Credit Card - Help & Recommendations

El Tigre Chino

Guys can I add Marriott voucher (of 1.5k~called Marriott experience certificate) to Marriott points that I add via Amex? Or these 2 things will be different? My friend got it via his regalia gold but he doesn't want to use it and have forwarded it to me.

This is what his e-mail says on how to redeem-

-User opens the Club Marriott South Asia App.

-Taps on the ‘Membership’ tab in the navigation.

-Enters the Voucher Code in the tab named ‘Enter Code to Receive Benefit’.

-Post successful Voucher Code validation, Marriott Experience Certificates can be viewed in the tab named ‘Experience Certificates’ on the same membership page.

-The user will see certificates with face value of INR 1500

• 2 weeks later...

What is the key difference between Amex MRCC and Platinum Travel? Looking to apply for platinum travel.

Anyone with referral link? Should I apply directly for the additional bonus points 

14 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

What is the key difference between Amex MRCC and Platinum Travel? Looking to apply for platinum travel.

Anyone with referral link? Should I apply directly for the additional bonus points 

Check DM.

• Thanks 1

So Amex has F'd Amazon Pay @KunjanPSD

Maybe it's an old news but mujhe abhi pata chala. Any workaround for this now? It does not even let us buy vouchers for more than 10k per month.

A customer (a combination of mobile number and card number) can buy a maximum of INR 10,000 worth of Amazon Pay Gift Cards in a calendar month.

Edited by kaka_messi

14 minutes ago, kaka_messi said:

So Amex has F'd Amazon Pay @KunjanPSD

Maybe it's an old news but mujhe abhi pata chala. Any workaround for this now? It does not even let us buy vouchers for more than 10k per month.

Yeah, they reduced the limit to 10k from 25k and it is on the basis of mobile number.

You can use another number though, although I am not sure when Amex wakes up and checks this.

• Thanks 1

On 4/5/2024 at 9:13 PM, KunjanPSD said:

Check DM.

Got the card. Is Gyftr site broken? (or is generally broken)

Wanted to get the Apay 10K done as the first transaction, didn't let me proceed to pay after adding card details. 

And after that , it kept saying 10K limit is hit for the month. Help desk just says, wait 24hrs and try again. 

-- Any other saving hacks for using Amex online/offline to maximize rewards?

17 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Got the card. Is Gyftr site broken? (or is generally broken)

Wanted to get the Apay 10K done as the first transaction, didn't let me proceed to pay after adding card details. 

And after that , it kept saying 10K limit is hit for the month. Help desk just says, wait 24hrs and try again. 

-- Any other saving hacks for using Amex online/offline to maximize rewards?

Amex Gyftr works on/off, try again in 24hrs and it should work.

Try ordering two vouchers of 5k in 2 txns, next time.

Not many hacks, CC companies have scaled a lot. Only thing is to maximize your spending on Amex Gyftr for just about everything in your life.

On 4/11/2024 at 5:29 PM, KunjanPSD said:

Amex Gyftr works on/off, try again in 24hrs and it should work.

Try ordering two vouchers of 5k in 2 txns, next time.

Not many hacks, CC companies have scaled a lot. Only thing is to maximize your spending on Amex Gyftr for just about everything in your life.

Man, gyftr is such a sh*t show. 4 days and I keep getting error "something went wrong" after entering my mobile number and OTP to proceed to the payment page.  I waited even 48 hours before retry and same error. tried new account as well, same error. Their chat help desk is a sh*t show as well, nothing other than " i see a pending order, pls retry after 24hours".  No phone support as well to talk to an agent.

Anyways, it is not CC thread related but just leaving it out here if anyone counting on amazon gift card purchase via that site for Amex.

1 hour ago, Pacifier said:

Man, gyftr is such a sh*t show. 4 days and I keep getting error "something went wrong" after entering my mobile number and OTP to proceed to the payment page.  I waited even 48 hours before retry and same error. tried new account as well, same error. Their chat help desk is a sh*t show as well, nothing other than " i see a pending order, pls retry after 24hours".  No phone support as well to talk to an agent.

Anyways, it is not CC thread related but just leaving it out here if anyone counting on amazon gift card purchase via that site for Amex.

I just bought 10k Apay voucher from Amex Gyftr.

Add -> View Order -> Pay -> OTP -> Pay -> Payment

4 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I just bought 10k Apay voucher from Amex Gyftr.

Add -> View Order -> Pay -> OTP -> Pay -> Payment

It worked now!! finally.  It wouldn't let me proceed to pay before. 

Also can we just get more than 10K vouchers using different mobile numbers for OTP? I have a insurance payment coming up , so looking to exploit the loop hole

Edited by Pacifier

3 hours ago, Pacifier said:

It worked now!! finally.  It wouldn't let me proceed to pay before. 

Also can we just get more than 10K vouchers using different mobile numbers for OTP? I have a insurance payment coming up , so looking to exploit the loop hole

You can but Amex will catch up sooner or later. So tread very carefully, they do block for life.

13 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

You can but Amex will catch up sooner or later. So tread very carefully, they do block for life.

Got it. Yes, will be lower amount (30K) on accepted payers.

ALso confused, as to how they may block a card for a technical loophole.   May be understandable if someone buys each and every month, lakhs of rupees using this loop hole to distribute cards etc. But for using self, using same gyftr account shouldn't be problem i hope for 20-30K periodically.

45 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Got it. Yes, will be lower amount (30K) on accepted payers.

ALso confused, as to how they may block a card for a technical loophole.   May be understandable if someone buys each and every month, lakhs of rupees using this loop hole to distribute cards etc. But for using self, using same gyftr account shouldn't be problem i hope for 20-30K periodically.

T&C states that 10k can be bought per mobile number per month.

It is stated that the user should use the phone number associated with their Amex account.

In order to buy >10k, you will use a different phone number which is not linked to your account.

You are technically using a different Gyftr account when you use a different phone number.

Technical loophole exists but that they doesn't mean one has the right to exploit it. T&C clearly dictate the boundaries.

Edited by KunjanPSD
  • Thanks 1