Credit Card - Help & Recommendations

El Tigre Chino

What's a good card for travel (train/flight/hotel) bookings? Preferably something that also doesn't incur fuel surcharge. 

On 8/15/2022 at 10:10 AM, KunjanPSD said:

Do you have significant points on it?

Not many. Only some 800 points left. I regularly used the points to pay for mobile recharges and Zomato purchases. Don't think the points would transfer over anyways.

9 hours ago, Banz said:

What's a good card for travel (train/flight/hotel) bookings? Preferably something that also doesn't incur fuel surcharge. 

Not many. Only some 800 points left. I regularly used the points to pay for mobile recharges and Zomato purchases. Don't think the points would transfer over anyways.

Get the HDFC Infina, HDFC Diners club black (no fuel surcharges for the HDFC cards) or AMEX Platinum Charge card.

The Infinia cards are capped at 15,000 bonus reward points per month; and you will get a maximum of 7,500 reward points on a day. They have deprecated the value of the card.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, dante77 said:

I have 6416 points in my HDFC Regalia. Is it too much or too little? Never used points? What is the best usage of these? 

Not much. You can through the catalogue but since Regalia points are worth 0.5 at best, maybe vouchers will be the best option.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Keep saving for the larger offers. I have about 30k+ on Amex

5 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Not much. You can through the catalogue but since Regalia points are worth 0.5 at best, maybe vouchers will be the best option.

I'll save up then. They don't expire, right? 

On 8/26/2022 at 12:46 AM, dante77 said:

I have 6416 points in my HDFC Regalia. Is it too much or too little? Never used points? What is the best usage of these? 

I redeem them against flight tickets where I get about 50% of the points value. So 6500 on will cut down about INR. 3250 worth of on a ticket. 

Previously used to get Amazon / e-comm shopping vouchers where you get 25-30% of the points value in cash. I think i burnt some 35-40k points for a INR. 10,000 voucher last year