Yakuza Remastered Collection

roun90

Game NameYakuza Remastered Collection

PlatformPS4

Games Included in Collection Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4 and Yakuza 5

PriceINR 3499 (US$ 48.90/40.25 UK Pounds) in India PSN; UK Pound 49.99 in UK PSN; US$ 59.99 in US PSN

Release DateAugust 20/21, 2019 for Yakuza 3; October 29, 2019 for Yakuza 4; February 11, 2020 for Yakuza 5 and February 11, 2020 for Physical Collection of all three

USPAll three games will be in 1080p/60 fps. Also graphics have been improved over the PS3 version

All Launch Trailers:

Announcement Trailer:

Yakuza 4 Remaster Launch Trailer:

Yakuza 5 Remaster Launch Trailer:

Picture of the Physical Collection:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSife7rHWVnJrH5EYVkHA

I've already made a post in Gamescom Thread, so here I'll be focussing on new news

FirstAn Excellent News. All of the content that was cut from Yakuza 3 (Reason being that they thought Western Gamers won't understand it) is now restored. So the multiple side-quests and mini games that were cut out from PS3 version of Yakuza 3 are back. Several quality of life improvements are also made such as the inclusion of sub-story markers

ECb033nX4AEeXjF.jpg

Sourcehttps://twitter.com/i/moments/1163903659656171520

At the same time, some Transphobic content (sub-stories) were removed from all versions of the game (Including Japanese Version)

https://www.thegamer.com/yakuza-3-remastered-transphobic-sidequest-removed/

Over at Yakuza 4, the character of Masashi Tanimura has been completely replaced with a new actor. This is the same as Pierre Taki's "Hamura Matsugane" character in Judgement, for much of the same reasons. Expect this change in the Western Versions as well.

From Source Article:

Yakuza 4's PS4 remaster will be hitting Japanese stores on January 17, 2019. The news came from the latest Famitsu magazine [Thanks, Gematsu] and also revealed a few details about changes to the game. The biggest shock is that protagonist Masayoshi Tanimura has been completely recast and will be sporting a new character model. Toshiki Masuda will now assume the role in lieu of the original actor, Hiroki Narimiya.

There is actually a lot of baggage associated with Tanimura's original actor. Allegations of drug use essentially ruined his career in acting and even led him to retire altogether. He was cleared in 2016, but the damage had been done and most companies ceased associating with him. Recasting him for this remaster is likely being done to avoid royalties owed for his performance.

Sourcehttps://www.destructoid.com/yakuza-4-s-ps4-remaster-gets-release-date-new-actor-528182.phtml

Not much news on Yakuza 5 Remaster front as of now.

PSN Store Links to buy the game

1) Indiahttps://store.playstation.com/en-in/product/EP0177-CUSA15360_00-YAKUZAREMASTERED

2) UKhttps://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP0177-CUSA15360_00-YAKUZAREMASTERED

3) UShttps://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0177-CUSA15325_00-YAKUZAREMASTERED

Edited by roun90
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

Thought of just checking whether the Yakuza:Remastered collection's disk are working fine or not and ended up completing chapter 1 of Y3 ? Usually I take a good 4-6 months break between games but looks like I'm getting more and more addicted to these games. I've started playing Y3, just minutes after finishing YK2 and the transition hasn't bothered me much. Character models look weird though. 

1 hour ago, Bauji said:

Thought of just checking whether the Yakuza:Remastered collection's disk are working fine or not and ended up completing chapter 1 of Y3 ? Usually I take a good 4-6 months break between games but looks like I'm getting more and more addicted to these games. I've started playing Y3, just minutes after finishing YK2 and the transition hasn't bothered me much. Character models look weird though. 

Yakuza 3 is the worst of the collection. Clunky gameplay, bad battle system, every random grunt continuously blocks which makes combat frustrating and absolutely poor graphics. I played it only to finish the story and get it over with. Yakuza 4 is far better with tons more content, and one of the absolute best characters in the series - Akiyama. And a far better combat system, almost the same as the style system of Yakuza 0. Only difference being 1 character has 1 style (There are 4 characters)

And wait till you play Yakuza 5. The content in that game is mind-boggling. Remember Yakuza 0 where both Kiryu and Majima had their own jobs (Real Estate and Cabaret Club)? Well, in Yakuza 5 - there are 5 characters and each have their own jobs. And none of them are wait and watch games like real estate. Every single game is made with the same love and care as the Cabaret Club, with their own active gameplay, missions and story. 5 different cities for 5 characters, each with their own sub-stories and their own activities. The first and last Yakuza game which has a very well implemented driving system  and where you can race.Gameplay and graphics that are almost as good as Yakuza 0, and one of the most mysterious main stories in the series. In fact, the amount of content in that game is the highest in the series, more than Yakuza 0, Kiwami games, 6 and Judgement. I'm playing through Yakuza 5 now, and I think I'm spending around more than 20 hours per character, it's that good. Even ignoring the main story (although as I said, main story is excellent and leaves you wanting more - but the sidee jobs for each character is just too good)

So just get through Yakuza 3 as soon as possible. The main meat of the collection is still left for you, and only begins after you finish off or ignore that one game (Yakuza 3)

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

The Yakuza Remastered Collection (Yakuza 3, 4, and 5 also available separately) – Jan 28, 2021

Eo63X5XXEAAmvFi.png

We’re excited to announce that the entire mainline Kiryu Yakuza saga will soon be available on Xbox Game Pass, Windows 10, and Steam!

• 2 months later...

Started playing Yakuza 4 & it always feels good to be back to Kamurocho after a while. The familiar streets,landmarks, bars and restaurants. Started "the completion list" - collecting keys, eating at restaurants, talking to people etc etc. one more time and loving it all over again. Have played the first three chapters so far. Akiyama is instantly likeable. Substories just started to pop-up on the map and now waiting for the big guy to show up.

video game japan GIF

I'm halfway through Y3 good thing I tempered my expectations cause the gfx and combat didn't age well at all. The story is decent is far.... let's see.

1 minute ago, Jigsaw said:

Never played any of these games. Bought 0 I think at launch in 2016 or 2017 but didn't give it a good go. 

Is 0 the correct way to start followed by kiwami? 

Yus. After playing 0, I think your meme game will be doubled. You'll go from desi to Japani in no time. :P 

But no seriously, you definitely need to start with the series, everyone does. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Yus. After playing 0, I think your meme game will be doubled. You'll go from desi to Japani in no time. :P 

But no seriously, you definitely need to start with the series, everyone does. 

Thanks downloading it now. 

I'm guessing still no English dubbing na? 

3 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

You'll go from desi to Japani in no time. :P 

Lol..ya, by the time I end a Yakuza game, I start using the word "Nani" a lot more in day to day life. Happens every time :D

2 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Nah mate. Jap audio and English subs. Best way to play it.

This.

• Haha 2

On 2/25/2021 at 1:28 PM, Jigsaw said:

Never played any of these games. Bought 0 I think at launch in 2016 or 2017 but didn't give it a good go.

Baka jiggy.

• Sad 1

On 2/25/2021 at 1:50 PM, Jigsaw said:

Thanks downloading it now. 

I'm guessing still no English dubbing na? 

A true kyodai plays with Japanese audio and English subtitles.

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

A true kyodai plays with Japanese audio and English subtitles.

I found the jap dialogues and English subs too overbearing back when 0 launched. Will have to pay attention to the story line this time :doh: