Official GamePass Thread

WhiteWolf

Games keep rotating. Not all games are permanent. Only first party games are permanent.
So lets say i saw outer worlds which is there now i won't be able to get it after this month? So it's like PS+ monthly games?

And the games i get will i be able to keep them forever as long as i am a game pass owner?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

So lets say i saw outer worlds which is there now i won't be able to get it after this month? So it's like PS+ monthly games?

The games are available for an indefinite amount of time. Every once in a while a few games leave the service. When this happens, you will be notified of it a few weeks in advance.

It's pretty much like Netflix.

6 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

And the games i get will i be able to keep them forever as long as i am a game pass owner?

You will only be able to play the games when you're subscribed to game pass. If your subscription expires, you won't be able to play any of those games.

So if i am a gamepass member i get outer worlds and it leaves in a couple of months will i still have ownership of it as long as i am a subscribed member or will i have to buy it?

Using this game just for example purpose

Of course you can't play if game is removed from library. 

Upcoming list of games leaving

1. Abzu (Xbox One - leaving Xbox Game Pass November 30th)
  2. Below (Xbox One - leaving Xbox Game Pass November 30th)
  3. GRID 2 (Xbox 360 - leaving Xbox Game Pass November 30th)
  4. Joy Ride Turbo (leaving Xbox Game Pass on September 6th, 2019)
  5. Kingdom Two Crowns (Xbox One - leaving Xbox Game Pass November 30th)
  6. Strange Brigade (Xbox One - leaving Xbox Game Pass November 30th)

35 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

So if i am a gamepass member i get outer worlds and it leaves in a couple of months will i still have ownership of it as long as i am a subscribed member or will i have to buy it?

Using this game just for example purpose

Once a game leaves the library, I don't think you can play it... but don't quote me on this

Once a game leaves the library, I don't think you can play it... but don't quote me on this
Someone please clarify this, the offer seems too good what are the hidden clauses to xbox game pass that might screw us?

1 hour ago, NitroNeo said:

Think of it in terms of Netflix with 3rd party shows (not PS+). So long as MS has a contract with the 3rd party - the game will be on Gamepass. Once the contract ends - the game will leave gamepass. Just like Netflix with shows like Flash or Friends for example.

That said, Outer Worlds situation is a bit dicey. Outer Worlds was developed by Obsidian. MS acquired Obsidian - so technically, the game should be on Gamepass forever (or at least so long as MS wants to keep it there). But it was published by Take Two. So it really depends on who has the rights for the game. If it's with MS/Obsidian - then the game will be on GP forever. But if it's with Take Two - then there is a possibility of the game leaving GP.

• Like 1

Someone please clarify this, the offer seems too good what are the hidden clauses to xbox game pass that might screw us?

It's simple game pass is a service which lets you play games listed on their library ..
You never own the games . It allows you to download the games so that you don't have to worry about streaming .
Once a game leaves the game pass library - you cannot play it . Or if your subscription expires then you cannot play any of the games (even if you have them downloaded on your system )

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Aercy said:

I used up my three months GamePass Ultimate for Rs.50 offer. Any of you can help me find a place to buy the subscription for some discount?

new users get that offer. i created a new user id and got that offer for the second time, and you cannot move saved games between profiles, so make sure you finish the games before making a new id.

14 hours ago, roun90 said:

I thought you already played Yakuza games no? At least I remember something about you posting in the Yakuza 0 thread?

Definitely try Darksiders 3 btw. i quite liked the gameplay (though the story was boring and cinematics were non-existent). FF 15 is quite good though.

Ya Yaluza 0 not other ones. 

12 hours ago, roun90 said:

Think of it in terms of Netflix with 3rd party shows (not PS+). So long as MS has a contract with the 3rd party - the game will be on Gamepass. Once the contract ends - the game will leave gamepass. Just like Netflix with shows like Flash or Friends for example.

That said, Outer Worlds situation is a bit dicey. Outer Worlds was developed by Obsidian. MS acquired Obsidian - so technically, the game should be on Gamepass forever (or at least so long as MS wants to keep it there). But it was published by Take Two. So it really depends on who has the rights for the game. If it's with MS/Obsidian - then the game will be on GP forever. But if it's with Take Two - then there is a possibility of the game leaving GP.

Don't think Outerworld going out. Matt Booty said Outerworld is a franchise now and will get sequels. That means MS bought all rights for future games too.

7 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

How many of you will try XCloud when it launches here?  Beta isxfree with 50 games . Minimum 5mps needed.

I will try as well. If it works fine, I can see myself being a subscriber. 

Ultimate 3 months for 50 rs. How to stack up more month's?10d7810fba2c2779de9aef3c74aba00b.jpg
Buy Xbox live yearly membership card . Let's say for 1 year (4k current price ) Redeem in your account first .
Then join ultimate - 50 rs 3 months .
You will then have 15 months of Ultimate for 4.05k .

After your membership expires
If you are playing on PC - you can buy Xbox live gold and game pass separately as per your need . cost 700 per month combined as of now .

If you are playing on console - you can buy Xbox live membership for upto 3 years and then join ultimate . Or look for deals n extend membership as per your need .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

• Heaven Angel changed the title to Official GamePass Thread