Farcry 5

Engineer

There's a offer of farcry4+farcry primal for 1999 on PSN.... Not sure whether to buy it or wait for this new game....

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Fantastic deal. Get it. Lot of gameplay content in both games

not expecting much, i had such high hopes for primal too, too bad it just ended up as a stone age skin of farcry 3 ... let's see how this fares !

I'm sure it started as a Blood Dragon style standalone DLC/expansion. They've taken a break after FC4 so here's hoping they've revamped the core formula.

Primal was pretty meh, I think they go back to being good or at least have a badass badie like vaas

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Hopefully one who doesn't

die halfway through and get replaced by Mr. Generic Bad Guy.

Have played only FC4 and loved it. Not sure if I should pick up Primal. Absence of cool weapons is what is making me think twice. Don't think shooting animals with a bow is gonna be as fun as throwing around mines and shooting a rhino in the face with a shotgun.

Looks like FC5 may be good(with political commentary to boot :P )

I like Primal more than all Far Cry games except Blood Dragon. The cool pet ability made me want to play more and more and bows etc got regular updates via skill tree. Only thing I am tired about Far Cry games is the theme park like open world. All the Far Cry games after Far Cry 2 have messed up scale. The areas are divided into smaller sections like theme parks and they don't have that huge area feel like suppose in Witcher 3 or GTA or Just Cause series. They are just too jam packed. Ubisoft addressed this in that Wildlands game. Hopefully Far Cry 5 too does the same.

I like Primal more than all Far Cry games except Blood Dragon. The cool pet ability made me want to play more and more and bows etc got regular updates via skill tree. Only thing I am tired about Far Cry games is the theme park like open world. All the Far Cry games after Far Cry 2 have messed up scale. The areas are divided into smaller sections like theme parks and they don't have that huge area feel like suppose in Witcher 3 or GTA or Just Cause series. They are just too jam packed. Ubisoft addressed this in that Wildlands game. Hopefully Far Cry 5 too does the same.

Yes I think you nailed what is wrong with Ubisoft style open world design. Also the checklist style progression needs to go. Far Cry 2 ticked many of the right boxes.

hoping it releases this year, far cry 4 was way more enjoyable after the disappointing primal

Fc4 released 2014 and primal 2016.. imo primal was better thn fc4..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Full version

img_4151ixywp.jpg

So, basically Outlast II with guns and planes!

I won't lie though, that looks like a pretty interesting setting. I just hope it isn't a cookie-cutter Far Cry game with towers and icons all over the place. But who am I kidding, it will be exactly that, isn't it?