Credit Card - Help & Recommendations

El Tigre Chino

1 minute ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

It's because I have the now shitty RBL Zomato card. Super devalued. 

Not a fan of RBL - trying to get hands on IDFC Wealth CC. 1.5% markup. Tolerable. LTF. 

Are your foreign transactions exceeding 1000Usd in a year? Cause a difference of less than 15-20 usd (upto 1000 usd) doesnt seem worth applying for a new card, imo

33 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Are your foreign transactions exceeding 1000Usd in a year? Cause a difference of less than 15-20 usd (upto 1000 usd) doesnt seem worth applying for a new card, imo

Yeah, they can go beyond that. Easily 2000-4000 USD next month. 

Edit: For every 1000 USD, the typical card charges 35USD + 18% GST (~42.xx USD). Anyway, gave up and applied for Fi. Just hoping to get the card before my next travel. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

23 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Edit: For every 1000 USD, the typical card charges 35USD + 18% GST (~42.xx USD). Anyway, gave up and applied for Fi. Just hoping to get the card before my next travel. 

Yeah then it definitely makes sense for you  will end up saving close to 170 usd

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

A decent cc would have solved all of these problems.

Why did you choose Fi over Niyo?

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

A decent cc would have solved all of these problems.

Why did you choose Fi over Niyo?

Too much stories on card loading, payment etc with Niyo. Many complaints on not even getting the card after months. Let’s see how Fi fares. 
Which decent CC would solve this problem, bro ? I find spending 50k a year on a CC to be useless tbh. Won’t use most of its benefits. Just want a low markup card. Just too f**king difficult to get I guess. RBL and IDFC, both aren’t giving me the card I want. 

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Too much stories on card loading, payment etc with Niyo. Many complaints on not even getting the card after months. Let’s see how Fi fares. 
Which decent CC would solve this problem, bro ? I find spending 50k a year on a CC to be useless tbh. Won’t use most of its benefits. Just want a low markup card. Just too f**king difficult to get I guess. RBL and IDFC, both aren’t giving me the card I want. 

Not sure why you aren't getting a card from IDFC. Have you checked your CIBIL recently? 

A decent CC unfortunately doesn't come as LTF. 

And you don't necessarily need a 50k card, even then it's the kind of spends you can put on it to extract value. That means if you get this card then you make this your main card, that way you can get value out of it and take advantage of such scenarios where you FX txns.

9 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Not sure why you aren't getting a card from IDFC. Have you checked your CIBIL recently? 

A decent CC unfortunately doesn't come as LTF. 

And you don't necessarily need a 50k card, even then it's the kind of spends you can put on it to extract value. That means if you get this card then you make this your main card, that way you can get value out of it and take advantage of such scenarios where you FX txns.

Cibil is 800. IDFC is only offering one variant of the card which has 1.99% forex. 

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

So i got my sbi cashback card approved. i already had bpcl octane but i closed it instantly when this was approved. Now i get to know cashback card pe they gave only 10k limit WTFFFFFF!!! On bpcl it was 70k . How do i go about it now ? Should not have closed the older one beforehand :bash:

Closing and issuing a new CC affect credit score negatively too. There is no need to close instantly unless yearly charge is coming. 

11 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Closing and issuing a new CC affect credit score negatively too. There is no need to close instantly unless yearly charge is coming. 

It was coming in 4 months. But did not want to carry an extra unused card. guess lesson learned? 

3 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Don't have a solution but that was a massive troll by SBI. :rofl:

Needs 2 lakhs spends for waiver of yearly fee.

Gives 10,000 limit.

Masterstroke by sbi :hi2:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rushab oswal said:

Needs 2 lakhs spends for waiver of yearly fee.

Gives 10,000 limit.

Masterstroke by sbi 

10,000 cashback limit is per month. That’s 2L spend per month or 24L per year. Need 2L spend per year for fee waiver. All correct?

6 hours ago, rushab oswal said:

So i got my sbi cashback card approved. i already had bpcl octane but i closed it instantly when this was approved. Now i get to know cashback card pe they gave only 10k limit WTFFFFFF!!! On bpcl it was 70k . How do i go about it now ? Should not have closed the older one beforehand :bash:

I did mention this on the shopping thread that insulting CLs are being given.

You shouldn't have closed the old card especially if it was LTF and an old one.

20 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Use 10k, prepay, use again.

That's really stupid tbh. What if he wants to use it for a swipe of 15k ? The whole point of CC is convenience. 

Honestly, unless it's a big purchase, I just keep on using UPI everywhere. Such an awesome time saver. No need of card, no need to remember CVV etc. 

9 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

That's really stupid tbh. What if he wants to use it for a swipe of 15k ? The whole point of CC is convenience. 

Honestly, unless it's a big purchase, I just keep on using UPI everywhere. Such an awesome time saver. No need of card, no need to remember CVV etc. 

He can swipe it for as much as he wants as long as is it below the CC limit.

You get 5% cashback upto 10,000 rupees per month on the card. So you have to spend 2,00,000 per month to get 10,000 rupees as a cash back in your account. If you spend less, you get less. There is no restriction/bottleneck on what you buy and from where you buy as long as it is an online shopping.

Although I haven't hit 2,00,000 per month with the card but as per the customer care you will start getting 1% cashback for that particular month on all the transactions once you have hit the 10,000 quota.

10 minutes ago, kaka_messi said:

He can swipe it for as much as he wants as long as is it below the CC limit.

You get 5% cashback upto 10,000 rupees per month on the card. So you have to spend 2,00,000 per month to get 10,000 rupees as a cash back in your account. If you spend less, you get less. There is no restriction/bottleneck on what you buy and from where you buy as long as it is an online shopping.

Although I haven't hit 2,00,000 per month with the card but as per the customer care you will start getting 1% cashback for that particular month on all the transactions once you have hit the 10,000 quota.

His spending limit is 10k a month. :huh:

Edited by Bird Bird Bird