Credit Card - Help & Recommendations

El Tigre Chino

On 10/3/2022 at 10:02 PM, dante77 said:

How do you guys use SBI rewards? Amazon/flipkart e gift? 

And I have SBI simply click card, I am not aware of any cashback. Where to see this? 

SBI cashback is a brand new credit card by SBI. You can put in a request to upgrade or provide a new card to you.

I also have SBI simply click and SBI is in process of upgrading it to cashback card.

Once I receive my cashback card, then I will disable the simplyclick card as I don't like keeping to many CCs. 

14 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

Guys need some help.

Some my credit limit is 61k

I want to get a product (on no cost emi) worth 81k

So can i prepay 20k make the limit 81k and make the emi payment.?

Generally you can prepay and use the extra limit but a single transaction can't be more than your original CL.

Though, it's a hit and miss scenario, differs for different banks. Plus RBI released over-use rules as well.

Afaik SBI and CITI doesn't support a single txn > CL. For other banks, you will have to try but assume that it won't work.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rushab oswal said:

Guys need some help.

Some my credit limit is 61k

I want to get a product (on no cost emi) worth 81k

So can i prepay 20k make the limit 81k and make the emi payment.?

Rather than prepay the card if you are buying the product from Flipkart or Amazon then the best way is to buy there gift voucher and redeem them in your account. So you can pay 20k from voucher balance and 61k from card. I did this in recent sale without any hiccup.

1 hour ago, harsh1387 said:

Rather than prepay the card if you are buying the product from Flipkart or Amazon then the best way is to buy there gift voucher and redeem them in your account. So you can pay 20k from voucher balance and 61k from card. I did this in recent sale without any hiccup.

Its an offline transaction 

1 hour ago, SuperT said:

Is the 5% cashback available even during sale period ? Also, did this card qualify for the SBI card discount during the dushera sale on Amazon ?

Don't think so. I saw posts on another forum where users had reported their SBI Cashback card not applicable for SBI exclusive discounts.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, rushab oswal said:

Its an offline transaction 

You can pay 20/21k to the store via cash/bank transfer and they can swipe your card for the remaining amount - 61k.

You can ask them to check if you will get no cost emi on 61k or not before completing the transaction.

But i wouldn't advise you fully utilise your credit limit on an emi transaction. It will negatively impact your credit rating for initial.few.months . 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Krazyniks said:

You can pay 20/21k to the store via cash/bank transfer and they can swipe your card for the remaining amount - 61k.

You can ask them to check if you will get no cost emi on 61k or not before completing the transaction.

But i wouldn't advise you fully utilise your credit limit on an emi transaction. It will negatively impact your credit rating for initial.few.months . 

Pay the due amount 2 days before your bill is generated, credit score won't be affected.

• Thanks 1

On 10/11/2022 at 6:30 PM, KunjanPSD said:

Generally you can prepay and use the extra limit but a single transaction can't be more than your original CL.

Though, it's a hit and miss scenario, differs for different banks. Plus RBI released over-use rules as well.

Afaik SBI and CITI doesn't support a single txn > CL. For other banks, you will have to try but assume that it won't work.

I have tried OL txn with both SBI & CITI, and both went through just fine. Its Axis for me which creates trouble and wont let it through.

Just now, SkinTightTuna said:

I have tried OL txn with both SBI & CITI, and both went through just fine. Its Axis for me which creates trouble and wont let it through.

Axis just added new OL policy so it might work now. 

Also OL in terms of a single txn > CL? That has never worked for me.