Credit Card - Help & Recommendations

El Tigre Chino

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

That's really stupid tbh. What if he wants to use it for a swipe of 15k ? The whole point of CC is convenience. 

Honestly, unless it's a big purchase, I just keep on using UPI everywhere. Such an awesome time saver. No need of card, no need to remember CVV etc. 

Not really. It was quite known that SBI is doing this. It's supposed to be a secondary or even tertiary card, that's why the RR is 5% but cost is minimal.

If one wants a primary card then there are plenty of others.

Convenience of UPI vs RR of CC, that's a tradeoff one has to make and comes down to an individual.

1 hour ago, kaka_messi said:

He can swipe it for as much as he wants as long as is it below the CC limit.

You get 5% cashback upto 10,000 rupees per month on the card. So you have to spend 2,00,000 per month to get 10,000 rupees as a cash back in your account. If you spend less, you get less. There is no restriction/bottleneck on what you buy and from where you buy as long as it is an online shopping.

Although I haven't hit 2,00,000 per month with the card but as per the customer care you will start getting 1% cashback for that particular month on all the transactions once you have hit the 10,000 quota.

Plenty of people have got 10k as CL.

Many people have gotten 1L as well. It's purely random afaik.

On 11/11/2022 at 10:44 PM, 0verlord said:

10,000 cashback limit is per month. That’s 2L spend per month or 24L per year. Need 2L spend per year for fee waiver. All correct?

They give me that credit limit.

On 11/11/2022 at 11:59 PM, KunjanPSD said:

I did mention this on the shopping thread that insulting CLs are being given.

You shouldn't have closed the old card especially if it was LTF and an old one.

On 11/12/2022 at 8:56 AM, Bird Bird Bird said:

That's really stupid tbh. What if he wants to use it for a swipe of 15k ? The whole point of CC is convenience. 

Honestly, unless it's a big purchase, I just keep on using UPI everywhere. Such an awesome time saver. No need of card, no need to remember CVV etc. 

So anyway i called them uo, first customer care guy said wait for 6 months, second one just transferred my old limit to new one!

On 11/12/2022 at 6:52 AM, playstationdude said:

At 10000 monthly limit, you have a maximum spending capacity of only 120000. So even if he is maxing out the cc every month there is no way to reach 2L :doh:

Thats what my issue was. They should have straight up declined it rather than give this .

got is solved so all good!

On 11/12/2022 at 8:56 AM, Bird Bird Bird said:

UPI too for me for small purchases, but cant miss on CC reward points. I get around 1000 back easily beca Of amazon pay cc( thanks to paying society utility bills) . If i somehow manage to scam sbi CC for 5% amazon GV its a win win.

4 hours ago, rushab oswal said:

They give me that credit limit.

So anyway i called them uo, first customer care guy said wait for 6 months, second one just transferred my old limit to new one!

Thats what my issue was. They should have straight up declined it rather than give this .

got is solved so all good!

UPI too for me for small purchases, but cant miss on CC reward points. I get around 1000 back easily beca Of amazon pay cc( thanks to paying society utility bills) . If i somehow manage to scam sbi CC for 5% amazon GV its a win win.

A person I know did a trip worth 6.5L recently, entirely on points. Obviously, it takes years of spending (careful spending) to accrue enough points but goes to show what you can achieve out of it.

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

A person I know did a trip worth 6.5L recently, entirely on points. Obviously, it takes years of spending (careful spending) to accrue enough points but goes to show what you can achieve out of it.

Easily need 1cr of spends , but again its free so why not? Unless you spend on something you dont need and buy just things you would have bought anyways, CC's are the best thing. Dont forget a month of free intrest on the money sitting in your bank

53 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

Easily need 1cr of spends , but again its free so why not? Unless you spend on something you dont need and buy just things you would have bought anyways, CC's are the best thing. Dont forget a month of free intrest on the money sitting in your bank

For me, Savings bank interest << Pay CC bill on Day 1.

Also, not 1cr needed. Some can do it under 30L as well. Depends.

But that's what I said, takes time to accrue and then pays off at once.

20 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

Amex is giving me an upgrade to the Plat Travel CC, but my current MRCC is free since I am able to get 1.5L spends on it yearly. Not in a mood to pay 5K per year for a cc anyways.

Anything beyond lounges on the Plat Travel that would make the fee worth it?

Depends which other cards do you have ? If you travel a lot then it makes sense as they have decent milestone benefits. They also have the rewards multiplier program like HDFC but if you have any premium card of HDFC like Infinia etc then this card wont make sense. 

2 hours ago, SuperT said:

Depends which other cards do you have ? If you travel a lot then it makes sense as they have decent milestone benefits. They also have the rewards multiplier program like HDFC but if you have any premium card of HDFC like Infinia etc then this card wont make sense. 

Yeah, I have a DCB and ICICI Sapphiro, hence wasn't sure of the upgrade myself. 

2 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

Yeah, I have a DCB and ICICI Sapphiro, hence wasn't sure of the upgrade myself. 

Yeah I think you are good. Unless, you love to stay at Taj Properties and travel a lot it doesnt make sense. Amex PT card has some great offers with Taj and also has some neat redemption options for Taj. I think DCB is a much better card.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, rushab oswal said:

Anyway to get cashback on paying CC bills other than cred(Useless now)?? 

Can bills be paid using visa prepaid cards on any app (Paytm and mobiwik charges 2.5%)

Don't go via Visa PP cards or any apps, it's not worth it. 2.5% charges + GST is too much for the effort and any follow up in case of failure.

Only decent option is if you have an HDFC Plat/Imperia DC then you can use HDFC Billpay to get 1% cashback of upto 750/month. That's what I use every month.

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

Don't go via Visa PP cards or any apps, it's not worth it. 2.5% charges + GST is too much for the effort and any follow up in case of failure.

Only decent option is if you have an HDFC Plat/Imperia DC then you can use HDFC Billpay to get 1% cashback of upto 750/month. That's what I use every month.

Does millennia work?

also i dont get the option to pay via debit card? Where do you get it?

Just now, rushab oswal said:

Does millennia work?

also i dont get the option to pay via debit card? Where do you get it?

Millenia does work but it's cap is lower. You will have to check.

Login into netbanking, go to Billpay, add your card and wait for activation, post which you can pay bills.

Also billpays takes 2-3 days to pay bills and you can't pay for HDFC cards.