Credit Card - Help & Recommendations

El Tigre Chino

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

Banner up on Smartbuy. Amazon officially out.

Most probably 5k gyftr option for Amazon will go as well.

Time to switch to a good spends based milestone card?

Nope. Infinia will still continue to be the best card in India. Yes Amazon is a big blow but this I am sure applies to Amex multiplier program and other card programs as well so technically it’s a big blow for all the reward multiplier programs. Infinia and Amazon ICICI perfect combo. 

31 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Nope. Infinia will still continue to be the best card in India. Yes Amazon is a big blow but this I am sure applies to Amex multiplier program and other card programs as well so technically it’s a big blow for all the reward multiplier programs. Infinia and Amazon ICICI perfect combo. 

I meant for people who use Amazon frequently. Milestone based card might be better.

But Amazon went for the jugular and has disabled paying bills upwards of 10k with anything except Amazon Pay UPI.

No CC, no pay balance. That's a sh*t move because only base rewards are given on direct bill payment and they want to take advantage of convenience and force people to use their UPI.

Might as well just pay directly on merchant's website.

3 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Got my Citi PM.

As always Citi is not very generous with the limit.

So how should I go about to increasing the limit to 3L with eventual goal of upgrading to Prestige?

@hannibal09

I was wondering that seeing your card photo ?

Any way as you are there search for PM to Prestige, how will detailed guides. 

14 minutes ago, hannibal09 said:

I was wondering that seeing your card photo ?

Any way as you are there search for PM to Prestige, how will detailed guides. 

Got in touch with another HDFC rep to upgrade to DCB. This guy is just another level.

My company is based out of London, he sent the verification guys to verify my digitally signed payslips to the London address ?

When they realised the mistake, he sent the guys to the address of the payment processor which basically just does GBP to INR conversion.

The verification guy calls me and says that he can't get verification here.

Absolutely given up on HDFC, they don't even value the salary slip.

So jaldi jaldi bus prestige pe switch, maybe in future I will try getting whatever comes next from HDFC.

Can't access these guides yet on the channel, too new. But that merge PM with Prestige and then get another PM literally blew me away. Might try to get another PM once my I get Prestige but obviously that will only happen once welcome benefits are credited.

Edited by KunjanPSD

2 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Absolutely given up on HDFC, they don't even value the salary slip.

Question - why don't you get the Infinia Card by making FDR of 10L with HDFC Bank .

I mean the card is obviously important to you . So just do a FDR of 1 year . Pretty sure they won't take your card back after 1 year since your spending is good . Also in the current market scenario where stocks aren't expected to give good returns for next 1 year at least - FDR doesn't look like that bad an investment .

12 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Question - why don't you get the Infinia Card by making FDR of 10L with HDFC Bank .

I mean the card is obviously important to you . So just do a FDR of 1 year . Pretty sure they won't take your card back after 1 year since your spending is good . Also in the current market scenario where stocks aren't expected to give good returns for next 1 year at least - FDR doesn't look like that bad an investment .

I floated that same idea to my RM. Told him that I will create an FD from the funds I keep in my savings.

He went to his supervisor and his supervisor went to the CC associate.

They declined it.

Asked my RM for a reason, he didn’t say anything useful. Then I asked a friend of my mine works in HDFC (not CC division) and he told me that this happens because bank is making more money from the funds you have in your savings as compared to FDR and hence they don’t provide cards if balance is shifting from savings.

But anyway, card isn’t important to me. I am only trying to get what they promised me when I graduated but now I am not following up on that, too much effort, will just use Citi and take whatever I can get.

Edited by KunjanPSD

2 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

I floated that same idea to my RM. Told him that I will create an FD from the funds I keep in my savings.

They declined it.

Asked my RM for a reason, he didn’t say anything useful. Then I asked a friend of my mine works in HDFC (not CC division) and he told me that this happens because bank is making more money from the funds you have in your savings as compared to FDR and hence they don’t provide cards if balance is shifting from savings.

But anyway, card isn’t important to me. I am only trying to get what they promised me when I graduated but now I am not following up on that, too much effort, will just use Citi and take whatever I can get.

DCB acceptance is pretty poor. Just a few examples I have noticed over the past few months - Zepto/Blinkit/Tata1MG/Zara&MassimoDutti are some of the online platforms. And so many offline merchants who don’t accept DCB. Got rejected so many times at chemists and superstores. 

3 minutes ago, SuperT said:

DCB acceptance is pretty poor. Just a few examples I have noticed over the past few months - Zepto/Blinkit/Tata1MG/Zara&MassimoDutti are some of the online platforms. And so many offline merchants who don’t accept DCB. Got rejected so many times at chemists and superstores. 

For Blinkit, just buy vouchers from Smartbuy and use it. You'll get bonus RPs.

Works for H&M, M&S. Maybe Zara and the others don't accept it.

Offline merchants are definitely not gonna accept. DCB is actually better than Amex though.

That's why I got Citi.

Put the big purchases like travel, utilities, insurance, dining and electronics on DCB, rest on Citi. It's a hassle to segregate though.

14 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

They declined it.

Oh okay . Seriously man your RM/CC associate are no good in this case.  

Two of my friends have Infinia card because their accounts are older 8/10 years . And its lifetime free with a limit of 13L . Their overall spends during all this time is somewhere around 15L. Their behaviour makes no sense as they will probably lose a good customer like you.  CASA ratio is very important to banks and it will suffer . 

28 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

The employer matters quite a bit in this I think. I used to work for an MNC and easily got Regalia LTF and bunch of other cards easily. Now I work in a startup and my colleagues struggle to get the same cards even though their salaries are more than 2x of what mine was when I got those cards. 

Very true.

DCB is available for people of certain MNCs with 75k net salary, while they asked me for atleast 1.75L.

Although my case is different because I am applying via their Premier Institutes association program.

Major problem is the pay structure, these HDFC guys only look at monthly net while many companies offer annual guaranteed bonuses and esops, especially startups.

That wasn't a problem in my case though, for me, it's just a bunch of dickheads.

Citi handles this much better by looking at annual gross.

42 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Oh okay . Seriously man your RM/CC associate are no good in this case.  

Two of my friends have Infinia card because their accounts are older 8/10 years . And its lifetime free with a limit of 13L . Their overall spends during all this time is somewhere around 15L. Their behaviour makes no sense as they will probably lose a good customer like you.  CASA ratio is very important to banks and it will suffer . 

They probably got Infinia atleast a couple years ago.

Back then the eligibility criteria wasn't this stupid. I know many people who are earning equivalent to me and hold Infinia LTFs.

They keep raising the eligibility while devaluating the card itself. Today's Infinia is equivalent to 2017/2018's Regalia.

HDFC is still my one and only bank account though. I will see what I can do because these guys don't value loyalty and relationship. So probably just better to stop keeping as many funds in savings and keep Regalia hanging around, unused to build up credit length and possibility of future upgrade.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

For Blinkit, just buy vouchers from Smartbuy and use it. You'll get bonus RPs.

Works for H&M, M&S. Maybe Zara and the others don't accept it.

Offline merchants are definitely not gonna accept. DCB is actually better than Amex though.

That's why I got Citi.

Put the big purchases like travel, utilities, insurance, dining and electronics on DCB, rest on Citi. It's a hassle to segregate though.

Nope. Having used both, I can safely say Amex acceptability is much much better at least in Delhi/NCR. Even online almost all platforms support Amex. 

• Like 1