Credit Card - Help & Recommendations

El Tigre Chino

Meanwhile my Amazon ICICI CC application is still stuck. Amazon says it's ICICI's problem while ICICI says the application is valid but glitch is from the Amazon's side.
Idiots.

lol, I applied for the card as well, the ICICI rep calling me said you dont need your ITR docs and sal slip. Guy shows up to collect docs says sssiiirrrrr, ITR aur sal slips nahi hai...nahi accept kar sakte.
These guys were begging to give everyone Amazon ICICI card. The only reason I took it at that time is because they were giving 750 Amazon bucks lol. Though, I use it a lot now. Pretty good card if you ask me.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Snake said:

lol, I applied for the card as well, the ICICI rep calling me said you dont need your ITR docs and sal slip. Guy shows up to collect docs says sssiiirrrrr, ITR aur sal slips nahi hai...nahi accept kar sakte.

I have stopped following up on it. Lena hi nhi ab.

Will just use my HDFC Diners Black (whenever I get it) and probably just apply for Amex as well. Those two generally cover all the offers available.

Or should I look for any other card?

Although not sure when international travel will begin again but I do intend to travel extensively, so any card with miles, hotel points and regular discount/cashback will work.

1 hour ago, Snake said:

same thing happened with me... did you get the card eventually ? 

21 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

same thing happened with me... did you get the card eventually ? 

I dont him to sod off lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kunjanp said:

I have stopped following up on it. Lena hi nhi ab.

Will just use my HDFC Diners Black (whenever I get it) and probably just apply for Amex as well. Those two generally cover all the offers available.

Or should I look for any other card?

Although not sure when international travel will begin again but I do intend to travel extensively, so any card with miles, hotel points and regular discount/cashback will work.

Hdfc DCB is a good option. Dont get amex for offers. There are not a lot. Contrary to popular opinion had decent experience with Axis. However, their tech stack for onboarding sucks. 

Edited by Bluebolt05

2 hours ago, kold_war said:

Hi

Does taking a limit enhancement when offered by the CC company affect your CIBIL score? Question is should I take it when they offer it?

It doesn't. And yeah, take it. Your overall credit hunger might increase in short term, but your credit utilisation will go down, which is good. 

2 hours ago, kold_war said:

Hi

Does taking a limit enhancement when offered by the CC company affect your CIBIL score? Question is should I take it when they offer it?

Yup take it, your CUR will go down which is a good thing

51 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

It doesn't. And yeah, take it. Your overall credit hunger might increase in short term, but your credit utilisation will go down, which is good. 

30 minutes ago, Snake said:

Yup take it, your CUR will go down which is a good thing

Noted.

Thanks guys :cheers:

Guys, I have an option to switch to visa regalia for CC ( currently have millennia) and for DC I have the option between millennia and platinum.

Regalia annual fee shows 0.00 and millennia shows 500.

are they any good to switch to?

2 hours ago, adity said:

Regalia is pretty good. 

I do a lot of shopping on Amazon, steam, PSN etc... so will it be good or should I stick to millennia?

On 3/9/2021 at 8:02 PM, adity said:

Regalia is pretty good. 

I have the Regalia but I can't really figure out the benefits of it except for the lounge access. Is there something I'm missing with this card.

I'm thinking of getting one of these - https://cards.intermiles.com/card-details/InterMiles-HDFC-Bank-Diners-Club-Credit-Card

The travel point benefits seem damn good. How does this compare to the regular HDFC Diners Black card? Any idea

8 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

I have the Regalia but I can't really figure out the benefits of it except for the lounge access. Is there something I'm missing with this card.

I'm thinking of getting one of these - https://cards.intermiles.com/card-details/InterMiles-HDFC-Bank-Diners-Club-Credit-Card

The travel point benefits seem damn good. How does this compare to the regular HDFC Diners Black card? Any idea

high fees and low reward points. Not sure if intermiles can be redeemed anywhere. Stick to diners black if you can get it. Axis ace is also a good opportunity which provides 2% flat almost everywhere in hard cash. 

12 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

You can convert HDFC CC points to Intermiles and for Diners Black it's 100 miles for 100 points. 

I am not sure but I think Intermiles Diners CC just straight away provides miles and not points at 8 miles per 150 spent, while the regular DB provides 5 points per 150 spent, so basically 5 miles. But then you have the option to use those points on other things as well (I think Amazon vouchers are available and you spend points on Smartbuy)

But the 1st month, 1st quarter and renewing benefits of Intermiles CC are just too good. 

Intermiles CC is the go to one if you intend to travel a lot otherwise take the normal one.

Edit: Fees is high though, so you need to decide if it makes sense based upon how much you spend.

Edited by kunjanp

3 minutes ago, Bluebolt05 said:

high fees and low reward points. Not sure if intermiles can be redeemed anywhere. Stick to diners black if you can get it. Axis ace is also a good opportunity which provides 2% flat almost everywhere in hard cash. 

Intermiles points can be redeemed on Intermiles website (used to be Jet Privilege) on flights and hotels.

1 minute ago, kunjanp said:

Intermiles points can be redeemed on Intermiles website (used to be Jet Privilege) on flights and hotels.

I don't fully recall but when Jet closed down a few friends had significant miles whose value eroded pretty fast. IIRC they were valued somewhere around ~.25 per mile with significant restrictions which is like ~1.33% pure play return. Where as Diners is 1 re per point. 

5 minutes ago, Bluebolt05 said:

Axis Ace is a great option but then something like Amazon ICICI CC is good too if you can get the higher limit. 2% on Amazon Pay Merchants, I mean almost every major store will have a Amz Merchant account + 5% on Amz purchases and for the few places which don't have the acc. you get 1%.

Amazon balance is like cash only.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bluebolt05 said:

I don't fully recall but when Jet closed down a few friends had significant miles whose value eroded pretty fast. IIRC they were valued somewhere around ~.25 per mile with significant restrictions which is like ~1.33% pure play return. Where as Diners is 1 re per point. 

When Jet closed, it was a hard fall for the points holders. They just have to gulp it down.

But Intermiles is much more robust.

Reward Rate for Diners Black is 3.33%, which I think is pretty good.

Personally, I am eligible for LTF Diners Black so it makes no sense for me to get any other card but I would have jumped for Intermiles DB if it was LTF as well because I generally do 2 trips a year (not including Corona era).

4 minutes ago, Bluebolt05 said:

I had around 2 lac miles. Got a good chunk as Amazon Pay Balance. 

If someone is looking for frequent flier rewards, I think Axis/SBI Vistara is the way to go. 

Intermiles is also decent. I still have the HDFC Intermiles card (oldest card when it was a JP tie up). AMZ/FK cards are good for their specific sites, else Ace is a better value almost everywhere. 

For superfluous benefits, AMEX fits the bill. 

11 minutes ago, Bluebolt05 said:

I still have my intermiles points from the Jet days. It's worth about the same for me, equivalent of 1 free flight.

17 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

You can convert HDFC CC points to Intermiles and for Diners Black it's 100 miles for 100 points. 

I am not sure but I think Intermiles Diners CC just straight away provides miles and not points at 8 miles per 150 spent, while the regular DB provides 5 points per 150 spent, so basically 5 miles. But then you have the option to use those points on other things as well (I think Amazon vouchers are available and you spend points on Smartbuy)

But the 1st month, 1st quarter and renewing benefits of Intermiles CC are just too good. 

Intermiles CC is the go to one if you intend to travel a lot otherwise take the normal one.

Edit: Fees is high though, so you need to decide if it makes sense based upon how much you spend.

Thanks for this. Yeah, the regular DB card is close to this in features - basis my monthly CC spends (20-25k) on the Intermiles DB card it comes up to about 9-10 free domestic flights which seems quite unreal to me. Not sure if this is standard for higher tier / paid cards.

Edit At this point I'm just trying to understand what the catch is here. Because for a frequent travel, it seems super value for money.

Edited by El Tigre Chino