Yakuza Remastered Collection

roun90

2 hours ago, Bauji said:

Almost at the end of Alien isolation, so most probably will start it this weekend.

Heard its a bit bloated when it comes to side content, so was suggesting to take a break.

What the?

I think we have hive minds or something. I started Alien Isolation yesterday. :lol:

@Ethan_Hunt Congratz on completing Y4. It will always have a soft spot in my heart, since it was my first Yakuza. Oh, and I should point out, this awesome song is the theme song for Yakuza 4

You should listen to it. It's awesome. I think it's missing from the Remake. Originally it played while installing the game on the PS3. Since there is no installation on the Remake, I think this song is MIA (Which is sad, since it's so good).

21 hours ago, Bauji said:

And regarding Y5...my vote would be to take a break. 

100% Agree with this. Yakuza 5 is gigantic - to the point that it will make Yakuza 4 look like a tiny CoD SP game in comparison. RGG Studios went absolutely bonkers with the game. This is the last time I ever saw them making a game on such a huge scale.

1) Main Story is far bigger than Y4. It's also far better than Y4. In fact, it's one of the best stories in Yakuza Series period - right up there with Yakuza 0 (Maybe even better, depending on people's opinion).

2) It has 5 characters, and 5 gigantic cities to explore. All 5 cities are different from each other, and in full scale, i.e. as big as or even bigger than Kamurocho (Think on that)

3) All 5 cities have tons of side content and sub-quests, and they are different.

4) To add to this - all 5 characters have their own major mini-games, with their own stories. Think of Real Estate and Cabaret Club in Y0. Now imagine 5 different mini-games on that scale for 5 different characters (Complete with entire story-lines and unique gameplay)

5) This is the first and last time you will be able to drive in Yakuza Series (Even Lost Judgement - the latest game - does not allow driving). Heck, in the original PS3 release you could go to convenience stores and read actual manga (i.e. IRL Manga that exists). Sadly this feature was removed in the Remake

Coming directly from Y4 - you will be burned out very fast if you start Y5. You should really take your time to appreciate it. Hence, it's better to take a break, maybe play another game - before coming back to Y5.

Edited by roun90
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Yakuza 5 is gigantic - to the point that it will make Yakuza 4 look like a tiny CoD SP game in comparison. RGG Studios went absolutely bonkers with the game. This is the last time I ever saw them making a game on such a huge scale.

1) Main Story is far bigger than Y4. It's also far better than Y4. In fact, it's one of the best stories in Yakuza Series period - right up there with Yakuza 0 (Maybe even better, depending on people's opinion).

2) It has 5 characters, and 5 gigantic cities to explore. All 5 cities are different from each other, and in full scale, i.e. as big as or even bigger than Kamurocho (Think on that)

3) All 5 cities have tons of side content and sub-quests, and they are different.

4) To add to this - all 5 characters have their own major mini-games, with their own stories. Think of Real Estate and Cabaret Club in Y0. Now imagine 5 different mini-games on that scale for 5 different characters (Complete with entire story-lines and unique gameplay)

5) This is the first and last time you will be able to drive in Yakuza Series (Even Lost Judgement - the latest game - does not allow driving). Heck, in the original PS3 release you could go to convenience stores and read actual manga (i.e. IRL Manga that exists). Sadly this feature was removed in the Remake

Wow. I heard Y5 is big, but had no clue its this big.

Have finished Y4 back in March and after 7 months, was getting the itch to return and play a Yakuza game. All the above points have increased the excitement level even further...especially point # 1 :) 

21 hours ago, roun90 said:

Congratz on completing Y4. It will always have a soft spot in my heart, since it was my first Yakuza. Oh, and I should point out, this awesome song is the theme song for Yakuza 4

Thanks man!

'For Faith' is such an amazing track. I heard it even before I played the 4th game. My brother is a huge Yakuza fan too and he had played all previous titles before me, so he showed me this track as I was about to start this game. The instrumental version during the finale was just fantastic. It's even present in the Western releases intro and is surprisingly not in the Japanese intro. 

Hidenori Shoji is a genius when it comes to his guitar riff based tracks. I mean at this point it feels like he could compose track for this series in his sleep and still be absolutely terrific at it. Mad respect to him. 

21 hours ago, roun90 said:

100% Agree with this. Yakuza 5 is gigantic - to the point that it will make Yakuza 4 look like a tiny CoD SP game in comparison. RGG Studios went absolutely bonkers with the game. This is the last time I ever saw them making a game on such a huge scale.

Coming directly from Y4 - you will be burned out very fast if you start Y5. You should really take your time to appreciate it. Hence, it's better to take a break, maybe play another game - before coming back to Y5.

True be told, after reading all this, it makes me want to play this game even more. But, if I do, and I manage to get all invested and complete it, I'll need a massive break to play 6. I think it's mainly because the 4th game turned out to be so much more than I expected that it's hard to wrap my head around it's completion. I just have the Amon's to wrap up and then it will be a closure for me. 

Now that I look back on the time crunch RGG studios would have been under back then, I still don't understand how they managed to pull this off. They had 2 releases lined up for 2012; Binary Domain and Yakuza 5. The amount of content to deliver in Yakuza 5 itself would have been a mammoth task, but watching the studio deliver on the promise is terrific. 

All Amons just bit the dust. It's a good thing I decided to complete all those IF7-R simulation matches for all the characters (which was a challenge in itself). You'd need the heat gauge boost and it's subsequent upgrades to take these SOBs on. Tanimura was totally saved by the Sacred Tree Armour. I really struggled with Jo Amon and died twice on it but finally figured out a heat move technique which worked perfectly. 

I think these Amons were much easier compared to say the ones from Yakuza 0. The main reason being the insane amount of HP levels they had in 0 was crazy, not to mention the absurd amount of attacks. Nevertheless, such a satisfying end to this great game. :thumbsup:

Started with the last game of this collection. Always feel great to come back to this world after a long break. All the goodies that you get when it finds other Yakuza game data on the disk. :wub:

Have played for a couple of hours. Liking the new city already and the story is just warming up. Good times ahead. :) 

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Why does RGG hate Saejima so much? 

Pretty much killed my interest in 4 and about to do the same for 5 as well. 

Just complete skullf**ks the pacing of the game to give us more time with the boneheaded badass.

First game threw you in a sewer and this one into a prison and then a f**king bullshit village. Wtf. 

Saejima is an unpopular character, that I feel they are stuck with for 2 reasons -

1) Saejima is the pre-cursor for the Beast Style gameplay that came later

2) Story wise most important (You can look since you decided to skip Y4; if you want to complete Y4, wait to see this in-game) -

Spoiler

Saejima is Majima's Oath Brother. Their stories are tied together. Saejima's story development also leads to Majima's story development. This was especially focused on Yakuza 4. The entire back story of Majima in the Shimano Family is linked to Saejima. Heck, it's the entire reason why Majima sticks with Shimano in yakuza 0, despite being betrayed by Shimano in that game (Saejima was put in prison before Yakuza 0's events)

Safe to say, Saejima is a very important character story-wise.

Anyway, get through Saejima's segment. The village is boring, I agree. But you will very soon get to Saejima's city (with it's own activities). The next characters are far better.

Edited by roun90

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...