Official GamePass Thread

PS Fan

36 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Ok so please check post #11

what i do not understand from the comment was, if i get the game pass ultimate for 39 months, then i do not renew it for a year then get just gold for a year, will i be charged for a year of non renewal of gold and Game pass, 

In the above link - the user in post 11 - had bought Xbox live gold with his CC . He didn't turn off his auto renewal . His membership expired and his Credit card also expired . 

Now since he didn't turn off auto renew Microsoft tried to charge him ( they do it 2/3 times ) but since his card was expired so his account must have been blocked till he adds a new card . 

After you buy gold from Xbox store using your card . Just turn off auto renewal . You won't be charged anything . 

You can then renew gold anytime you like . 

1 hour ago, NitroNeo said:

can i just buy the membership 3 times from xbox one console itself and then upgrade to the game pass program ? Will i get xcloud free also ?

And another thing while buying the live memberships directly from the xbox will it auto try to give me 1 or 3 months of game pass so that i don't get game pass ultimate for 3 years at a low cost ? Now you will think why ask such a question, the thing is i don't get why youtuber or online users recommend getting cards for 3 times than buying from console directly ?

Not sure but I think Microsoft store doesnt give you the option to buy 3 years of Xbox live gold in advance . That's why most users say buy codes from other sellers.  

Try buying one from Xbox store and see if it lets you buy again . If it doesn't then you can buy right now from Prepaidgamercard.com or cdkeys.com . Both are genuine and have codes in stock . 

Or you can wait 2/3 days and it should be back in stock on Amazon.com as well . 

xcloud isn't a part of Ultimate game pass so you won't get it now . 

And 36 months is Max  you can subscribe for not 39 . Even if you buy 36 months gold and 3 months ultimate you will get 36 only . 

Also I wouldn't advise buying for 3 years . Most users here have bought UGP for 1 or 2 years as of now . 

So just relax - buy 1/2 years Xbox live membership . Redeem them and then buy 3 months gamepass . Enjoy and don't think too much. 

• Like 1

@NitroNeo The post you are quoting (I'm not sure how accurate random people's opinions are but still) is clearly referring to cards that are expired. And that is understood. If you have auto-renew "on", and your card expires in between - MS will attempt to charge your card. But obviously the bank will decline since the card is expired. So MS will lock your account.

If auto-renew is "off" then there is no problem in the first place. Because MS will not attempt to charge your card again and just let the service (Gamepass/Live Gold/whatever) just expire and stop the service.

• Like 1

[mention=9246]NitroNeo[/mention] The post you are quoting (I'm not sure how accurate random people's opinions are but still) is clearly referring to cards that are expired. And that is understood. If you have auto-renew "on", and your card expires in between - MS will attempt to charge your card. But obviously the bank will decline since the card is expired. So MS will lock your account.  

If auto-renew is "off" then there is no problem in the first place. Because MS will not attempt to charge your card again and just let the service (Gamepass/Live Gold/whatever) just expire and stop the service.

So in this case if i don't subscribe back to live or gold i still get to use my acoount offline to play games offline like single player games? 

Also how are some of you going to try xcloud eill you buy it with sub or you forseeing a gold+UGP+xcloud bundle?

[mention=21689]krazyniks[/mention] any reason people are not opting for full 3 years of UGP?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

So in this case if i don't subscribe back to live or gold i still get to use my acoount offline to play games offline like single player games? Also how are some of you going to try xcloud eill you buy it with sub or you forseeing a gold+UGP+xcloud bundle?

[mention=21689]krazyniks[/mention] any reason people are not opting for full 3 years of UGP?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Yes if you don't subscribe you can still use your account to play single player games you purchased digitally or own physical disks.

You won't be able to play any of the games from gamepass library or games you got free with gold . Even if they are downloaded on your system you won't be able to play them .

As to why subscribe for 1/2 years only - next gen consoles and streaming services like stadia and xcloud are almost here . Who knows what plans are launched in future or what if you want to switch consoles or don't get time for gaming and your subscription goes to waste.

If you are sure that you would be playing on your current Xbox or next gen Xbox for next 3 years then sure go ahead and subscribe for 3 years . If not then buying 1/2 years max is better .

Xcloud subscription - depends on what plans and games are offered .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

On 11/22/2019 at 1:08 AM, Joe Cool said:

Don't know why people making it complex or trying weird steps.

To get max up to 36 months + 3 months, all you have to do is:

1. Get 36 months of Xbox Gold subscription first
  2. Get 1-3 months of Game Pass Ultimate ~ $1
  3. Enjoy 36-39 months of ultimate

Sticky this post. Plain and simple.  People here making it confusing by typing all kind of unnecessary stuff 

5 hours ago, Snake said:

How do I get a DS4 to work on the Xbox app on the PC?

Only Steam supports DS4 natively and Windows store is still barebones with extra layer of protection on files - meaning you can't add .exe to Steam and play.

You can use UWPHook which adds shortcut to Steam allowing you to play with DS4 controller. 

6 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Only Steam supports DS4 natively and Windows store is still barebones with extra layer of protection on files - meaning you can't add .exe to Steam and play.

You can use UWPHook which adds shortcut to Steam allowing you to play with DS4 controller. 

>_>

On 11/23/2019 at 1:46 PM, SpearHea:D said:

Anybody getting error while buying gamepass ultimate 3 months for 1$.

What happened did you get a fix i'm still waiting for amazon us to get the digital codes back in stock so can't help, but it felt worrying were you trying to get game pass with 36m live gold membership as well ?

1 hour ago, Aftrunner said:

Wait how lol?

I just got 3 months for 60 RS. 

Microsoft has been upgrading existing xbox  live subscription duration to GPU for 1$. This is only possible if your account has never joined the GPU. I had xbox live on my acount for 2 years, extended it one more year before using the 1$ promotion to convert everything to GPU.

Edited by Keano

• Heaven Angel changed the title to Official GamePass Thread