Credit Card - Help & Recommendations

El Tigre Chino

1 hour ago, dante77 said:

Getting option between Platinum debit card or Milenia debit card for HDFC. both free. Which one to take?

Can I get a quick reply on this!? 

Easyshop platinum generally comes with a higher spending limit, 1% cashback on bill payment upto 750/month through HDFC bill pay which can be useful in CC bills. Pays 1/100Rs and 1/200Rs depending on categories (limited).

Millennia comes with offer upto 5% on online shopping (5% on Smartbuy/PayZapp, 2.5% online, 1% offline) upto 400/month, including on wallet reload (load paytm or mobikwik).

So if your main goal is CC bill payment or something category spend which can exhaust that 750 limit, go for Easyshop platinum else Milennia.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Easyshop platinum generally comes with a higher spending limit, 1% cashback on bill payment upto 750/month through HDFC bill pay which can be useful in CC bills. Pays 1/100Rs and 1/200Rs depending on categories (limited).

Millennia comes with offer upto 5% on online shopping (5% on Smartbuy/PayZapp, 2.5% online, 1% offline) upto 400/month, including on wallet reload (load paytm or mobikwik).

So if your main goal is CC bill payment or something category spend which can exhaust that 750 limit, go for Easyshop platinum else Milennia.

Thanks millennia sounds better to me. Quick search also tells me that it has better Airport lounge acceptability. Will go for that. Thanks a lot for clearing the doubt. 

21 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Thanks millennia sounds better to me. Quick search also tells me that it has better Airport lounge acceptability. Will go for that. Thanks a lot for clearing the doubt. 

There is no point in looking at lounge acceptability on DCs. Completely useless when the included lounges have a mile long queue.

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

There is no point in looking at lounge acceptability on DCs. Completely useless when the included lounges have a mile long queue.

True. Especially in Delhi, lounge has become useless recently. But still I find Milenia has edge over platinum. 

Sharing the benefits I was able to avail from CC usage and points. Don't want to start any war of words or signify one is better than another, but sharing because making your regular spends rewarding by using a CC is beneficial. 

I got my trip to Goa for 2 people / 4 nights, in April this year from points + memberships. I'm staying at a 5* Taj and flying business one side.

• Del-Goa tickets for 26k, I paid 10k. Got 10+5+1K MMT vouchers from my DCB and ICICI Sapphiro cards. This is a Vistara flight and based on availability I can get a free upgrade to Premium Economy using my Vistara Axis card
  • Got 4 nights total at Taj with breakfast and 1 lunch included. Costing 75-80K, I paid 30K. This is split into 2 parts
  • Part 1: Bought the Taj Epicure Membership for 30k. From that got 2 nights at the hotel and 1 lunch free in basic rooms
  • Part 2: Got premium rooms for next 2 nights in the same hotel for 40k for free. Using Amex points to get Taj vouchers for 40K
  • Goa-Del flight using my Vistara Axis card in business for free. Usually costing upwards of 70k+

So all in all, a trip that would've cost me about 1.6L+ ended up costing only 40k ish. This is why I use credit cards and time my expenses on each card seperately for max benefits. 

Hope this inspired someone today! :thumbsup:

Edited by LordSpymaster
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2023 at 4:34 PM, 0verlord said:

which is better for zero forex markup? - Fi debit card or Niyo credit card? any other suggestion?

Fi debit card will be hit with that 20% TCS while Niyo credit needs to be backed by FD

I am kind of irritated with Niyo. Got a debit card couple of weeks ago for my trip next month and they stopped all international transactions citing an RBI rule. Now have to get the credit card but I think it's limit is capped at the FD amount you put.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2023 at 12:20 PM, LordSpymaster said:

Sharing the benefits I was able to avail from CC usage and points. Don't want to start any war of words or signify one is better than another, but sharing because making your regular spends rewarding by using a CC is beneficial. 

I got my trip to Goa for 2 people / 4 nights, in April this year from points + memberships. I'm staying at a 5* Taj and flying business one side.

• Del-Goa tickets for 26k, I paid 10k. Got 10+5+1K MMT vouchers from my DCB and ICICI Sapphiro cards. This is a Vistara flight and based on availability I can get a free upgrade to Premium Economy using my Vistara Axis card
  • Got 4 nights total at Taj with breakfast and 1 lunch included. Costing 75-80K, I paid 30K. This is split into 2 parts
  • Part 1: Bought the Taj Epicure Membership for 30k. From that got 2 nights at the hotel and 1 lunch free in basic rooms
  • Part 2: Got premium rooms for next 2 nights in the same hotel for 40k for free. Using Amex points to get Taj vouchers for 40K
  • Goa-Del flight using my Vistara Axis card in business for free. Usually costing upwards of 70k+

So all in all, a trip that would've cost me about 1.6L+ ended up costing only 40k ish. This is why I use credit cards and time my expenses on each card seperately for max benefits. 

Hope this inspired someone today! :thumbsup:

Damn. So much effort but if it all works well in the end. It's so satisfying and worth it. I use my CC as well for all expenses and Pay the dues Day 1. But you saving 1.2L on a trip is next level saving.

Can we use discount coupons on MMT if we use an MMT voucher to pay a part of the payment ?

Edited by eddy4823

Hey I had a question I was hoping someone might have the answer to?

Want to pay off a 3.25L premium on a TATA AIA insurance I have going, and I want to use an Axis Vistara Signature card as that gives best points/expense. 

Unfortunately the limit on the card is 2.5L and an email to customer service has informed me that the limit cannot be raised until a year has passed since the last time?

Is this correct? if so I would have to do it using an HDFC Regalia, and that gives me half the points (I convert to Club Vistara points) as the axis card. 

27 minutes ago, North said:

Hey I had a question I was hoping someone might have the answer to?

Want to pay off a 3.25L premium on a TATA AIA insurance I have going, and I want to use an Axis Vistara Signature card as that gives best points/expense. 

Unfortunately the limit on the card is 2.5L and an email to customer service has informed me that the limit cannot be raised until a year has passed since the last time?

Is this correct? if so I would have to do it using an HDFC Regalia, and that gives me half the points (I convert to Club Vistara points) as the axis card. 

Regalia wouldn't help you since HDFC has capped Insurance points at 2000 per day.

There is an ongoing offer which can get you 1000 extra bonus points but that was at first come first serve basis, so wouldn't be valid now.

Signature will be your best bet, check if you can pay the fees in parts.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

So the cashback card has been devalued, is there any other card that gives good CB on utility? already have apay card that gives 2%!

If you like to travel once in a while why not go for something like Axis Magnus/Infinia/Amex Plat Travel ? 

You can checkout Axis Ace for cashback. 

Edited by SuperT

I have a 42K Medical expense monthly. I am currently paying via UPI but pressurising merchant to allow me to pay via HDFC DCB CC so that I can roll the money more effectively and get some rewards points.

DCB offers 5 rewards points for every 150 rs, Is there any other card in market which I can target? Asking @KunjanPSD and other specifically. 

The merchant is resisting with 2% charges, I gave him an earful with RBI's link. Have to buy from him (only reseller), any other "innovative" way to solve this? I can still recover 1% from rewards points as such.