Credit Card - Help & Recommendations

El Tigre Chino

https://www.medianama.com/2021/04/223-rbi-orders-forensic-audit-mobikwik/

The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has ordered a third-party forensic audit into the allegations that over 8.2 terabytes worth of sensitive user data was compromised from MobiKwik’s servers over the last few months. The Press Trust of India was the first to report the development that the RBI has ordered an immediate forensic audit of the company’s systems by a CERT-IN empanelled auditor and submit the report without any delay.

9 hours ago, dante77 said:

OnePlus is giving 3k/4k discount on SBI CCs, really tempting to get one. Are SBI cards lifetime free like ICICI Amazon one? Anyone here using it?

Depends on which card you get. A lot of lower tier cards are lifetime free, especially if you are banking with them already.

• Like 1

So I have noted something, whenever there is a sale on Flipkart which has instant discount on ICICI credit cards it accepts all cards except the Amazon Pay credit card which I feel is unfair.

Now on top of that I have noticed when Amazon also has icici credit card instant discount sales it includes all cards except Amazon pay card. I mean even Amazon themselves exclude the Amazon Pay card in card offers. Is this not unfair and severely de values the worth of the card because you can’t get the bigger 10% instant discount with your own co branded card?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

So I have noted something, whenever there is a sale on Flipkart which has instant discount on ICICI credit cards it accepts all cards except the Amazon Pay credit card which I feel is unfair.

Now on top of that I have noticed when Amazon also has icici credit card instant discount sales it includes all cards except Amazon pay card. I mean even Amazon themselves exclude the Amazon Pay card in card offers. Is this not unfair and severely de values the worth of the card because you can’t get the bigger 10% instant discount with your own co branded card?

That is weird

Jeez. That is idiotic

Exactly, even Flipkart is having a bank discount sale going on right now for ICICI and even they are not accepting Amazon Pay card for that 10% discount.

Amazon and Flipkart both don’t accept it for bigger discounts like 10% so what’s the point of having that card.

Flipkart screenshot below.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIMG_0233.jpg

3 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

Been a long time since this has been happening. 

Flipkart at least allows FK Axis card for full discounts. 

Been a long time since this has been happening. 

Flipkart at least allows FK Axis card for full discounts. 

Any idea how can I circumvent this? Wanted to use that 10% icici instant discount to buy something on Flipkart but it’s not accepting my Amazon Pay card.

31 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Any idea how can I circumvent this? Wanted to use that 10% icici instant discount to buy something on Flipkart but it’s not accepting my Amazon Pay card.

Use any other ICICI card. :P

I was finally able to apply for Amazon ICICI card but only via the video KYC method which is used if you don't have aadhar or ICICI account.

My mom has both and was eligible for KYC-less approval but the damn portal always threw an error which even Amazon didn't know how to solve.

Here's what I want to know, can I change the number attached to the amazon account after the card is issued? That is card is attached to the mom's number but the amazon account is attached to mine.

Has anyone tried? Does that throw an error or card stops working?

On 3/30/2021 at 2:43 PM, Chirag2001 said:

It got declined. Message says I can apply again after 6 months. Wtf, why would it get declined?

I was doing it on my dad's name, since I'm still a student. He has multiple credit cards from various banks (no ICICI) so I have no idea why it would get declined. 

f**k it I'll just use my regular Axis card.

Same happened to me. I applied for my mom and she already has an ICICI salary account with sizeable FDs.

Two verifications were done and ICICI gal called and confirmed but now it shows in Amazon that it has been declined.

Were you able to sort it out?

This would have been my mom's first CC but that shouldn't be a reason for declining.

The order will not impact the existing customers of these two entities, the central bank said in a statement on Friday.

These entities have been found non-compliant with the directions on Storage of Payment System Data," the RBI said.

The supervisory action, it added, has been taken in exercise of powers vested in RBI under the PSS Act.

In April 2018, all payment system providers were directed to ensure that within a period of six months the entire data (full end-to-end transaction details / information collected / carried / processed as part of the message / payment instruction) relating to payment systems operated by them is stored in a system only in India.

RBI bans American Express, Diners Club from on-boarding new customers from 1 May

https://www.livemint.com/industry/banking/rbi-bans-american-express-diners-club-from-on-boarding-new-customers-from-1-may-11619187868798.html

41 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

RBI bans American Express, Diners Club from on-boarding new customers from 1 May

https://www.livemint.com/industry/banking/rbi-bans-american-express-diners-club-from-on-boarding-new-customers-from-1-may-11619187868798.html

Yes RBI. Please ban the only CC operators with half decent customer care. :lol:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KnackChap said:

There goes my LTF Diners Black.

These firms really need to sort their stuff out.