Credit Card - Help & Recommendations

El Tigre Chino

16 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

You meet the conditions stated?

If yes then just go to your RM and make him/her do it.

Regarding the Sal, I dont. Regarding the one's you mentioned, I am above the CL but the spends are not as much. RM is of no use.

13 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

This thread is so amusing. People are losing sleep over a credit card like it’s some life saving drug. 

We're just a bunch of losers who have nothing better to do in their life. Dont worry man. :rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Regarding the Sal, I dont. Regarding the one's you mentioned, I am above the CL but the spends are not as much. RM is of no use.

:rolleyes:

You need those spends. Earlier they were giving just on the basis of CL for a little time but spends are necessary.

Depends on your relationship with the bank as well. Maybe plan future expenses and try to get closer.

21 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

But I’m not worrying. I’m laughing.

Let's say you take 10 flights and then you get 1 free.

Wouldn't you take it? Would you just let it go?

Then let's say if you are really creative, for every 7 flights you take, you get 1 free.

Isn't that a good enough return?

Obviously, the above will not hold in every case but I think it's worth it especially if one spends high enough and can afford to.

Edited by KunjanPSD

I'm getting the Diner's Black for 1st year free and then 10k per year, which is free on spends of 5L or more yearly. 

Thoughts?

Edit: Reaching 5L yearly means shifting most my spends from ICICI Sapphiro to the DCB. Since the Sapphiro is a 

TF card, might just work out. :fear1:

Edited by LordSpymaster

41 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

I'm getting the Diner's Black for 1st year free and then 10k per year, which is free on spends of 5L or more yearly. 

Thoughts?

Edit: Reaching 5L yearly means shifting most my spends from ICICI Sapphiro to the DCB. Since the Sapphiro is a 

If you can reach the 5 L spends then it’s totally worth it. Rack up decent spends for 10-12 months then request for an upgrade to infinia. 

Edited by SuperT

1 hour ago, LordSpymaster said:

Thoughts?

Loot rhe hai.

Your institute is eligible for LTF DCB upgrade.

Either you need to produce payslips for >1.75L/month net or you need 5-5.5L CL on your current card.

Grievance pe escalate kro seedha.

https://cardinsider.com/blog/hdfc-diners-club-black-alumni-offer-get-lifetime-free-upgrade/

Used the same offer to convert my Regalia to LTF DCB.

Also DCB's acceptance is okay-okay, it won't be accepted everywhere like your ICICI. So keep that in mind to reach those 5L spends. But Reward rate DCB >> RR ICICI.

To upgrade to Infinia, you will need 10L CL on this DCB and 7.5L spends in last 6 months.

Edited by KunjanPSD
  • Thanks 2

I'm looking to get Sbi card as I have appliance purchase planned for this year and most have sbi offers. How do I get SBI lifetime free card? 

Currently using HDFC, CITI and AMEX 

Edited by DinJo

3 hours ago, DinJo said:

I'm looking to get Sbi card as I have appliance purchase planned for this year and most have sbi offers. How do I get SBI lifetime free card? 

Currently using HDFC, CITI and AMEX 

Honestly, you are good with those three, HDFC mostly has the best offers at Vijay Sales. Vijay Sales has the best deals offline for appliances. SBI I think has the advantage that they almost always have some kind of offer on Amazon. So if you are planning on buying from places other than Amazon you are already sorted.

23 minutes ago, Root said:

I recently got SC Ultimate card, looks quite promising. They are offering 3.33% reward rate on all spends which is directly competing against DCB and Infinia. 

DCB and Infinia are much more than that.

The whole value proposition is via Smartbuy where you can get 10-16% RR.

SCU is a no-nonsense card though, no exclusions and good redemption rates but you don't really have any airline partners.