Credit Card - Help & Recommendations

El Tigre Chino

Just got add-on CCs for my wife:

• HDFC Diner's Black: She already had a HDFC account, so no KYC. Applied via the app, got it in 3-4 days. Same number, CVV as mine, only the name is different. Also says on the welcome letter that the unlimited global lounge access is on both regular and add-on cards, yet to test it out.
  • Amex MRCC: My favourite card lol. Full KYC was done, and got the approval today. Will see how it comes out, post delivery.

1 hour ago, Snake said:

So I have a regalia atm, got the option to upgrade to DCB, dunno if its LTF or not. Is it worth it?

14 minutes ago, blitzkreiig said:

Guys how do I find out if my Regalia is ltf or not.

Contact customer care on call or mail and they will let you know, the email ID - Grievance.Redressalcc@hdfcbank.com

@SnakeDCB is definitely better than Regalia go for it but the acceptability isn’t great. But you can use DCB for 6 months or so and request for an upgrade to Infinia if your limit is 10L or more. 

1 hour ago, SuperT said:

@SnakeDCB is definitely better than Regalia go for it but the acceptability isn’t great. But you can use DCB for 6 months or so and request for an upgrade to Infinia if your limit is 10L or more. 

Upgrade only available if spends > 6-7.5L in last 6 months. And for some, limit is needed is 12L.

3 hours ago, Snake said:

So I have a regalia atm, got the option to upgrade to DCB, dunno if its LTF or not. Is it worth it?

You should contact your RM.

Generally LTF status is not carried over after the upgrade but RM can help.

It's definitely better than Regalia any day but not 10k/year better. Better cards available for that price point.

Acceptability is an issue.

So in today's statement RBI has abolished "Penal Interest".

i.e. Any bank and NBFCs can't increase loan interest rates in case of a default or non compliance of terms.

This was done by charging a penalty and then adding that penalty in principal amount and then charging interest on that penalty as well.

That means penalty won't attract interest and only fixed penal charge.

This might affect credit cards. Good for us but will hurt bottomline of these issuing banks. Might lead to reduction in rewards or some trickery by banks/nbfcs.

Edited by KunjanPSD

Axis has to be the worst when it comes to customer care and back end ops. Applied a CC for Dad on their website person came and collected the documents the next day. Dad got a message after 3 days that the credit card is approved and will be dispatched in 3-5 working days. Surprisingly on their website when we were tracking it showed dispatched since many days. It has now been almost 12 working days since the approval message and now on their online application tracking page it shows that the application doesn't exist. Customer Care has no clue and is saying to wait for another 3 working days. :wallbash:

2 hours ago, SuperT said:

Axis has to be the worst when it comes to customer care and back end ops. Applied a CC for Dad on their website person came and collected the documents the next day. Dad got a message after 3 days that the credit card is approved and will be dispatched in 3-5 working days. Surprisingly on their website when we were tracking it showed dispatched since many days. It has now been almost 12 working days since the approval message and now on their online application tracking page it shows that the application doesn't exist. Customer Care has no clue and is saying to wait for another 3 working days. :wallbash:

Bhai they are so sh*t they got my phone number wrong after doing an ekyc + physical KYC verification. I kept getting messages till KYC was approved. And then one day receive the card with wrong last digit. 

With a new card, and a wrongly mapped phone number, you're kinda f**ked. Can't even connect with CC. Had to go to a branch, fill up a form + do KYC again and got updated in 3-4 days. Just so f**king useless. 

5 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Bhai they are so sh*t they got my phone number wrong after doing an ekyc + physical KYC verification. I kept getting messages till KYC was approved. And then one day receive the card with wrong last digit. 

With a new card, and a wrongly mapped phone number, you're kinda f**ked. Can't even connect with CC. Had to go to a branch, fill up a form + do KYC again and got updated in 3-4 days. Just so f**king useless. 

Damn! That is crazy. How are they not getting the basics right ? It's like the back end is run by mindless teenagers high on weed. 

1 hour ago, SuperT said:

Damn! That is crazy. How are they not getting the basics right ? It's like the back end is run by mindless teenagers high on weed. 

SBI seems to be the same. Applied for a cashback card. Been two weeks. No updates. 

Meanwhile I complained to AMEX about yearly fee - they asked me to pay in full and gave a Taj voucher worth 1.5x the fee. :P

• Haha 1

On 2/2/2023 at 11:23 PM, SuperT said:

This was pre covid at that time all my spends were on regalia so it was pretty high. I don’t think they do LTF for FD anymore because my friend tried but was denied. Is your DCB LTF ? If yes and the limit is 10 L or more then just drop them an email they might consider. Dad has DCB I dropped an email for him but they keep mentioning that limit needs to be 10L even though he has pretty decent spends. I had taken his add on to try and rake up spends on his dcb but that didn’t help they want the limit. 

Do you have the email of the team and can you let me know? These companies are excellent at playing finding waldo with their email's

Guys, does Niyo card works as advertised with zero forex? Some trips are coming up and normally when I travel, I use the company card and never care about forex. But this time its a personal trip and expect to spend a lot and don't want to carry dollars with me.

6 hours ago, b!T said:

Guys, does Niyo card works as advertised with zero forex? Some trips are coming up and normally when I travel, I use the company card and never care about forex. But this time its a personal trip and expect to spend a lot and don't want to carry dollars with me.

They are launching some changes and it will no longer be forex charge card unless you have a salary/infinity account with them. Have a loot at their new tiers.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Received an upgrade to HDFC Diners Club Black FY Free from Regalia LTF couple of days back.

Few surprises i was not ready for: 

- NFC Payment with DCB is not supported at all
- Google doesn't accept DCB cards 

Went through much hassle as a new card was added to my account for a week or so and then it magically disappears; then even though i kept getting calls asking if i am interested in upgrade, they can't take my request for upgrade since 'i already upgraded'. Branch visits didn't help either. Finally, emailing the grievance portal solved the issue. They quickly sent me a brand new card.

On 2/1/2023 at 3:57 PM, b!T said:

I bought a laptop from Amazon using the amazon ICICI card and received cashback of around 4.5K. But I had to cancel it because the seller didn't ship it for 6 days and i got one locally. The laptop amount got credited back to the card however the cashback amount is still in my wallet. When will they take it back? I am assuming during next statement date?

On 2/1/2023 at 4:01 PM, KunjanPSD said:

Yup, will be clawed back.

@KunjanPSD , when do you think it will be taken back? is there a fixed period? my second statement date was yesterday and they didn't take it back.