Yakuza: Like a Dragon

Heaven Angel

8 hours ago, adity said:

Playing in performance or graphics mode? 

The above SS was in performance mode. 

I am playing the game on Graphics mode. 

Yakuza like a Dragon offers up three modes on Xbox Series X. The normal mode is 1440p at 60fps, resolution mode targets 4K and 30fps, while the frame-rate mode guns for 1080p with a tighter 60fps lock.

I like how Ichi reacts when he got out ... after many years and the way he reacts.  Once the game opens up the story expands vastly. The characters in this game are so intriguing and few of them are really funny. The combat is simple and nice. The open world is amazing and colourful. No matter it’s day or night the world looks so detailed and gorgeous. The conversation between the people is always interesting. I played 9hours so far. I am in chap 4. 

And out of curiosity idk I wonder why Young Master is doing that on purpose for his girl. He made me remember my old days. ?

18 minutes ago, GameAnalyzer said:

I like how Ichi reacts when he got out ... after many years and the way he reacts.  Once the game opens up the story expands vastly. The characters in this game are so intriguing and few of them are really funny. The combat is simple and nice. The open world is amazing and colourful. No matter it’s day or night the world looks so detailed and gorgeous. The conversation between the people is always interesting. I played 9hours so far. I am in chap 4. 

And out of curiosity idk I wonder why Young Master is doing that on purpose for his girl. He made me remember my old days. ?

A Tip: You'll get Business Management in Chapter 5. Do it immediately if possible. It's fun, and you will need cash. You'll finish the mini-game (No. 1 ranked company) with around 11-14 million yen, which will help you a ton with equipment upgrades. After getting to No. 1 you can keep on withdrawing 3 million yen whenever you want/short of cash. It'll make your life a lot easier, and you will need a ton of cash soon enough.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Completed the game. from chapter 12 to chapter 15 the game difficulty increases. But thanks business management so that I could max out my weapons.

And damn there are some insane moments in the game afterwards Chapter 12.  The voice actor of Kasuga during the end cutscene is on another level :majesty:.  Come back of former Yakuza's felt so nostalgia and Epic. I am a Majima fan. Kamurocho looks great compared to Yakuza 0. Some of the other locations are pleasure to watch during night (literally blown away by the sheer beauty of the game how it looks.)

One thing I don't get why. (Don't see unless you have played/completed the game)

Spoiler

the protagonist didn't join former Yakuza's when they asked. Idk why he wanted to live in Ijincho.

Kume is pain in the a*s just like Micah from RDR2. :furious: I wanted Young master to live. So emotional the game ends where it all started. His birth was in the arms of Arakawa and his death was in the arms of Ichiban. Father and son

And lol these new guys have no idea who is Kiryu. It felt so funny. Watase says  He's a bodyguard found him on the road.  LOL :rofl:

3 hours ago, GameAnalyzer said:

Completed the game. from chapter 12 to chapter 15 the game difficulty increases. But thanks business management so that I could max out my weapons.

And damn there are some insane moments in the game afterwards Chapter 12.  The voice actor of Kasuga during the end cutscene is on another level :majesty:.  Come back of former Yakuza's felt so nostalgia and Epic. I am a Majima fan. Kamurocho looks great compared to Yakuza 0. Some of the other locations are pleasure to watch during night (literally blown away by the sheer beauty of the game how it looks.)

One thing I don't get why. (Don't see unless you have played/completed the game)

Reveal hidden contents

the protagonist didn't join former Yakuza's when they asked. Idk why he wanted to live in Ijincho.

Kume is pain in the a*s just like Micah from RDR2. :furious: I wanted Young master to live. So emotional the game ends where it all started. His birth was in the arms of Arakawa and his death was in the arms of Ichiban. Father and son

And lol these new guys have no idea who is Kiryu. It felt so funny. Watase says  He's a bodyguard found him on the road.  LOL :rofl:

Did you play Yakuza 6 before this?

Spoiler

It's really important to play Yakuza 6 if you want to understand Kiryu's story here. Those who knew him, like Watase, Majima, Daigo and Saejima recognized Kiryu. To those who did not know - he was a "Random Bodyguard"

Spoilers for Yakuza 6, which explains

Spoiler

Kiryu's

situation

Major Spoilers for Yakuza 6 Story:

Spoiler

So basically, in Yakuza 6 Haruka had a near death experience in a hit-and-run by a Yakuza and she had a son at the time. Haruka almost died and spent almost an year in coma. Kiryu was in prison at the time. Of course in typical Yakuza fashion Kiryu comes out, solves all the problems and gets the villain. But the "problem" in Yakuza 6 is quite a big one - knowledge of which will highly damage Japan's foreign relations with other countries plus implicate several high profile politicians. Due to which Kiryu's family will always have to live in fear. Kiryu makes a deal, he will go "missing", be declared "dead" legally and not meet anyone (including his family) or involve himself with any political or Yakuza business anymore. In return, the "Fixer", a high profile politician himself will ensure that no Yakuza business or any other business will reach Haruka, her husband, her infant son (Haruto) or anyone else from the Sunshine Orphanage. It was an easy thing to pull off because Kiryu was highly injured at the end of Yakuza 6, everyone thought he was already dead and his cure was done in secret, by the "Fixer's" contacts itself.

No one knew Kiryu was alive after Yakuza 6, including everyone from the Tojo Clan, his friends and even his family (Date knew maybe, but cannot be sure) (we audience knew because we saw him in the epilogue making the deal and then walking away). Here, in Yakuza 7, Kiryu made a very minimal involvement deal with the Fixer to interfere in just a little way because the situation was getting out of hand and going up to the PM Level. Ichiban is just a small time grunt and does not even know what Kiryu looks like. He might have heard about "The Legendary 4th Chairman" but that's it. The rest are not even Yakuza.

Also regarding Ichiban

Spoiler

It's the correct decision to not join the Yakuza and stay with his friends. Those others were of a level far above him, and his friends were the only ones who can help him. Ichiban is not Kiryu. He cannot fight anyone solo. If the Majima fight happened with Ichiban alone, he would get his a** handed to him real quick, even if Majima was holding back. And the Yakuza head group always fights those kinds of people only, which Ichiban cannot do alone, at least as of now. Plus the Tojo Clan is gone, the Arakawa Family is gone, almost everyone he knew from those days is gone except Mitsu. There is literally nothing he can do alone in the Yakuza group. He can accomplish much with the Ijincho Homeless Group though.

BTW did you see this video? It's hilarious and so much on point lol

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Did you play Yakuza 6 before this?

Hide contents

It's really important to play Yakuza 6 if you want to understand Kiryu's story here. Those who knew him, like Watase, Majima, Daigo and Saejima recognized Kiryu. To those who did not know - he was a "Random Bodyguard"

Spoilers for Yakuza 6, which explains

Hide contents

Kiryu's

situation

Major Spoilers for Yakuza 6 Story:

Hide contents

So basically, in Yakuza 6 Haruka had a near death experience in a hit-and-run by a Yakuza and she had a son at the time. Haruka almost died and spent almost an year in coma. Kiryu was in prison at the time. Of course in typical Yakuza fashion Kiryu comes out, solves all the problems and gets the villain. But the "problem" in Yakuza 6 is quite a big one - knowledge of which will highly damage Japan's foreign relations with other countries plus implicate several high profile politicians. Due to which Kiryu's family will always have to live in fear. Kiryu makes a deal, he will go "missing", be declared "dead" legally and not meet anyone (including his family) or involve himself with any political or Yakuza business anymore. In return, the "Fixer", a high profile politician himself will ensure that no Yakuza business or any other business will reach Haruka, her husband, her infant son (Haruto) or anyone else from the Sunshine Orphanage. It was an easy thing to pull off because Kiryu was highly injured at the end of Yakuza 6, everyone thought he was already dead and his cure was done in secret, by the "Fixer's" contacts itself.

No one knew Kiryu was alive after Yakuza 6, including everyone from the Tojo Clan, his friends and even his family (Date knew maybe, but cannot be sure) (we audience knew because we saw him in the epilogue making the deal and then walking away). Here, in Yakuza 7, Kiryu made a very minimal involvement deal with the Fixer to interfere in just a little way because the situation was getting out of hand and going up to the PM Level. Ichiban is just a small time grunt and does not even know what Kiryu looks like. He might have heard about "The Legendary 4th Chairman" but that's it. The rest are not even Yakuza.

Also regarding Ichiban

Hide contents

It's the correct decision to not join the Yakuza and stay with his friends. Those others were of a level far above him, and his friends were the only ones who can help him. Ichiban is not Kiryu. He cannot fight anyone solo. If the Majima fight happened with Ichiban alone, he would get his a** handed to him real quick, even if Majima was holding back. And the Yakuza head group always fights those kinds of people only, which Ichiban cannot do alone, at least as of now. Plus the Tojo Clan is gone, the Arakawa Family is gone, almost everyone he knew from those days is gone except Mitsu. There is literally nothing he can do alone in the Yakuza group. He can accomplish much with the Ijincho Homeless Group though.

BTW did you see this video? It's hilarious and so much on point lol

thanks a lot for detailed explanation. It makes sense now. And nope, I haven't played Yakuza 6 :|  Now its coming for Xbox on March 25 then I will play. I don't have PS4 anymore :| 

I played the game in Japanese voice and its so much better than English.

@roun90

Spoiler

you didn't want young master to live? :cry:I didn't want him to die because Ichiban tries so hard to convince him but he doesn't listen but in the end it looked like he was ready but then fking Kume came out of nowhere. It just so annoying how much shite I have to be through just to meet him and that guy came out of nowhere and killed him and ran away also. :furious: Also when he was speaking about his girl I didn't understand why she left him and got engaged to the commissioner. Wasn't Young Master already rich and powerful enough that time?  Ryo Aoki's character reminds me of my hometown's local politicians. So brainwashed for power and fame.

1 hour ago, GameAnalyzer said:

@roun90

Reveal hidden contents

you didn't want young master to live? :cry:I didn't want him to die because Ichiban tries so hard to convince him but he doesn't listen but in the end it looked like he was ready but then fking Kume came out of nowhere. It just so annoying how much shite I have to be through just to meet him and that guy came out of nowhere and killed him and ran away also. :furious: Also when he was speaking about his girl I didn't understand why she left him and got engaged to the commissioner. Wasn't Young Master already rich and powerful enough that time?  Ryo Aoki's character reminds me of my hometown's local politicians. So brainwashed for power and fame.

Nah

Spoiler

I prefer the Young Master to have lived. Kume is a Grade A a**h*** and should have gone down with Bleach Japan. Unfortunately, it seems RGG is setting him up to be a recurring villain, which I do not support at all. He's irritating, whenever he comes on screen. Cannot do anything himself, cannot accept anything, is a 1st grade hypocrite who commits injustice but claims "to love true justice", will be nowhere without support, but unfortunately is a cockroach who keeps popping up. Would have been happy if this was the last game he was in. Unfortunately not, it seems.

Regarding the girl at the beginning:

Spoiler

He was a Yakuza. Despite all money and power, he was an unqualified criminal, while the other guy was an educated Policeman (Though he was also a criminal). Degrees, jobs, social status and behavior made the lady blind. The Young Master says it himself - when he became the Politician, the same lady complimented him to the heavens. It's also why he did not respect his secretary, who was so clearly smitten with him. He understood she was not seeing past the clothes, rank and status. The only mistake the Young Master made was thinking everyone in the World was like that, despite the fact that there were people like Ichiban who supported him no matter what or even strangers like Saeko who would not have cared about social status and could have been romantic partners had they met before.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/14/2021 at 7:05 PM, WhiteWolf said:

This not in game pass? :rant: All other Yakuza games in Game pass already :/

I thought gamepass is the second coming of Jesus christ :lol: patience man, it will come.