Credit Card - Help & Recommendations

El Tigre Chino

I got rejected some 3 times before. Feels like sh*t, though I already have an account since forever and an existing CC with ICICI. All in great standing and my Cibil score is fantastic. Who knows what their criteria is. BC the only card I ever got rejected for :lol:

Edited by Walker

11 hours ago, b!T said:

This is not embarrassing. What's embarrassing is trying to get a card for couple of weeks, and getting rejected while your wife who applied for fun gets it approved. Fml :wallbash:

Imma take this opportunity to let you know...... Boiiiii my Amazon Pay ICICI CC is set the f**k up :D

• Haha 1

So I just thought of checking up with HDFC twitter support regarding the status of my card application. Turns out they have blocked me.

Not really sure if I should escalate it to the nodal officer or not, I am really tired of following up for the status of my application for more than a month now and thinking of giving up now.

Don't think HDFC are interested in having more customers. The entire journey has been nothing short of extremely frustrating and very tiring. Compared to this both ICICI and Axis process were butter smooth.

Really not sure why HDFC has been this bad.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

So I just thought of checking up with HDFC twitter support regarding the status of my card application. Turns out they have blocked me.

Not really sure if I should escalate it to the nodal officer or not, I am really tired of following up for the status of my application for more than a month now and thinking of giving up now.

Don't think HDFC are interested in having more customers. The entire journey has been nothing short of extremely frustrating and very tiring. Compared to this both ICICI and Axis process were butter smooth.

Really not sure why HDFC has been this bad.

f**k man I can understand the frustration. Have gone through similar things with other companies :wallbash:

Personally my experience was really good with HDFC. I don't know why you are facing so many issues. 
Just my luck i guess. What's been worse is since the lockdown started due to them not operating voice support i am not even able to talk to anyone about the issue. It's all been all through mails and Twitter conversation. Both of those have been very vague in their reply. I have written them long descriptive paragraphs in emails so that I can clearly describe the issue and there is no miscommunication. There reply emails from them have not been longer than 2 sentences which makes me doubt if they even read what I wrote.

I am ok even if they reject my application for low salary or something if they want only elite customers but atleast they should let me know its been rejected.

f**k man I can understand the frustration. Have gone through similar things with other companies :wallbash:
I really don't know what to do bro talking to their customer support is like talking to a wall. It's been very frustrating. Even writing to their escalation desk through this form has been of no help.

https://leads.hdfcbank.com/applications/webforms/apply/HDFC_Bank_Escalation/index.aspx

19 hours ago, gecko89 said:

This is a bit embarrassing, tried applying for a Amazon Pay ICICI CC and got this error at the end:

You are not eligible for the Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card. 

You can apply again in Six months.

I know a lot of people here applied for the same card, Any idea how and why ?

Also how's Flipkarts Axis Bank CC in comparison ?

So I got a call from Axis saying I have a pre approved Flipkart Axis CC available. I just need to confirm and they'll start the process.

Is this any good? It seems like cashback goes back to my bank account instead of Amazon pay credit in Amazon.

1 hour ago, i_rock098 said:

Just my luck i guess. What's been worse is since the lockdown started due to them not operating voice support i am not even able to talk to anyone about the issue. It's all been all through mails and Twitter conversation. Both of those have been very vague in their reply. I have written them long descriptive paragraphs in emails so that I can clearly describe the issue and there is no miscommunication. There reply emails from them have not been longer than 2 sentences which makes me doubt if they even read what I wrote.

I am ok even if they reject my application for low salary or something if they want only elite customers but atleast they should let me know its been rejected. I really don't know what to do bro talking to their customer support is like talking to a wall. It's been very frustrating. Even writing to their escalation desk through this form has been of no help.

https://leads.hdfcbank.com/applications/webforms/apply/HDFC_Bank_Escalation/index.aspx

I feel that pain bro. If it has been 30 days and you've got no joy from the CS go to nodal. What have you got to lose? Either it will get fixed or it will continue. That said a company that is so callous in handling a new customer doesn't deserve your business. Walk away. If you were a customer I'd say bust their balls but your not so no loss.

32 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

So I got a call from Axis saying I have a pre approved Flipkart Axis CC available. I just need to confirm and they'll start the process.

Is this any good? It seems like cashback goes back to my bank account instead of Amazon pay credit in Amazon.

I already applied. Waiting for KYC. I'll probably cancel it anyway. Don't need more cards.

I feel that pain bro. If it has been 30 days and you've got no joy from the CS go to nodal. What have you got to lose? Either it will get fixed or it will continue. That said a company that is so callous in handling a new customer doesn't deserve your business. Walk away. If you were a customer I'd say bust their balls but your not so no loss.

Yeah bro this actually makes me dredd to think if I was a customer how badly they would have treated me. I think you are right i should probably walk away. But I just feel sad that they treated me this bad especially since I have no prior experience with them. This makes me not want any association with them ever. Atleast basic courtesy would have been to reject and inform me.

13 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

Yeah bro this actually makes me dredd to think if I was a customer how badly they would have treated me. I think you are right i should probably walk away. But I just feel sad that they treated me this bad especially since I have no prior experience with them. This makes me not want any association with them ever. Atleast basic courtesy would have been to reject and inform me.

My friends and I have had really poor experiences with HDFC, be it their banking services or their Credit Cards. This is the reason I am looking at ICICI for a new card and not HDFC

As a customer I can say that the problem with HDFC is even outside of covid, it is literally impossible to reach a human CC representative. The IVR just keeps looping you through menus, with no option to speak with a human.

On the other hand, they will happily call you to make marketing calls from the very same CC numbers 7 days a week.

Edited by playstationdude

On 10/7/2020 at 5:15 PM, gecko89 said:

I use Axis CC since 2011, got it after getting job, just for PSN purchases. Axis has been awesome and having used SBI CC as well, I can wholeheartedly recommend Axis. Can't say about the specific card through.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Aercy said:

I use Axis CC since 2011, got it after getting job, just for PSN purchases. Axis has been awesome and having used SBI CC as well, I can wholeheartedly recommend Axis. Can't say about the specific card through.

Thanks. I've already accepted it, should get it within a week :)

• Like 1