCB and Infinia, it would be around 33%.

Citi PM to Prestige trick would have landed around 7% RR.

Obviously, on other spends like Flights, Electronics, Citi will win out or if you go pass the daily bonus RP limit on Smartbuy but for this use case, nice deal.

I had gone and asked for an upgrade on my Diner's to DCB. The branch manager said I should get a call back from the CC person. HDFC also sent me an email saying I have some upgrade available, but that page never loads lol. 

Planning to press them for this if I can get it as LTF (My existing Diner's is LTF via the college alumni scheme). 

2 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

I had gone and asked for an upgrade on my Diner's to DCB. The branch manager said I should get a call back from the CC person. HDFC also sent me an email saying I have some upgrade available, but that page never loads lol. 

Planning to press them for this if I can get it as LTF (My existing Diner's is LTF via the college alumni scheme). 

You have Diner's Privilege?

Just send a mail to the grievance, for you, it should be pretty smooth.

The page should load in netbanking, either it would be card upgrade or credit enhancement but for LTF DCB, best is to send Grievance a mail asking for upgrade under Premier Institute Alumni program.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

You have Diner's Privilege?

Just send a mail to the grievance, for you, it should be pretty smooth.

The page should load in netbanking, either it would be card upgrade or credit enhancement but for LTF DCB, best is to send Grievance a mail asking for upgrade under Premier Institute Alumni program.

Yes Privilege. 

Sure, I'll check with them, but want to give the branch a chance 1st.

10 minutes ago, SuperT said:

If it’s around 8 lakhs then wait for a couple of months and then apply for an upgrade for infinia. 

It has been increased to 10L now.

Anything less than 9.5L and you will asked for an FD equalling to 120% of the shortfall or income proof to potentially increase limit.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Snake said:

I just got a credit limit upgrade a good amount. But still on regali:angry:

If it's your only card then stick to it.

You will hate DCB for acceptance issues.

Plus I took it because it's LTF via alumni program, for 10k+gst fees, wouldn't touch it and wait for Infinia only.