Yakuza Remastered Collection

roun90

10 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Dead souls? What's that

As CC mentioned, there are five spinoffs(if you don't count Judgment and Fist of North Star). Only Dead souls was localized. Still waiting for Ishin and Kenzan. Don't care about PSP games.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Finally ended up starting Yakuza 4 yesterday and I had planned to do a main story-only run, but as usual, ran into one sub-story and boom, muscle memory kicked it to divert myself. Now I'm back to completing all sub-stories. Thankfully, it seems there aren't as many as the ones in Yakuza 3 (which was a ridiculous 100+). Depending on how interesting the rest of the characters are, I'll go for completing most of their sub-stories. Haven't faced any Amon's since Kiwami 2. :P 

30 minutes ago, Bauji said:

Yakuza game without sub stories..why??

Hahaha! Thought it would be exhausting if there would be 100+ sub-stories spanning across 4 protagonists. That, and I wanted to get to Yakuza 5 faster as I'm more excited to play that one. 

Guess it will have to take a back seat again. Then again skipping sub-stories would mean giving up on random moments like this :fap:

17983846-89fd-4f6b-8c83-010814bd75db.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/30/2021 at 4:53 PM, Ethan_Hunt said:

Then again skipping sub-stories would mean giving up on random moments like this :fap:

Yup. Better to take a (long) break between games rather than ignoring the side content IMO. I am also planning to start Y5 next.

25 hours in and I only managed to complete Akiyama's chapter. Spent way too much time with the sub-stories, collecting locker keys, getting all hostesses to No.1 & just beating the crap out of random thugs on the street. I now understand why everyone likes Akiyama; he's such a suave character. I really enjoyed his story arc so far and very intrigued by the way it ended and now, even more intrigued with Saejima's kick-arse start. RGG studios really knows how to make a totally action packed main storyline. I also have to give special props to the way they design their female character models; they are absolutely beautiful. Here's a shoutout to these lovely ladies! :wub:

kaoru_sayama__yakuza_kiwami__2____render

med_1610222722_image.jpg

wp8201246.png

Will keep you all posted with the progress. 

Is it just me or is every single enemy in Saejima's story arc being buffed up? They dodge, block, and constantly keep grappling. As Akiyama, I barely got hit. Just watch this shite below with these street punks with their non-stop grapple hold shenanigan. :P 

Side note: Screw Twitter's shitty video compression. 

2 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Is it just me or is every single enemy in Saejima's story arc being buffed up? They dodge, block, and constantly keep grappling. As Akiyama, I barely got hit. Just watch this shite below with these street punks with their non-stop grapple hold shenanigan. :P 

Side note: Screw Twitter's shitty video compression. 

Yeah, it looks like they did that to counter Saejima's combat style. Reminds me of all the blocking BS in Y3

On 10/6/2021 at 10:45 PM, Ethan_Hunt said:

25 hours in and I only managed to complete Akiyama's chapter. Spent way too much time with the sub-stories, collecting locker keys, getting all hostesses to No.1 & just beating the crap out of random thugs on the street. I now understand why everyone likes Akiyama; he's such a suave character. I really enjoyed his story arc so far and very intrigued by the way it ended and now, even more intrigued with Saejima's kick-arse start. RGG studios really knows how to make a totally action packed main storyline. I also have to give special props to the way they design their female character models; they are absolutely beautiful. Here's a shoutout to these lovely ladies! :wub:

kaoru_sayama__yakuza_kiwami__2____render

med_1610222722_image.jpg

wp8201246.png

Will keep you all posted with the progress. 

Where the fk is Yuki-chan?

oh and Akiyama is baller af, his version of Baka Mitai

Baby Babies GIF

2 hours ago, Snake said:

Yeah, it looks like they did that to counter Saejima's combat style. Reminds me of all the blocking BS in Y3

His combat is very similar to Beast style in 0. 3's blocks were just next level bull and I'm glad it's not that heavy out here. There is no freaking way I'm taking Saejima back to the Coliseum with his slow-a*s combat. I'm done with nearly all his substories but still at level 17. 

2 hours ago, Snake said:

Where the fk is Yuki-chan?

oh and Akiyama is baller af, his version of Baka Mitai

Baby Babies GIF

Yuki's is ai'ght! Her Kiwami 2 model is ummm....OK I guess. 0 was fine, she was cute. 

yuki__yakuza__kiwami_2____render_1_by_je

With a bit of hostess maker magic she looked better in 0. :P 

Yakuza-0-Yuki.jpg

1 hour ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Yuki's is ai'ght! Her Kiwami 2 model is ummm....OK I guess. 0 was fine, she was cute. 

With a bit of hostess maker magic she looked better in 0. :P 

Yakuza-0-Yuki.jpg

denzel washington cringe GIF

10 minutes ago, hazard12345 said:

yup. Honestly thought the doctor was racist. Also, we have full-screen cut scenes in some stories, that is impressive.

Yep, they completely threw a curveball at the end the way he wakes up the brother. :P 

Good to have proper cutscenes for some of these sub-stories, adds a nice lil' finesse to them. 

Finished 4 yesterday and man I'm lost for words, easily the best finale set-up since 0. I loved Kiwami 2, but the whole build up with these 4 characters, their backstories, the tie in with previous titles and it's overall pacing was just next level stuff.

Spoiler

Don't know where to start. I mean I thought it would probably have a boring character which I'd probably not enjoy as much; my money was on Tanimura, but he turned out to be great too. I mean every character was given a good amount time to balance their storyline and also the sub-stories made perfect sense in the context of each character. The 10 billion storyline from Kiwami was connected very well here. 

The whole rubber bullet thing from the plot felt overused and I hope this trend doesn't continue. I saw Yasuko's death coming a mile away. This seems to be a recurring theme in Yakuza titles where the protagonist lets a loaded gun near the villain and boom, you have a character getting shot. Don't they learn anything from the previous entries. :P 

The finale was totally badass. They started out with a prayer in Yasuko's memory and then all 4 walking down the street in black suits, dam that has got to be the perfect line-up to the final battle. I think Millennium tower's rooftop is a perfect set-up for all of these finales. All of them picking their opponents and then the title card hits. I thought Kiryu would be in the last battle and didn't expect Tanimura to be the last one. They were tough, I'll give you that, especially Daigo who seemed to have learned a lot of new moves since his Kiwami 2 days. Tanimura's fight turned out to be so annoying with the constant bullet spamming and the elite cops hacking away at my health. I forgot to give him the tree armour, but thankfully, had stocked up on a lot of recovery items. I think, I was down to the last 3 Toughness ZZ and 2 Stamina Royales.  

But overall, a superb finale. The Hana-chan bit was downright hilarious. :lol:

Overall, I'm really glad I didn't rush through this one and took my time with it. Clock 65 hours (I think) with all sub-stories done for each character, going to do the Amon one soon. So anyone playing this title, please don't skip the sub-stories. ;) 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2021 at 10:30 AM, Ethan_Hunt said:

Finished 4 yesterday and man I'm lost for words, easily the best finale set-up since 0. I loved Kiwami 2, but the whole build up with these 4 characters, their backstories, the tie in with previous titles and it's overall pacing was just next level stuff.

+1 on the finale :thumbsup:

Spoiler

CaringDismalDogwoodtwigborer-size_restri

Dint like Tanimura and the sub stories much though.

Spoiler

Kiryu vs "those two"...was the best moment of the game for me :D 

Edited by Bauji
  • Like 1

Hahah! I love that line, might want to wrap it up in spoilers though. :P 

I'm clearing few activities off the checklist and then I'll be done. This game is still lingering in my mind and I'm not sure if I should just take a break or say "f*ck it!" and fire up Yakuza 5. It's staring right at me on the Xbox dashboard. :lol:

Edited by Ethan_Hunt