Credit Card - Help & Recommendations

El Tigre Chino

37 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Budget 2023:

All foreign remittances, including buying US stocks and spends on cards like Niyo will attract straight 20% TDS, no threshold spend. Earlier this was 5% post 7L.

Any article with details on this?

I bought a laptop from Amazon using the amazon ICICI card and received cashback of around 4.5K. But I had to cancel it because the seller didn't ship it for 6 days and i got one locally. The laptop amount got credited back to the card however the cashback amount is still in my wallet. When will they take it back? I am assuming during next statement date?

3 minutes ago, b!T said:

I bought a laptop from Amazon using the amazon ICICI card and received cashback of around 4.5K. But I had to cancel it because the seller didn't ship it for 6 days and i got one locally. The laptop amount got credited back to the card however the cashback amount is still in my wallet. When will they take it back? I am assuming during next statement date?

Yup, will be clawed back.

• Thanks 1

Rent payment excluded from milestone benefit on Magnus card. Was bound to happen but disappointing none the less. I hope they don't target insurance spends next. This card is only good if monthly spends are 1 lakhs plus else Infinia is much better. 

Edited by SuperT

2 hours ago, SuperT said:

Rent payment excluded from milestone benefit on Magnus card. Was bound to happen but disappointing none the less. I hope they don't target insurance spends next. This card is only good if monthly spends are 1 lakhs plus else Infinia is much better. 

This was inevitable.

3 hours ago, SuperT said:

Actually, no.

Base reward is better than Infinia.

Only in case of some accelerated txns, Infinia will win. Even then, Infinia has daily/monthly bonus points limits.

35 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Actually, no.

Base reward is better than Infinia.

Only in case of some accelerated txns, Infinia will win. Even then, Infinia has daily/monthly bonus points limits.

Below 1 lakh how ? Infinia each reward point is 1 rs against travel (70% of the travel amount can be used for points) Yes miles is a give or take sometimes you’ll get good value when converting to miles from Magnus but it depends

Edited by SuperT

17 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Below 1 lakh how ? Infinia each reward point is 1 rs against travel (70% of the travel amount can be used for points) Yes miles is a give or take sometimes you’ll get good value when converting to miles from Magnus but it depends

I am talking in terms of airmiles/hotel points only.

You can't compare a high point of one card with a low point of another card. That's unfair.

And it's not that hard to get 0.8-1 Rs/mile. So even if you get 0.8 on Magnus vs 1 on Infinia (direct booking), the higher RR of Magnus (4.8%) wins over Infinia (3.3%).

24 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I am talking in terms of airmiles/hotel points only.

You can't compare a high point of one card with a low point of another card. That's unfair.

And it's not that hard to get 0.8-1 Rs/mile. So even if you get 0.8 on Magnus vs 1 on Infinia (direct booking), the higher RR of Magnus (4.8%) wins over Infinia (3.3%).

It’s very difficult to get 1 rs/mile nearly impossible checkout the Magnus groups on FB or Reddit. Even 0.8 is very difficult mostly it’s possible when booking business class for a few international segments. Also, axis has one of the worst back end and customer care team. Takes almost 3 months to transfer points. Heck, if you want an add on card you need to visit the branch that is just crazy. If spends are more than 1l/month often then Magnus is a no brainer. 

Edited by SuperT

6 minutes ago, SuperT said:

It’s very difficult to get 1 rs/mile nearly impossible checkout the Magnus groups on FB or Reddit. Even 0.8 is very difficult mostly it’s possible when booking business class for a few international segments. Also, axis has one of the worst back end and customer care team. Takes almost 3 months to transfer points. Heck, if you want an add on card you need to visit the branch that is just crazy. 

Bro, I know 25+ people who got 0.8 on economy. 1/1+ is generally pretty doable on biz. If you never want to travel on biz, that's another story.

I have seen people getting 2rs out of 1 MR point.

Axis has bad tech, agreed. But in the last 2-3 months, except for a few instances, mostly points were transferred in a week or less.

What you are describing is a good vs less good bank, not a card. 

You are forgetting features like Airport Meet & Greet. Highly valuable, especially on International trips.

14 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Bro, I know 25+ people who got 0.8 on economy. 1/1+ is generally pretty doable on biz. If you never want to travel on biz, that's another story.

I have seen people getting 2rs out of 1 MR point.

Axis has bad tech, agreed. But in the last 2-3 months, except for a few instances, mostly points were transferred in a week or less.

What you are describing is a good vs less good bank, not a card. 

You are forgetting features like Airport Meet & Greet. Highly valuable, especially on International trips.

Agreed. The meet and greet is definitely a brilliant feature and among the only card to offer it. I think it’s a brilliant card but I don’t think it’s as good when the spends are not too high, if even for 3-4 months the spends are over 1L then it’s definitely a brilliant card. 

When it comes to customer care, I guess I am spoiled by HDFC infinia and Amex customer care. I am hating the axis Magnus customer care/back end experience. It’s atrocious to say the least. The air miles have been a hit or miss for me specially for domestic travel. Also, infinia is very easy to acquire as a ltf not the case with Magnus and the spend criteria of 15L is too high. 

Brilliant cards both of them at the end of the day but infinia has been much better value for me. Let’s agree to disagree. Would love some tips from you someday on how to get great value out of air miles.  Cheers :drunk:

Edited by SuperT
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

@Bird Bird Bird

Fi is no longer a 0% forex charge card.

Introduced account tiers and added maintenance fees below a threshold.

It's the end of this industry with TCS rule already coming in.

Edit: Got it..

Edit 2: Guess will wait to see what are the catches with Infinite account. Can't do salary account with them. If it's just maintaining a MAB, I think that should be doable as long as zero forex. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

14 hours ago, SuperT said:

It’s very difficult to get 1 rs/mile nearly impossible checkout the Magnus groups on FB or Reddit. Even 0.8 is very difficult mostly it’s possible when booking business class for a few international segments. Also, axis has one of the worst back end and customer care team. Takes almost 3 months to transfer points. Heck, if you want an add on card you need to visit the branch that is just crazy. If spends are more than 1l/month often then Magnus is a no brainer. 

The transfer time on Axis varies with partners. For united, it gets transferred instantly while for Turkish it takes a couple of hours.

8 minutes ago, TheMonark said:

The transfer time on Axis varies with partners. For united, it gets transferred instantly while for Turkish it takes a couple of hours.

I meant the points which the bank adds to the card account. Specially the monthly 25k bonus points which one earns on spends of more than 1L in a month, those take easily 2-3 months.