Credit Card - Help & Recommendations

El Tigre Chino

29 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I'm trying to get Axis Vistara Infinite, but Pharma/Medicine etc is not even an option in their drop-down list of employed sector. Any way out ? They ask employer details etc, but none of the other options are remotely close to the industry I work in. 

Go offline.

42 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Do you already have 2 cards from HDFC?

Anyway, very common for CC applications to be messed up, so send the mail and wait patiently.

Axis once declined my application and did not disclose the reason. Sent them the mail and after a tussle found out that it was because of failed work address verification. Some stupid ground agent put my employer as Deepak Nitrite in Gujarat as supposed to my real company in Gurgaon.

Got that sorted out later.

Zero CC from HDFC. I have already passed the grievance and now mailed the PNO, dont think anything will happen . Lets C. XD

3 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I'm trying to get Axis Vistara Infinite, but Pharma/Medicine etc is not even an option in their drop-down list of employed sector. Any way out ? They ask employer details etc, but none of the other options are remotely close to the industry I work in. 

Sent you a contact. Check your DM he helped my Cozn get an axis card. No need to visit the branch he sends someone home to collect the documents.

Edited by SuperT
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, rushab oswal said:

Need some help . Applied for tata neu hdfc ltf card. They asked to submit physical income documents to be mailed (Did that). They did the Vkyc and Ekyc. Also did physical verification . and now declined the application without any reason :hi2:. What can i do , these fxxxxx wasted my time for no reason.

Same. The reason I got:

While processing your application we observe that you already hold a HDFC Bank Credit Card. We are therefore placing your above mentioned application on hold and request you to consider the option of limit enhancement on your existing HDFC Bank credit card.
Request you to download the form from

With effect from 01-06-23, Axis Vistara CCs will neither earn points on Rent payments nor the rental spend will be applicable for milestone.

Wallets load won't be applicable towards Milestone either (wallet loads never earned points).

Edited by KunjanPSD

What's a good card combo to have?

My main spends are restaurants and fuel currently, with very little of shopping. My monthly spends are usually in the range of 20-30k range and I currently just have a Citi Rewards Card.

I had applied for a regalia on a card to card basis, however somehow HDFC rejected me for Regalia and issued me a Freedom card with a 20K limit without any warning. I have not used the card for 2 months and kept getting messages saying card will be deactivated. I never gave my consent for Freedom or any other card and my application form says so as well. Any particular Email to write to in order to escalate the same?

Currently I'm getting the AU Xcite card as per their online portal with a good limit.

As per some websites, apparently the Amex MRCC is the best card for fuel currently.

So any suggestions for what is a good card combo to have? A bit confused about the same. Lounge access is a must though for me now since I don't have any with existing.

Thanks!

Edited by Lazyboy8134

21 hours ago, Lazyboy8134 said:

What's a good card combo to have?

My main spends are restaurants and fuel currently, with very little of shopping. My monthly spends are usually in the range of 20-30k range and I currently just have a Citi Rewards Card.

I had applied for a regalia on a card to card basis, however somehow HDFC rejected me for Regalia and issued me a Freedom card with a 20K limit without any warning. I have not used the card for 2 months and kept getting messages saying card will be deactivated. I never gave my consent for Freedom or any other card and my application form says so as well. Any particular Email to write to in order to escalate the same?

Currently I'm getting the AU Xcite card as per their online portal with a good limit.

As per some websites, apparently the Amex MRCC is the best card for fuel currently.

So any suggestions for what is a good card combo to have? A bit confused about the same. Lounge access is a must though for me now since I don't have any with existing.

Thanks!

SBI Bpcl is what i used for feul.

Escalte to grevieance first, then pno . if both fails rbi obdusman

On 4/28/2023 at 11:52 AM, rushab oswal said:

Zero CC from HDFC. I have already passed the grievance and now mailed the PNO, dont think anything will happen . Lets C. XD

Update on this. Got approved , funny thing?  got no mail message or anything from HDFC. was just wandering on tata neu app and saw its approved. Fantastic track record from HDFC this XD

36 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

Update on this. Got approved , funny thing?  got no mail message or anything from HDFC. was just wandering on tata neu app and saw its approved. Fantastic track record from HDFC this XD

Not surprised. They do reconsider the old application if you send a mail to head cc or pno. Enjoy.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

That's reassuring. I am all for giving access but at the moment when it is asking things like it is reading all emails and filtering, read contacts and messages. This makes me jittery.

I know data privacy is a myth in modern world but still the way Google presents that it can read pretty much everything including passwords, it makes someone think twice before giving permission access. 

7 hours ago, dante77 said:

That's reassuring. I am all for giving access but at the moment when it is asking things like it is reading all emails and filtering, read contacts and messages. This makes me jittery.

I know data privacy is a myth in modern world but still the way Google presents that it can read pretty much everything including passwords, it makes someone think twice before giving permission access. 

Used to work for a Financial company our app had terms and conditions and privacy notes but no one read it. Anyone who downloaded it on their phone meant that we could access all their sms conversations. We were able to identify the kind of card they had and how much they were spending on the card, their running loans and if they are paying on time, their bank balance and of course their private data. If you have a smartphone forget about privacy. There is an amazing podcast called Darknet Diaries, you should give it a try it is brilliant. Specially two episodes Xbox Underground Part 1 and 2 are brilliant. 

Edited by SuperT
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Used to work for a Financial company our app had terms and conditions and privacy notes but no one read it. Anyone who downloaded it on their phone meant that we could access all their sms conversations. We were able to identify the kind of card they had and how much they were spending on the card, their running loans and if they are paying on time, their bank balance and of course their private data. If you have a smartphone forget about privacy. There is an amazing podcast called Darknet Diaries, you should give it a try it is brilliant. Specially two episodes Xbox Underground Part 1 and 2 are brilliant. 

True but it is more difficult than ever to get these permissions because now they require explicit opt-in rather than opt-out.

Anyway, end game for every fintech company is lending and that's what Cred is farming this data for. Cred mint/cash etc.

I don't depend on Cred a lot but in some cases, it's very handy.

1 minute ago, KunjanPSD said:

True but it is more difficult than ever to get these permissions because now they require explicit opt-in rather than opt-out.

Anyway, end game for every fintech company is lending and that's what Cred is farming this data for. Cred mint/cash etc.

I don't depend on Cred a lot but in some cases, it's very handy.

Yeah but the opt in is usually just a check box with a link to the privacy notes. No one is going to read those privacy documents, everyone just checks on the box. I think we should just accept it and move on and use the features that are handy/convenient and makes life easier, I mean that is what smartphones are for. 

3 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Yeah but the opt in is usually just a check box with a link to the privacy notes. No one is going to read those privacy documents, everyone just checks on the box. I think we should just accept it and move on and use the features that are handy/convenient and makes life easier, I mean that is what smartphones are for. 

How difficult is it to get all this info on iOS vs Android ? 

1 minute ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

How difficult is it to get all this info on iOS vs Android ? 

Something like sms access would be pretty easy on both. But specifically for advertisers/bloatware/malware the iOS platform is more secure, but in the past 1-2 years even Android has stepped up their game and you can now easily ask apps not track. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, SuperT said:

It's not a checkbox now. One has to give explicit permissions on the relatively newer version. Android's native permission dialog pops up.