Credit Card - Help & Recommendations

El Tigre Chino

Called Smartbuy Concierge and was told the same thing. From 1st Amazon won't be a Smartbuy partner.
Bahut bada dhakka laga.

Although Smartbuy still has decent options for flights/hotels/products but with removal of Amazon, DCB/Infinia advantage has been greatly reduced with this. I don't think anyone wants to transact on Flipkart, lol.

So in case your use case was only limited to Amazon and not other merchants on Smartbuy. StanC Ultimate starts looking good because of the similar reward rate and lower fees, not many airmiles partners though.

Citi Prestige has better base reward rate but high fees and quite a few exceptions.

I didn't transact that much on Amazon via Smartbuy because I had Regalia, was looking forward to use DCB but I guess not.

@hannibal09 Do you think a portfolio of LTF DCB, Citi PM (hopefully Prestige later on) and possibly Amazon ICICI be best going forward for airmiles value add?

I was planning to add almost every purchase on DCB but with Amazon gone, now planning to add most expenses on Prestige if I am able to get it and then only the purchases which can still provide bonus points will go on DCB.

Other options I considered:

StanC Ultimate has lower fees but not much when if comes to airlines partners, not sure how good their redemption value is on normal booking.

Axis Magnus only has Club Vistara as far as I know. 1L milestone is pretty sweet though.

Amex, will consider when bans lifts.

3 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Called Smartbuy Concierge and was told the same thing. From 1st Amazon won't be a Smartbuy partner.
Bahut bada dhakka laga.

Although Smartbuy still has decent options for flights/hotels/products but with removal of Amazon, DCB/Infinia advantage has been greatly reduced with this. I don't think anyone wants to transact on Flipkart, lol.

So in case your use case was only limited to Amazon and not other merchants on Smartbuy. StanC Ultimate starts looking good because of the similar reward rate and lower fees, not many airmiles partners though.

Citi Prestige has better base reward rate but high fees and quite a few exceptions.

I didn't transact that much on Amazon via Smartbuy because I had Regalia, was looking forward to use DCB but I guess not.

This is going to be a big blow for Infinia/DCB for sure. I am glad I applied for the ICICI Amazon card as well. Going to use that for all Amazon orders going forward. 

On a side note DCB acceptance is worse than Amex. Zepto/BlinkIt don't accept DCB.

35 minutes ago, SuperT said:

This is going to be a big blow for Infinia/DCB for sure. I am glad I applied for the ICICI Amazon card as well. Going to use that for all Amazon orders going forward. 

On a side note DCB acceptance is worse than Amex. Zepto/BlinkIt don't accept DCB.

Amazon ICICI is still not that great. Come ICICI sale, it is never eligible for the discount. But yes, most probably the best option left for Amazon, which bitch Amazon wanted to do.

DCB works mostly on all big box stores, Zepto/Blinkit no idea.

Amazon ICICI is still not that great. Come ICICI sale, it is never eligible for the discount. But yes, most probably the best option left for Amazon, which bitch Amazon wanted to do.

DCB works mostly on all big box stores, Zepto/Blinkit no idea.

What about the normal offers? For example on the Sony WHXM4 there is a 2k discount on all cards, so will the icici card get the 2k discount and the 5% cash back as well ? 

Just now, SuperT said:

What about the normal offers? For example on the Sony WHXM4 there is a 2k discount on all cards, so will the icici card get the 2k discount and the 5% cash back as well ? 

Yes, it will. Also, you will also get extra 750 special discount in addition (depends when the promotion is running).

26 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Yes, it will. Also, you will also get extra 750 special discount in addition (depends when the promotion is running).

Not bad. Pretty good card for Amazon. No brainer coz it’s LTF

Edited by SuperT

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

Banner up on Smartbuy. Amazon officially out.

Most probably 5k gyftr option for Amazon will go as well.

Time to switch to a good spends based milestone card?

Nope. Infinia will still continue to be the best card in India. Yes Amazon is a big blow but this I am sure applies to Amex multiplier program and other card programs as well so technically it’s a big blow for all the reward multiplier programs. Infinia and Amazon ICICI perfect combo. 

31 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Nope. Infinia will still continue to be the best card in India. Yes Amazon is a big blow but this I am sure applies to Amex multiplier program and other card programs as well so technically it’s a big blow for all the reward multiplier programs. Infinia and Amazon ICICI perfect combo. 

I meant for people who use Amazon frequently. Milestone based card might be better.

But Amazon went for the jugular and has disabled paying bills upwards of 10k with anything except Amazon Pay UPI.

No CC, no pay balance. That's a sh*t move because only base rewards are given on direct bill payment and they want to take advantage of convenience and force people to use their UPI.

Might as well just pay directly on merchant's website.

Got my Citi PM.

As always Citi is not very generous with the limit.

So how should I go about to increasing the limit to 3L with eventual goal of upgrading to Prestige?

@hannibal09

I was wondering that seeing your card photo 😂

Any way as you are there search for PM to Prestige, how will detailed guides. 

14 minutes ago, hannibal09 said:

I was wondering that seeing your card photo 😂

Any way as you are there search for PM to Prestige, how will detailed guides. 

Got in touch with another HDFC rep to upgrade to DCB. This guy is just another level.

My company is based out of London, he sent the verification guys to verify my digitally signed payslips to the London address 😂

When they realised the mistake, he sent the guys to the address of the payment processor which basically just does GBP to INR conversion.

The verification guy calls me and says that he can't get verification here.

Absolutely given up on HDFC, they don't even value the salary slip.

So jaldi jaldi bus prestige pe switch, maybe in future I will try getting whatever comes next from HDFC.

Can't access these guides yet on the channel, too new. But that merge PM with Prestige and then get another PM literally blew me away. Might try to get another PM once my I get Prestige but obviously that will only happen once welcome benefits are credited.

Edited by KunjanPSD

2 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Absolutely given up on HDFC, they don't even value the salary slip.

Question - why don't you get the Infinia Card by making FDR of 10L with HDFC Bank .

I mean the card is obviously important to you . So just do a FDR of 1 year . Pretty sure they won't take your card back after 1 year since your spending is good . Also in the current market scenario where stocks aren't expected to give good returns for next 1 year at least - FDR doesn't look like that bad an investment .

12 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Question - why don't you get the Infinia Card by making FDR of 10L with HDFC Bank .

I mean the card is obviously important to you . So just do a FDR of 1 year . Pretty sure they won't take your card back after 1 year since your spending is good . Also in the current market scenario where stocks aren't expected to give good returns for next 1 year at least - FDR doesn't look like that bad an investment .

I floated that same idea to my RM. Told him that I will create an FD from the funds I keep in my savings.

He went to his supervisor and his supervisor went to the CC associate.

They declined it.

Asked my RM for a reason, he didn’t say anything useful. Then I asked a friend of my mine works in HDFC (not CC division) and he told me that this happens because bank is making more money from the funds you have in your savings as compared to FDR and hence they don’t provide cards if balance is shifting from savings.

But anyway, card isn’t important to me. I am only trying to get what they promised me when I graduated but now I am not following up on that, too much effort, will just use Citi and take whatever I can get.

Edited by KunjanPSD

2 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

I floated that same idea to my RM. Told him that I will create an FD from the funds I keep in my savings.

He went to his supervisor and his supervisor went to the CC associate.

They declined it.

Asked my RM for a reason, he didn’t say anything useful. Then I asked a friend of my mine works in HDFC (not CC division) and he told me that this happens because bank is making more money from the funds you have in your savings as compared to FDR and hence they don’t provide cards if balance is shifting from savings.

But anyway, card isn’t important to me. I am only trying to get what they promised me when I graduated but now I am not following up on that, too much effort, will just use Citi and take whatever I can get.

DCB acceptance is pretty poor. Just a few examples I have noticed over the past few months - Zepto/Blinkit/Tata1MG/Zara&MassimoDutti are some of the online platforms. And so many offline merchants who don’t accept DCB. Got rejected so many times at chemists and superstores.