Sign in to follow this  
HundredProofSam

IVG Game Night: FIFA 20 India launch event

IVG-GAME-NIGHT-FIFA-20-001.jpg

IVG Game Night: FIFA 20 India launch event

The FIFA 20 India launch is set for September 27, and we’re bringing back IVG Game Night to give the IVG community a taste of the action three days before launch.

On September 24, we’re partnering with E-xpress Interactive, EA and 145 to celebrate the FIFA 20 India launch, where gamers and football fans alike will have a chance to play the game three days before release date.

IVG Game Night is an initiative we kicked off earlier this year to bring gamers closer through evenings of gaming and conversation over a few drinks. We kicked off this initiative in April with a launch event for Mortal Kombat 11, and we’re back next week with FIFA 20.

Before we get to the event details, a quick reminder that we're also giving away a copy of FIFA 20 on PS4 or Xbox One. Click here to enter the contest.

This FIFA 20 India launch event will be held at 145 Bandra in Mumbai on Tuesday, September 24. Find all the relevant event details below:

• Date: Tuesday, September 24, 2019
  • Timings: 7 PM to 11 PM
  • Venue: 145 Bandra, Mumbai (Google Maps)
  • Entry: Free (Ages 21 and above only)
  • Dress code: Your favourite team’s colours

FIFA 20 introduces a new game mode this year – Volta Football – and fans will be able to check out the new street football mode at the event as well.

If you plan to drop by at IVG Game Night, drop a comment below and come say hello when you’re there. A bunch of us from the forums will be attending so it will be a great IVG meet-up.

Working on that day (and during those hours too). 😐

So, won't be able to make it.

Oh man, I miss those college days when I wouldn't miss events like this for anything in the world.

😞😞😞

For the ones attending, have an amazing time! 👍🏼

Entered the competition, BTW.

Side note: Would love a new copy of FIFA20 as a 1st Marriage Anniversary gift (yes, it's on the 26th itself).

:naughty:

won't be able to make it unfortunately cause it's a work day.

Hopefully future events are during the weekends, the turnout would be a lot more.

Need to catch up with the IVG gang.

Unfortunately games launch on weekdays. Also venues are harder to get on weekends. But we'll surely plan some weekend ones.

Snake try and drop in after work. It's on till 11.

If it could be 3 days early then why not 5 days early. You would have got weekend then and turnout would have been much more. We pune guys could also have come if on weekends. Weekdays no chance.

Fifa is pretty big in India. Hope the turnout is awesome. Have a great event :)

Edited by hope

4 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Hey Sam, what exactly happens at the Game Night Events? Could you describe some activities? Are there like compititon and stuff or just game demos?

Spoiler

Good old fashioned orgies

Spoiler

Sorry. Couldn't resist. I'm outta here.

10 hours ago, HundredProofSam said:

Unfortunately games launch on weekdays. Also venues are harder to get on weekends. But we'll surely plan some weekend ones.

Snake try and drop in after work. It's on till 11.

I work evenings bro... :(

On 9/23/2019 at 10:38 PM, i_rock098 said:

Hey Sam, what exactly happens at the Game Night Events? Could you describe some activities? Are there like compititon and stuff or just game demos?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

So we've had one for MK11 before and one now for FIFA 20. Both of these have been launch events, so these were just a chance for people to come and play the games before launch or on the night prior to launch. We also had India's top football freestyler who came to the event and performed, and we have people from various club fan clubs, like Real Madrid, Liverpool, Milan, Juventus.

In the future, we also plan to do offline tournaments for games like FIFA or themed events like Fight Night (which would have multiple fighting games) or Track Nights (multiple racing games), etc

I'll share some photos to give you guys a better idea.

On 9/23/2019 at 7:03 PM, hope said:

If it could be 3 days early then why not 5 days early. You would have got weekend then and turnout would have been much more. We pune guys could also have come if on weekends. Weekdays no chance.

Fifa is pretty big in India. Hope the turnout is awesome. Have a great event :)

A lot depends on the publisher as well. They have to give the go-ahead for having pre-launch events. Three days prior was the earliest we got permission for FIFA from EA, but it could be different for other games.

We'll try to do weekends but getting venues to give us space on their busy days is difficult.

• Like 1