Credit Card - Help & Recommendations

El Tigre Chino

2 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

I checked my DCP limit, it's 6.5L. Have raised the grievance, and might go to the branch today as well. Lets see. 

Mil jana chaiye. Limit should be more than enough. They will ask you your graduation certificate, possibly some old/current college ID and a CC form to be filled.

Your salary will be above the threshold plus Alumni status and even then they have some criteria that they won't ask for income docs if it's been 3yrs since your graduation.

Make sure you mention the Premier Institute alumni.

Hey. My dad has an account with HDFC and a Regalia card. He mostly uses Axis Bank Vistara Signature card as he flies a lot and travel miles are better for us, so never upgraded Regalia.

I don't have a consistent paycheck in college, but have got a Regalia add-on card now. I wanted one for lounge access at airports etc.

The benefits are same as regular Regalia card? Any downside compared to individual Regalia card?

1 minute ago, North said:

Hey. My dad has an account with HDFC and a Regalia card. He mostly uses Axis Bank Vistara Signature card as he flies a lot and travel miles are better for us, so never upgraded Regalia.

I don't have a consistent paycheck in college, but have got a Regalia add-on card now. I wanted one for lounge access at airports etc.

The benefits are same as regular Regalia card? Any downside compared to individual Regalia card?

No downside. You will share the 12 complimentary lounge access with whoever has the card. 

1 hour ago, LordSpymaster said:

If I book flight tickets via HDFC SmartBuy, does it go through MMT? Can I apply a MMT card offer on top of that as well? 

You need to go and select MMT from Smartbuy and it will direct you to MMT for completing the transaction. You can use the coupon code there.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, SuperT said:

No downside. You will share the 12 complimentary lounge access with whoever has the card. 

Okay yeah that should be okay.

Dad has multiple cards, even with multiple flights a week he never runs out so should be alright. I only travel once every couple months. Thanks!

On 7/20/2022 at 1:26 PM, KunjanPSD said:

What's the reward rate on this fuel card?

4%+1% surcharge waiver. Hdfc 's one downside is they charge 99 as redemption charge but in this card u can redeem ur point for fuel point then convert to iocl point for FREE. And pay with your iocl xtrareward point from phonepe at any iocl outlet . actually all fuel cards are same basically.

• 2 weeks later...

Keep getting "Something went wrong" error when trying to initiate video kyc for Amazon pay icici card. Calling in working hours only and already cleared Cache on my phone. Anyone else faced the same problem - any solutions ? 

I have a HDFC card with 2.7L limit. I barely end up using 10-15% of it monthly. Lately the bank is bombarding me with offer to enhance credit limit to 7L. I dont really need the bump in CL.

Should I take it up? what do you suggest I do? 

45 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

I have a HDFC card with 2.7L limit. I barely end up using 10-15% of it monthly. Lately the bank is bombarding me with offer to enhance credit limit to 7L. I dont really need the bump in CL.

Should I take it up? what do you suggest I do? 

Take it up. If you don't need it then don't use it.

But at least it will open up avenues for you in future in terms of better cards and lower credit utilization overall.

I've been asking my banks if they can get me a good LTF card:

Indusind can give the Legend as LTF, but I asked for the Indulge. Unfortunately they don't give that as LTF. :fear1:

Similarly Axis can't give the Magnus as LTF :scarerun:

Also trying to get my Diner's Platinum uogarded to the Black or Infinia, let's see. 

1 hour ago, LordSpymaster said:

I've been asking my banks if they can get me a good LTF card:

Indusind can give the Legend as LTF, but I asked for the Indulge. Unfortunately they don't give that as LTF. :fear1:

Similarly Axis can't give the Magnus as LTF :scarerun:

Also trying to get my Diner's Platinum uogarded to the Black or Infinia, let's see. 

Those cards are hardly given out as LTF.

Diner's you will get, for Infinia they will ask for CL/spends criteria but that won't be LTF either most likely.

4 minutes ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Apparently Infinia is reserved for those who have 3.5 lacs monthly salary. This is from HDFC CC grievance support. If you can show the income proof, then the card is yours for the taking.

Nope.

If you have 10L CL on your current HDFC CC and 7.5L spend over last 6Ms (some leeway in some cases). You can get your current card upgraded to Infinia.

For new customers, 2.8-3.5L monthly NET salary is generally asked.

1 minute ago, KunjanPSD said:

Nope.

If you have 10L CL on your current HDFC CC and 7.5L spend over last 6Ms (some leeway in some cases). You can get your current card upgraded to Infinia.

For new customers, 2.8-3.5L monthly NET salary is generally asked.

The CC support sent me a mail mentioning the salary requirement along with an upgrade form where you have to provide income proof.

I have given up on upgrading my CC for now as I don't know how else to approach this situation. Might try for premium cards of Axis or Amex(whenever that is available) in near future.

6 minutes ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

The CC support sent me a mail mentioning the salary requirement along with an upgrade form where you have to provide income proof.

I have given up on upgrading my CC for now as I don't know how else to approach this situation. Might try for premium cards of Axis or Amex(whenever that is available) in near future.

You meet the conditions stated?

If yes then just go to your RM and make him/her do it.

Edited by KunjanPSD