Heaven Angel

Officially announced

unknown.png

Diablo IV takes place many years after the events of Diablo III, after millions have been slaughtered by the actions of the High Heavens and Burning Hells alike. In the vacuum of power, a legendary name resurfaces. 

:panic::panic::panic:

Cinematic trailer was amazing - as usual with Blizzard. A very creepy trailer, and a return to form for Blizz after the happy cinematics of Diablo 3.

As far as the Gameplay video is concerned, I'm more than happy. Love it that Blizzard has finally ditched that cartoon style from Diablo 3 and is finally going into the horror of Diablo 2. This is howDiablo 3 should have been.

But I'm a bit concerned that they've only revealed 3 classes. Loved the return of Druid and Barbarian is always a must (There would be riots otherwise) and Sorceress for ranged. But 3 is just not enough. They should bring back Necromancer - which people absolutely loved instead of selling that class as an expansion and Paladin or Amazon as well.

Release date - not soon. Likely years away.

• World Bosses
  • Key Dungeons(new GR system) - You do adventures in the world to get a keystone that is for that specific dungeon. It'll have affixes like m+ system and will increase in difficulty. One of the affixes as an example is a lightning pillar that will follow you through the dungeon which will do damage if you're too slow. EDIT: Cap appears to be 40 (difficulty) right now, whatever that actually means.
  • Legendary items will not be a big everything to 1 skill system to have crazy % modifiers on certain skills. They're building 100's of legendaries at the moment. Legendaries will be as strong as OR more powerful than set items.
  • Tmog is being considered
  • No official SSF league or mode
  • Leaderboards at the moment are more aimed towards specific activities similar to conquests rather than pure GR pushing.
  • No AH, various types of items in terms of trade-ability. Strongest items being BoP, some that can be traded a single time before soulbound, and others like crafting mats that will be tradable regardless. But being worked on so could/probably will change.
  • Crafting will be a thing, most end game will be item modification for crafting but won't be too similar to PoE as Diablo is more about slaying mobs.
  • Seasons will be a thing and will adapt and change the most powerful legendaries each season so the metagame will shift.
  • Plans to adjust mechanics to shift metagame too and will be producing patches and expansions to also deal with this.
  • Skills are base skills and the rune equivalents from D3 will be modified via items. As you lvl up you can add points to skills which will make them more powerful. Cannot currently respec skills, but can do content to get more skill points through the game.
  • Base game purchase, with expansions later on. There will be MTX for cosmetics
  • No plans for hideouts (PoE) currently
  • No plans for addons, likely no damage meters but game will come with everything you need to play the game.
  • Ability to change keybinds and move skills where you want

So they showed a game which is still in very early stage and it's years away. They really had to save Blizzcon '19 with this and O2. 

I'm sure this will have tons of 'loot boxes' and MTX even P2W. 

They'll just keep on teasing with new trailers and people will be like 'waohhh' for years. 

So they showed a game which is still in very early stage and it's years away. They really had to save Blizzcon '19 with this and O2. 
I'm sure this will have tons of 'loot boxes' and MTX even P2W. 
They'll just keep on teasing with new trailers and people will be like 'waohhh' for years. 
Better than Bethesda giving just a logo for a game that is eons away.

Also this game is online only again. As a big fan of Diablo 2 I am not happy with this. I wish the game to go back to the old school campaign roots instead of the shared world wow thing that it has been going towards.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

That's how Blizzard works. Reveal years before actual launch. Did anyone actually expect it to launch this or next year?

Diablo III was revealed in 2008 and released in 2012. Same will happen for Diablo IV. Also they are going it MMO-ish way. Always online is expected and even more so after D III.

__

Let this be a balance between diablo 2 and 3, i never got into 2 with it's creepy ambiance, it felt too much of a horror RPG and cut-scenes of burning men were too graphics and sadistic, i enjoyed playing diablo 3 though it felt it lost it's seriousness and sense of danger. So i say a balanced would be good so that either set of fans don't get left out.

Though i don't get the point of the story, it's much like the human mythology we have and seen humans suffer between the fight of heaven and hell. At least there should have been some end for reoccurring characters, the protagonist saved the entire heaven from being perished by diablo in D3 and now they fight again leaving millions of humans slaughtered, who writes these BS Stories, being a blizzard game i guess they are off the hook while other games are even criticized for a fun story by it not being oscar worthy :/

It takes place decades after Reaper of Souls expansion after millions have been slaughtered by the actions of the High Heavens and Burning Hells alike.

When regular life starts rebuilding, Lilith rises and darkness returns to Sanctuary. Story and all not great. It's just the production and smoothness which puts it ahead of other aRPG games. Without that, it is very mediocre.