Credit Card - Help & Recommendations

El Tigre Chino

1 hour ago, Snake said:

I just got a credit limit upgrade a good amount. But still on regali:angry:

Bhai 8L hai toh jaldi se try krlo. Hit & miss chl rha hai. 

Edit:

Difficult though, few people got approved at 8L limit but they had 6L spends over last 6 months and another bank's card statement with CL of 9L.

Edited by KunjanPSD

20 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Bhai 8L hai toh jaldi se try krlo. Hit & miss chl rha hai. 

Edit:

Difficult though, few people got approved at 8L limit but they had 6L spends over last 6 months and another bank's card statement with CL of 9L.

Awkward No Way GIF

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

I barely have spends on my Diner's, not sure if they'll give me the upgrade. Limit is around 4L, and total spend YTD is around 1.5L

If your monthly net is >= 1.75L, you will get it straight away.

My CTC has a substantial part in guaranteed bonuses (no variable or ad-hoc, guaranteed). But they weren't convinced that it was fixed and wanted physical approval but HR is also wfh.

Only last week my limit on Regalia was auto upgraded to 6L and I applied to DCB again, this time they didn't even ask for slips because I fulfilled the CL criteria which for DCB is 5L (I think). If you don't fulfill this then you need to cross the monthly salary.

Similarly for Infinia, CL criteria is 10L which gets you Infinia straight away.

Else 8L can also work if you have 6-7.5L spends in last 6 months plus they might ask you for another bank's card statement with CL of atleast 9-10L.

If you don't have that, depending on your luck and associate you are dealing with, 2.85-3.5L net monthly salary is needed.

Edited by KunjanPSD
  • Thanks 1

Is it ok if you mention your A/c nos and card no in the HDFC grievance mail? Was thinking about writing a mail for an infinia upgrade for quite sometime now.

On 7/1/2022 at 7:55 PM, KunjanPSD said:

Amex is gonna start accepting new applications by July-end/Aug-start.

Is this actually happening? Didn't find any news about this.

51 minutes ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Is it ok if you mention your A/c nos and card no in the HDFC grievance mail? Was thinking about writing a mail for an infinia upgrade for quite sometime now.

Is this actually happening? Didn't find any news about this.

You don't need to write account number, just mention your Customer ID and anyway they can figure out via your registered email ID.

You don't need to mention your card number, HDFC hardly offers dual cards, so they will know which card you are talking about.

My friends at Amex told me this, there might be some delays.

• Thanks 1

So i currently own

Axis ace - for general purpose for 2% cashback

Hdfc IOCL - for fuel now LTF

Sbi BPCL - for fuel

Axis flipkart - for flipkart LTF

Icici Amazon pay - for amazon LTF 

Icici platinum - no use just kept because LTF

Any suggestion  or comment on this?

7 hours ago, Seriosia said:

So i currently own

Axis ace - for general purpose for 2% cashback

Hdfc IOCL - for fuel now LTF

Sbi BPCL - for fuel

Axis flipkart - for flipkart LTF

Icici Amazon pay - for amazon LTF 

Icici platinum - no use just kept because LTF

Any suggestion  or comment on this?

That HDFC IOCL can be replaced with better HDFC cards with better reward rates.

14 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Similarly for Infinia, CL criteria is 10L which gets you Infinia straight away.

Else 8L can also work if you have 6-7.5L spends in last 6 months plus they might ask you for another bank's card statement with CL of atleast 9-10L.

If you don't have that, depending on your luck and associate you are dealing with, 2.85-3.5L net monthly salary is needed.

No they don't give Infinia straight away for 10L credit limit.

Mine is 11L limit. Already they have approved me 12.5L limit which I haven't accepted yet. Yearly spend above 8L. Still they denied me Infinia. I am currently on Diners black since 3 years. Only thing I am short on is ITR limit by a few lacs. On the contrary they have given Infinia to much lower spends than mine.

HDFC has weird approval standards.

Edited by 202croc

What is this obsession with credit limit? Do you even hit that upper cap ever? I have Infinia & Icici/Amazon but I hardly ever spend more than 50K a month combined. Most of small ticket items are paid via UPI than hassling cards. 

18 minutes ago, 202croc said:

No they don't give Infinia straight away for 10L credit limit.

Mine is 11L limit. Already they have approved me 12.5L limit which I haven't accepted yet. Yearly spend above 8L. Still they denied me Infinia. I am currently on Diners black since 3 years. Only thing I am short on is ITR limit by a few lacs. On the contrary they have given Infinia to much lower spends than mine.

HDFC has weird approval standards.

Who denied you? RM/BM?

6 minutes ago, R1shabh said:

What is this obsession with credit limit? Do you even hit that upper cap ever? I have Infinia & Icici/Amazon but I hardly ever spend more than 50K a month combined. Most of small ticket items are paid via UPI than hassling cards. 

CL makes you eligible for the next better card.

Higher CL can possibly make your current card LTF.

Higher CL can possibly offer you retention benefits.

And lower your CL utilisation is, the better it is for your credit score.

36 minutes ago, R1shabh said:

Some of us here are mostly interested in maximising CC use for points and benefits. Plus it is recommended to keep usage around 30% of limit, so higher limits are preferred. 

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

Who denied you? RM/BM?

RM/BM don't bother.

I filled the upgrade form & sent via courier to Chennai office. I upgraded the same way to Diners from Regalia but now they denied Infinia.

I have never defaulted payment. Completed my superbike loan with HDFC twice lol still they denied me. While they are approving Infinia to 6L limit holders as well. Appropriately their criteria is "mood based" I suppose.

10 minutes ago, 202croc said:

RM/BM don't bother.

I filled the upgrade form & sent via courier to Chennai office. I upgraded the same way to Diners from Regalia but now they denied Infinia.

I have never defaulted payment. Completed my superbike loan with HDFC twice lol still they denied me. While they are approving Infinia to 6L limit holders as well. Appropriately their criteria is "mood based" I suppose.

Send a mail to grievance and then send a form online once they revert. Mention your current limit and last 6Ms spends.

17 hours ago, R1shabh said:

Limit helps in getting better cards. So even if you just spending 1-2 % of limit, a better limit is always preferred. 

On 7/19/2022 at 10:31 PM, KunjanPSD said:

Only last week my limit on Regalia was auto upgraded to 6L and I applied to DCB again, this time they didn't even ask for slips because I fulfilled the CL criteria which for DCB is 5L (I think). If you don't fulfill this then you need to cross the monthly salary

I checked my DCP limit, it's 6.5L. Have raised the grievance, and might go to the branch today as well. Lets see.