Official GamePass Thread

WhiteWolf

22 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Hey guys so I bought one year Xbox live Brazilian gift card . I signed into Xbox app with my indian account .

Redeemed it using Brazil VPN and faced no problems.  ( Didn't change my region or anything ) .

Logged out VPN. But now when I try to buy 1 month Xbox ultimate conversion offer it says you are subscribed from a different region and contact customer support. 

Any idea what to do now . Thanks

1) why did you buy Brazilian Xbox Live card?

2) did you use VPN?

3) why not use VPN for Xbox Ultimate conversion too?

4) why not buy Ultimate sub from 3rd party? 

1) why did you buy Brazilian Xbox Live card?
2) did you use VPN?
3) why not use VPN for Xbox Ultimate conversion too?
4) why not buy Ultimate sub from 3rd party? 

1) I bought Brazilian Xbox live card as it was much cheaper at 2670
2) Yes I used brazil VPN to redeem card . Didn't change region or anything . Was able to successfully redeem it .
3 )The first time I tried conversion to ultimate. I didn't use VPN as everyone here (around last year) and online had just bought conversion offer without using VPN.
After that I tried VPN it didn't work . Maybe I had to change region like Ethan did before converting or use VPN for conversion first time .
It could be my mistake or Microsoft has put restrictions not sure .
4) Yeah just did that and it worked thankfully . Had to buy region free 1 month ultimate sub .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

[mention=21689]Krazyniks[/mention]  So what worked exactly and what's the total time on your account now?
I bought the 1 month xbox game pass ultimate sub (region free ) from cdkeys .
Now I have 13 months of ultimate on my account.
That 1 month card was expensive at 860 . Total cost for 13 months came out to be 3530 (2670 for 12 month Brazil card) .
So not too great or bad a deal.

• Like 1

@Krazyniks Awesome man! I think I'll do the same. I'm fine with the one month card as well. Thinking of doing a 2 year stacking. Will send you a PM shortly. 

Just to confirm on this account that you activated the Live sub, you previously had Ultimate on it and you let it expire completely right?

[mention=21689]Krazyniks[/mention] Awesome man! I think I'll do the same. I'm fine with the one month card as well. Thinking of doing a 2 year stacking. Will send you a PM shortly. 

Just to confirm on this account that you activated the Live sub, you previously had Ultimate on it and you let it expire completely right?

Sure man anytime . Yes I had Ultimate on it and let it expire completely ( but that was almost a year ago)
Before you buy anything just check if 1 month conversion offer for 1$ is showing in your account .Sometimes it shows 1$ but when you go to buy it changes to full price.
If it's changing to full price then I am pretty sure 1/2 year gold subscription won't stack in 1:1 ratio.
Even if you buy 1 month region free sub from 3rd party.

1 minute ago, Krazyniks said:

Sure man anytime . Yes I had Ultimate on it and let it expire completely ( but that was almost a year ago)
Before you buy anything just check if 1 month conversion offer for 1$ is showing in your account .Sometimes it shows 1$ but when you go to buy it changes to full price.
If it's changing to full price then I am pretty sure 1/2 year gold subscription won't stack in 1:1 ratio.
Even if you buy 1 month region free sub from 3rd party.

How do I check this?

How do I check this?
you can only check this after your membership expires completely.
Easiest option go to Xbox game pass ultimate web page . You will see buy 1 month offer for 1$/Rs 50 . Click to buy it and then login with your credentials .
Then it will automatically adjust offer for your account. If it stays at same price - 1:1 conversion is still working for you . It even gives you a message saying all your previous months would be added . Only then it takes you to payment

On 9/18/2020 at 1:33 PM, Krazyniks said:

you can only check this after your membership expires completely.
Easiest option go to Xbox game pass ultimate web page . You will see buy 1 month offer for 1$/Rs 50 . Click to buy it and then login with your credentials .
Then it will automatically adjust offer for your account. If it stays at same price - 1:1 conversion is still working for you . It even gives you a message saying all your previous months would be added . Only then it takes you to payment

I just finished renewing my sub and bam, got 2 years of Ultimate baby. Didn't have any issues with the one month sub for Ultimate via normal route either. It charged me the full amount. 

I just finished renewing my sub and bam, got 2 years of Ultimate baby. Didn't have any issues with the one month sub for Ultimate via normal route either. It charged me the full amount. 
Congrats. You bought US/Brazilian card ?

Just now, Krazyniks said:

Full amount for 1 month ? Didn't get you?

So post getting the Live 2 year subs, I went to the Xbox India site and just clicked on join Ulimate and it took the full 1 month amount (699 + taxes), not the 50 bucks one. 

17 hours ago, Ripper667 said:

So which region card did you buy , for how much and where?

I've been planning to buy a 12 month sub since last week but the prices just keep going up on Amazon.

Brazil region from Cdkeys for Rs. 2779.99/-

I had ordered the Indian one from Amazon for 3.8K but the seller cancelled the order as they ran out of stock. Proper timing too as Krazyniks was about to try this out and then I soon followed. 

Cool, thanks for your reply.

Just out of curiosity what VPN service are you guys using?
I'm just using the free ones like Windscribe and ProtonVPN.
But I get access to Brazil region only from TunnelBear.

After redeeming the Gold code, did you continue to use VPN for the conversion to Ultimate.

Also, before the purchase, CDkeys is asking for my address.
Is it alright to enter my Indian address or use fake address as they'll anyway use my email id to send the code.

Sent from my Redmi 8A Dual using Tapatalk

Brazil region from Cdkeys for Rs. 2779.99/-

I had ordered the Indian one from Amazon for 3.8K but the seller cancelled the order as they ran out of stock. Proper timing too as Krazyniks was about to try this out and then I soon followed. 
The sub is selling for 4.4k on Amazon now.
Buying the Brazil region one makes more sense, since it's working for you guys.

Sent from my Redmi 8A Dual using Tapatalk

• Heaven Angel changed the title to Official GamePass Thread