Heaven Angel

@NitroNeo Many people loved the horror aspect of Diablo 2 though. Diablo as a series was a horror. Diablo 1 and 2 were both creepy. It was Diablo 3 that put out the cartoons, which disappointed tons of people. I think that's one of the reasons they are going back to the creepiness. If you don't like the creepy aspect, then Diablo may not be for you.

Also, the protags of each Diablo game are not the same. The protag of Diablo 1 was possessed by Diablo in Diablo 2, and we killed him. The sorceress of Diablo 2 was the mentor of the Diablo 3 sorceress, and she died off-screen. And if you look at the end cutscene of Reaper of Souls, the Nephalem may be corrupted. So don't be surprised if we slaughter the Nephalem in Diablo 4, especially considering that Lilith is the mother of the Nephalem and seems to be one of the main villains in this game.

[mention=9246]NitroNeo[/mention] Many people loved the horror aspect of Diablo 2 though. Diablo as a series was a horror. Diablo 1 and 2 were both creepy. It was Diablo 3 that put out the cartoons, which disappointed tons of people. I think that's one of the reasons they are going back to the creepiness. If you don't like the creepy aspect, then Diablo may not be for you.

Also, the protags of each Diablo game are not the same. The protag of Diablo 1 was possessed by Diablo in Diablo 2, and we killed him. The sorceress of Diablo 2 was the mentor of the Diablo 3 sorceress, and she died off-screen. And if you look at the end cutscene of Reaper of Souls, the Nephalem may be corrupted. So don't be surprised if we slaughter the Nephalem in Diablo 4, especially considering that Lilith is the mother of the Nephalem and seems to be one of the main villains in this game.
That is what sucks about the story the protagonists die like crap after sacrifis8ng so much, while the villains live on, diablo lived for 3 games maybe he is still alive, this lilith seems to b ed alive for quite the few games.

The gods and demons fueding for fun while humans are killed like chickens.

What is the point of being a hero the heroes should know by now after they achieve their goal they are the ones that will be killed by the same people they helped.

At least tyrial became a mortal and may have perished. This game is just about evil being the real protagonists.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, NitroNeo said:

That is what sucks about the story the protagonists die like crap after sacrifis8ng so much, while the villains live on, diablo lived for 3 games maybe he is still alive, this lilith seems to b ed alive for quite the few games.

The gods and demons fueding for fun while humans are killed like chickens.

What is the point of being a hero the heroes should know by now after they achieve their goal they are the ones that will be killed by the same people they helped.

At least tyrial became a mortal and may have perished. This game is just about evil being the real protagonists.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

At least you get a continuity. In almost 100% of such games - the protag will not even be mentioned. Such as (hypothetical) - you are barbarian in Diablo 1. You play Barbarian in Diablo 10  -20 years later. But you will have to imagine whether you are the same barbarian from Diablo 1 or whether it is a completely new guy. There is no story in such games at all. Heck, we won't even know what character did what. In Diablo we know that all classes existed, and all the classes accomplished something, before going on.

And frankly, it's hard to imagine such guys dying in their beds. This is the Diablo world after all. And the proverb - "If you live by the Sword, you die by the Sword"

And TBH, the Nephilim would most probably be on the chopping block anyway. The guy/girl was getting far too powerful. To the point that entire Heaven and Hell were starting to become afraid of him/her. It was ridiculous. None of the other Diablo protags had that kind of clout - they were all human, still accomplished as much as, if not more than the nephilim, yet did not have the canon power-creep that even the game acknowledges. Diablo 3 writers (a new team from what I understand, not involved in Diablo 1 and 2 - hired mainly for their monetization abilities) made a mess with that story

Diablo will be back. He is the hallmark of the series - and the OG prime evil of hell. All others are just side characters. You just can't keep him out. Tyrael might even survive - he is the Diablo of Heaven side.

It's just that i spend cointless hours buld8ng up the main character only for it to die like a sheep in the next game. I especially loved the enchantress or soceress whatever from D3 and the tank i enjoyed their bond with nephelim. Also zolton kulle was amazing. The bantar was great. To think all these people at epic power will die like crap in the start of D4 sucks. I still feel saddened by leah's fate.

If D4 is more dark then it will be soul crushing.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

You however don't die like other sheep and forgotten; no. You will be remembered in books/lore and characters will speak of you. 

The game takes place decades later. Human is always going to die regardless of evil or not after X years. Diablo is the face of the series. He will never be gone/removed from the series. 

10 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Also zolton kulle was amazing

Zoltun Kulle was bad guy and poorly written. 

11 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

To think all these people at epic power will die like crap in the start of D4 sucks.

EPIC power of who and to what?? 

11 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

I still feel saddened by leah's fate.

Leah is one of the worst written character. 

You however don't die like other sheep and forgotten; no. You will be remembered in books/lore and characters will speak of you. 

The game takes place decades later. Human is always going to die regardless of evil or not after X years. Diablo is the face of the series. He will never be gone/removed from the series. 

Leah is one of the worst written character. 
Zolton was funny at times and even after being killed was a merchant i lol'ed so hard at that. Also He was trying to destroy evil but became evil.

Well the protagonist in D3 ot such epic power. That gods and demons feared, and i played asa mage so the writting had great banter with everyone. At this point i guess D3 made a new set of fans that differ from you veteran followers, buti like thd gameplay also so i don't want to completely miss out on D4. Just wish they wont make it a horror gorefest.

Also Leah was grea to think she'd meet such a sad end damn the girl just wanted to have an inn FFS. I though cain was bad enough but then leah as well who do we as protagonists return town to [emoji22]

3 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Zolton was funny at times and even after being killed was a merchant i lol'ed so hard at that. Also He was trying to destroy evil but became evil.

Well the protagonist in D3 ot such epic power. That gods and demons feared, and i played asa mage so the writting had great banter with everyone. At this point i guess D3 made a new set of fans that differ from you veteran followers, buti like thd gameplay also so i don't want to completely miss out on D4. Just wish they wont make it a horror gorefest.

Also Leah was grea to think she'd meet such a sad end damn the girl just wanted to have an inn FFS. I though cain was bad enough but then leah as well who do we as protagonists return town to emoji22.png

Every protag had power. It was only the D3 protag that they made a special snowflake, which was sad. Diablo 1 had you - a human - going underground continuously (finding out what the evil from the Church was) until you were in hell, getting steadily creepier until you found and fought Diablo. In D2, you were following the mysterious stranger (Warrior from D1) and the demonic trail he left behind and witnessed him unable to hold back Diablo anymore lose his mind after great efforts before fighting both him and Diablo to keep back hell. In Diablo 3 - you were born a special snowflake - to the point Heaven and Hell were afraid of the abomination that was you, child of angel and demon who had special powers and finished off Diablo  - who was hiding inside a little girl (with cunning ofc) in a completely cartoony game.

Now to the general story fan of Diablo gamer, who played the above - which story do you think they will enjoy?

For the rest - just enjoy gameplay and cinematics - which are basically hallmarks of Blizz and just forget about the story. No Diablo game will ever have you replaying your own character from previous games.

Edited by roun90

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

DIABLO IV QUARTERLY UPDATE—JUNE 2020

One of the main new features we are bringing to the Diablo series is the open world of Sanctuary. So, while you can concentrate on the story campaign and work through that, we have a variety of open world systems and pieces of content that you are also discovering along the way. If you want to take a break from the main campaign and go exploring, crafting, or PvPing, you are free to do so.

While we have many open world activities, such as crafting, events, world PvP, and side quests, perhaps the most popular open world feature was Camps. These are locations of importance that have been overrun by enemies, which once cleansed turn into friendly outposts with NPCs and a waypoint location. While there is a backstory to each camp, most of the storytelling is visual and quests don’t directly send you to them. For example, one of the camps in the zone was a town afflicted by a curse that turned villagers into piles of salt. Another was a crypt, haunted by a spirit that possesses the bodies of various undead—jumping from skeleton to skeleton until you defeat him.

Going to take 2-3 more years... 

DIABLO IV QUARTERLY UPDATE—JUNE 2020

One of the main new features we are bringing to the Diablo series is the open world of Sanctuary. So, while you can concentrate on the story campaign and work through that, we have a variety of open world systems and pieces of content that you are also discovering along the way. If you want to take a break from the main campaign and go exploring, crafting, or PvPing, you are free to do so.

While we have many open world activities, such as crafting, events, world PvP, and side quests, perhaps the most popular open world feature was Camps. These are locations of importance that have been overrun by enemies, which once cleansed turn into friendly outposts with NPCs and a waypoint location. While there is a backstory to each camp, most of the storytelling is visual and quests don’t directly send you to them. For example, one of the camps in the zone was a town afflicted by a curse that turned villagers into piles of salt. Another was a crypt, haunted by a spirit that possesses the bodies of various undead—jumping from skeleton to skeleton until you defeat him.

Going to take 2-3 more years... 
Looks like any hope of D4 going back to the story focused roots of D1 or D2 is dead. I really do not enjoy this rifts focused approach D3 started and I say this as one of the most hardcore fans of D1 & D2.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

It's the Diablo 2 20 year anniversary today and i was really hoping for a remastered announcement. Guess I will again be dissappointed.

The best arpg of all time deserves a remaster.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

DIABLO IV QUARTERLY UPDATE—SEPTEMBER 2020

New Skill System

As Luis mentioned, we have made some major changes to Diablo IV’s Skills and Talent systems. We’ve been reading through a lot of the comments from the community and agree that the Talent system needs more depth. Similarly, Skill system progression felt too simple, which created issues where a player would have no meaningful reason to spend their skill points. With this valuable feedback in mind, we’ve have been iterating on a new Skill System.

As you can see from the screenshot below, we have separate sections for Skills and Passives in our freshly painted Skill Tree. Take a look:

MMVSLLYU7PAT1601312625244.jpg

The Sorceress skill tree. The branches contain skills and skill upgrades, while the roots contain powerful passive effects.

The upper Skills section is where you will spend the Skill Points that you earn by leveling up. Here, you unlock brand new skills, unlock additional functionality for these skills, and unlock Passive Points that you can then spend on the lower Passive section of the tree.

We’re currently aiming for 30~40% of the nodes filled in for end game, so that players can have very distinct, and different ways they build out their character.

SORCERESS ENCHANTMENT SYSTEM

VDXD3ZI69XWW1601312624713.jpgRHV7S9VGFA9S1601312624699.jpg

The power you gain from Enchantments is extremely significant, and you can currently make builds based around your Enchantments, your active skills, or a mix of both.

BHGO5T5PWCUJ1601312629742.gif

END GAME PROGRESSION SYSTEM

This system is intended to provide more depth and replayability than what Paragon currently offers in Diablo III. We, and many Blizzard gamers, have talked about the concept of “easy to learn, difficult to master.” We believe that the end game progression system is where the difficult to master component will come in, and should meet the expectations of the most hardcore Diablo players out there.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...