IGI : Origins

SRINI87

header.jpg?t=1573074593

Platforms: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
Publisher: Toadman Interactive
Developer: Antimatter Games

About This Game

The year is 1980. You play code name “Regent” an agent in the service of MI6 on active duty. Tasked with critical responsibilities of national security, Regent will undertake a series of missions across the world to achieve the objectives of Spy paymasters in a dramatic, filmic experience that explores the origins of the Institute of Geotactical Intelligence. Using a variety of weapons and gadgets at your disposal, your actions will determine the boundaries of where friends and enemies lay, as you seek to uncover the truth behind events leading to world shattering ramifications.

TRAILER

Edited by SRINI87

Ah the series which everyone in the hostels played because the seniors passed it on and was probably their first video game in life, and they still talk about it this day. I feel really sorry for such people who got introduced to gaming via POS like IGI and consider it as one of the best games ever made.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

27 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Ah the series which everyone in the hostels played because the seniors passed it on and was probably their first video game in life, and they still talk about it this day. I feel really sorry for such people who got introduced to gaming via POS like IGI and consider it as one of the best games ever made.

WTF :lol:

Savage

I still remember the frustration when used to die mid-mission and had to replay the whole level... but the graphics, gameplay, background score & production values of the game were great for the time. Just that, it did not get enough traction and the sequel IGI2 was also not great in front of other games of same genre like splinter cell series , hitman series etc..

2 hours ago, Big Boss said:

You have destroyed the childhood of so many people with a sentence :lol: 

23 minutes ago, b!T said:

You have destroyed the childhood of so many people with a sentence :lol: 

Ikr? I got a brand new pc when I started college and beat Max Payne 1 and 2 on it. Then comes one group and suggests me to play IGI like it's best game ever made. I was like dude GTFO and play some real games.

1 minute ago, Big Boss said:

Ikr? I got a brand new pc when I started college and beat Max Payne 1 and 2 on it. Then comes one group and suggests me to play IGI like it's best game ever made. I was like dude GTFO and play some real games.

oh yeah, I am aware of the IGI mania. During college days, even in my hostel, they projected IGI as the best. And as the guy who never could relate to it, I lost it reading your statement.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cyberpunk said:

Why was IGI so popular in India though? 

Because someone got its CD and transferred it around. There were no other games available and buying games even for 50 bucks was considered too costly. I wish whoever distributed IGI first started with something good like Half Life or Max Payne. At least later on people stuck to Vice City.

Edited by Big Boss
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Because someone got its CD and transferred it around. There were no other games available and buying games even for 50 bucks was considered too costly. I wish whoever distributed IGI first started with something good like Half Life or Max Payne. At least later on people stuck to Vice City.

Well for many ppl who studied btech in late 90s/early 2000s, monthly pocket money was Rs.100.  Most or those guys even bought their first computer on a loan.  Some got their text books xeroxed or depended on scholarship funds to buy academic books.  So, it was indeed out of the question to buy video games. 

One of the reasons why IGI was famous was cuz it was one of the few games that ran very well on PC's with no gfx card.  Even a P3/128mb ram machine ran it quite well, and the gfx was quite good for those times.  The other games like serious Sam or painkiller reqd you to invest in a moderately priced gfx card to play it decently.

Just my 2 cents. Also, for the record, I did enjoy IGI, although I got seriously interested in video games with GTA 3 and halo.

1 hour ago, Ne0 said:

Well for many ppl who studied btech in late 90s/early 2000s, monthly pocket money was Rs.100.  Most or those guys even bought their first computer on a loan.  Some got their text books xeroxed or depended on scholarship funds to buy academic books.  So, it was indeed out of the question to buy video games. 

One of the reasons why IGI was famous was cuz it was one of the few games that ran very well on PC's with no gfx card.  Even a P3/128mb ram machine ran it quite well, and the gfx was quite good for those times.  The other games like serious Sam or painkiller reqd you to invest in a moderately priced gfx card to play it decently.

Just my 2 cents. Also, for the record, I did enjoy IGI, although I got seriously interested in video games with GTA 3 and halo.

I played Serious Sam, Painkiller, Max Payne, Hitman 1 & 2 etc on my Intel igp 845. Even prince of Persia series was fine, except Sands of time which required hardware t n l.

1 hour ago, SpearHea:D said:

Loved the two IGI games, great games for their time. So many awesome varied locations, zipping, stealth gameplay, limited save upload thing in igi 2, thermal goggles, had experienced all this for the first time. Looking forward to origins.

Haven't played the second, the first one was memorable mainly due to the hard difficulty - fail and restart all over again  !

Gamers these days would throw a fit if there's no checkpoint every 2 mins.

Agreed with the varied locations, the game also gave you a sense of being isolated in an enemy territory, which added to the game's atmosphere.

Edited by Ne0

45 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Even prince of Persia series was fine, except Sands of time which required hardware t n l.

14 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

u sure painkiller ran in that ? Iirc, on my friends pc, it used to crash out saying h/w t&l is reqd to run the game, same with serious Sam.  

There was actually a tool called 3D Analyze which emulated hardware TnL. I played Sands of Time for the first time using that.

It wasn't perfect but it certainly was playable.

27 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

There was actually a tool called 3D Analyze which emulated hardware TnL. I played Sands of Time for the first time using that.

Yes came to know about it later. But I had bought a gpu by then.

44 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

intresting, not heard of this tool.   I bought a 6600 card soon as I got a job and  re-played almost all of the previous / and the then current games on that.   

Later I invested in a x360 + TV.  After that it was pretty much console gaming.  Did upgrade my PC once sometime down the line (maybe around 10 years ago I guess), with a core i5 and some ATI card, but with a PS4 purchase, PC gaming has more or less gone away at my end.

Damn, this thread brought back some good memories.  These days, I don't even spend 25% of the time that I used to spend playing games on my x360.   Last game I played to completion was RDR 2 (over a span of 3-4 months :P)

Edited by Ne0

On 11/7/2019 at 11:07 AM, Big Boss said:

:rofl: