Yakuza: Like a Dragon

Heaven Angel

1 hour ago, Madmage said:

@roun90 did you do the true millennium tower.. am at main level 75 and job level 40 odd I guess, gonna be a hell lot of needless grinding to do the true millennium tower.

Nah, I did not do the True Millenium Tower. Seems the basic requirement to do that is level 99. Frankly, it's pointless, and the grind is really boring. Frankly, the grind to finish the story itself tested my patience. No way I'm doing that big grind just for an optional boss - on a game that's completed anyway. I would suggest you ignore it as well. You'll likely get burned out of the game otherwise.

42 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Nah, I did not do the True Millenium Tower. Seems the basic requirement to do that is level 99. Frankly, it's pointless, and the grind is really boring. Frankly, the grind to finish the story itself tested my patience. No way I'm doing that big grind just for an optional boss - on a game that's completed anyway. I would suggest you ignore it as well. You'll likely get burned out of the game otherwise.

Yeah man, just did that. I tried yakuza kiwami today. The game felt a bit clunky to say the least, not gonna give it a second go. Downloading yakuza 0, let's see how that goes.

Thought of starting persona strikers, but probably would be an overload of turn based rpg . Have been sitting on that game for a couple of months. Lol

11 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Strikers is an action rpg though. Hack and Slash basically. 

Don't play it if you haven't played persona 5 though. It's a direct sequel to 5.

Man I played the hell out of persona 5, easily 100 hrs.. probably my best game of last gen !

Did not know strikers was hack and slash.lol

been putting some hours into this in between my Spider-Man and RnC RA runs. 3 hours in and so far so good. Turn-based is always bae :wub:, though I wish the combat mechanics were a bit deeper. I am really liking the story a lot and cutscenes are pretty good too, mostly helped by how likeable Ichiban as a character is.

Spoiler

Yakuza-Like-a-Dragon.png

:rofl:

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Hope not USA. There are a million games set in USA. One of the main reasons I played Yakuza was to roam around in a modern day Japanese city. 

It'll be a fish outta water story. Kiryu beating up gangbangers and buying food from a gas station which leads to a side story.

45 minutes ago, Snake said:

It'll be a fish outta water story. Kiryu beating up gangbangers and buying food from a gas station which leads to a side story.

Frankly, I will prefer China, especially Hong Kong. It will be like Sleeping Dogs 2 (We still need that, if you are listening SE. No more Tomb Raider or LiS, get on Sleeping Dogs ASAP). Or they can go really fancy and send Kiryu against Mumbai Dons/set in Afghanistan etc. 

But the US is really the last thing we need. There are 10,000 "Crime" Open Worlds set in the US or EU in all time periods, and the mafia drama has been played to death already. It's gotten to the point that it's frankly boring. There's not even the curiosity to explore anymore.

Don't want KK going to Hong Kong/ China. Last time a Sega superstar went there, the series was almost finished forever and with all the news of nagaoshi leaving Sega, HK/chn is the last place I want them to go. Korea could be a good option or maybe even Thailand (think of all the minigames) :naughty:

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

Frankly, I will prefer China, especially Hong Kong. It will be like Sleeping Dogs 2 (We still need that, if you are listening SE. No more Tomb Raider or LiS, get on Sleeping Dogs ASAP). Or they can go really fancy and send Kiryu against Mumbai Dons/set in Afghanistan etc. 

But the US is really the last thing we need. There are 10,000 "Crime" Open Worlds set in the US or EU in all time periods, and the mafia drama has been played to death already. It's gotten to the point that it's frankly boring. There's not even the curiosity to explore anymore.

Sleeping Dogs yes plzzzzzz  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I finally managed to complete the Kiryu saga today (write up planned in it's respective thread) and planning to start Like a Dragon. This is the first time I'm going full mental to play 3 Yakuza titles back to back. Started out with 5, finished 6 and albeit my hesitation, I'd like to give Like a Dragon a fair shot. My main question to all you experts out here is what tips do you have for embracing the turn-based JRPG combat system?  As someone who absolutely loathes this type of combat style, how difficult is it to learn the basics from this game? How deep is the system compared to other in this genre? 

I'll be honest and mention that my only foray into remotely playing this type of gameplay would be with the South Park games, which I believe were quite rudimentary. So bearing that in mind, what exactly should be my approach for this game?

1 hour ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

I finally managed to complete the Kiryu saga today (write up planned in it's respective thread) and planning to start Like a Dragon. This is the first time I'm going full mental to play 3 Yakuza titles back to back. Started out with 5, finished 6 and albeit my hesitation, I'd like to give Like a Dragon a fair shot. My main question to all you experts out here is what tips do you have for embracing the turn-based JRPG combat system?  As someone who absolutely loathes this type of combat style, how difficult is it to learn the basics from this game? How deep is the system compared to other in this genre? 

I'll be honest and mention that my only foray into remotely playing this type of gameplay would be with the South Park games, which I believe were quite rudimentary. So bearing that in mind, what exactly should be my approach for this game?

Just go with it man, cause that’s the only type of Yakuza games we gonna get from now on. Take you time, learn what each party member does and learn when to ise them 

For beat em ups we only have judgement left

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

Just go with it man, cause that’s the only type of Yakuza games we gonna get from now on. Take you time, learn what each party member does and learn when to ise them 

For beat em ups we only have judgement left

Thanks man! Download is already complete. Will start it tonight. 

I'll probably try Judgement later but I thought I'd at least try this (LAD) style of gameplay for once and see if I'm any good at it.