Yakuza: Like a Dragon

Heaven Angel

bg_xl.jpg

RISE LIKE A DRAGON

Ichiban Kasuga, a low-ranking grunt of a low-ranking yakuza family in Tokyo, faces an 18-year prison sentence after taking the fall for a crime he didn't commit. Never losing faith, he loyally serves his time and returns to society to discover that no one was waiting for him on the outside, and his clan has been destroyed by the man he respected most.
Ichiban sets out to discover the truth behind his family's betrayal and take his life back, drawing a ragtag group of society’s outcasts to his side: Adachi, a rogue cop, Nanba, a homeless ex-nurse, and Saeko, a hostess on a mission. Together, they are drawn into a conflict brewing beneath the surface in Yokohama and must rise to become the heroes they never expected to be.

ss_9cecfb713527a480f607bbde54c01763b18bf

ss_d8bcb8c72368ec09506d3a60d42ff2a1901e3

LEVEL UP FROM UNDERDOG TO DRAGON IN DYNAMIC RPG COMBAT

Experience dynamic RPG combat like none other. Switch between 19 unique Jobs ranging from Bodyguard to Musician, using the battlefield as your weapon. Take up bats, umbrellas, bikes, signs, and everything else at your disposal to clean up the streets!

ENTER THE UNDERWORLD PLAYGROUND

When you're not busy bashing heads, relax by hitting up the local arcade for some classic SEGA games, compete with locals in a no holds barred go-kart race around Yokohama, complete 50 unique substories, or just take in the scenery of a modern-day Japanese city. There’s always something new around the corner.

date_en.png

Edited by Heaven Angel
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, adity said:

Nah I think it's still a joke or something. I refuse to believe it. 

Or maybe it's in a particular game mode or mini game. 

Although I quite like turn based combat as well but I don't think it'll ever translate well to yakuza. 

30 minutes ago, b!T said:

oh for f**k sake!! Was quite happy to see a new Yakuza thread and disappointed once i open it.

Lol exactly the same feeling!! Hopefully this is just a bonus mode or something or RGG Studios patch in actual action based combat!!

There are series where turn based combat is fun. But the action style gameplay - especially with combat styles is damn fun in Yakuza. Don't want to see Turn based gameplay here of all places.

Oh well - will still buy it. I always like Yakuza stories, sub-stories, side content and exploring the city/cities. But just a tad disappointed with this decision.

And who knows - RGG might just hit it out of the park with this one. Gameplay has been the same for the past 7 main games + the 4-5 side games. They've tried tons of things from styles to multiple characters. So the change might just get their creativity flowing and they might just make it an amazing experience - even better than the old games!!

Edited by roun90

3 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Entire game is turn based combat

ss_02.jpg

:rofl: 

JFC. This went from a day 0 to a $10 purchase at best. Hype dead.

3 hours ago, roun90 said:

Lol exactly the same feeling!! Hopefully this is just a bonus mode or something or RGG Studios patch in actual action based combat!!

There are series where turn based combat is fun. But the action style gameplay - especially with combat styles is damn fun in Yakuza. Don't want to see Turn based gameplay here of all places.

Oh well - will still buy it. I always like Yakuza stories, sub-stories, side content and exploring the city/cities. But just a tad disappointed with this decision.

And who knows - RGG might just hit it out of the park with this one. Gameplay has been the same for the past 7 main games + the 4-5 side games. They've tried tons of things from styles to multiple characters. So the change might just get their creativity flowing and they might just make it an amazing experience - even better than the old games!!

Yakuza for me is a combination of Over the top action + Weird side stories + Unique characters. I am not a fan of turn based combat because I suck at it and gets bored easily. If this turn out to be a really good game, I will miss out.

@b!T @Joe Cool While I think so too, I wouldn't get too worried. There is a lot of time for the Western Release. If the turn-based combat is not well received in RGG Studio's main Markets (Japan/China/Korea), we might see the action gameplay patch by the time of the Western Release (With it being released as a free patch for the native markets).

I agree, with Yakuza's graphical style - turn based gameplay does not match at all.

But I kinda understand where RGG Studios is coming from as well. They said they wanted to try something new. And it's understandable after developing the franchise for around 14 years with 6 main-line games and around 4 spin-offs (Ishin, Kenzan, Dead Souls and Judgement). Add in Yakuza 0 and the 2 Remake Games (Kiwami 1 and Kiwami 2). That's 13 Games over 14 years - almost 1 new game per year. I'm not even counting the remasters (3,4 and 5 HD). And almost all having the same gameplay - no wonder they got bored and wanted to try something new.

Edited by roun90

• 1 month later...
  • Heaven Angel changed the title to Yakuza: Like a Dragon