Official GamePass Thread

WhiteWolf

What is the best plan if i want to join Xbox Gamepass for PC? Afaik all the tricks for getting it for a few years at a steep discount have been patched up.

At present the offer for Gamepass India is - get first 8 months for price of 1 month.

I don't have Xbox Series X yet so just need PC subscription. But i have 1 year Xbox Gamepass subscription code (console). And i can redeem it if i go for Gamepass Ultimate (as per the conversion ratio :().  Because PC Gamepass won't accept the console code i guess? Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Edited by StormShadow

13 minutes ago, StormShadow said:

What is the best plan if i want to join Xbox Gamepass for PC? Afaik all the tricks for getting it for a few years at a steep discount have been patched up.

At present the offer for Gamepass India is - get first 8 months for price of 1 month.

I don't have Xbox Series X yet so just need PC subscription. But i have 1 year Xbox Gamepass subscription code (console). And i can redeem it if i go for Gamepass Ultimate (as per the conversion ratio :().  Because PC Gamepass won't accept the console code i guess? Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

The Xbox GOLD Live thing still works if you want to go for 3 years stacking up.. but question is do you want to spend so much just for Gamepass for PC

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, StormShadow said:

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

If Xbox live gold thing is still working then you can use your gamepass code as well . 

redeem your Xbox game pass code (no point letting it go to waste or selling since you won't get much for it) . Try buying ultimate and see if it's converting in 1:1 ratio (Conversion ratio applies only when your account is ultimate) . It shows you final conversion before payment. You should get 20 months .   If that's working then adding xbox live gold should also work(can't guarantee but it should) you can add 6/12 months of xbox live gold as per your wants . In that case Redeem xbox gamepass code . Redeem 6/12 months of xbox live and then buy ultimate .

Should give you 26/32 months .

As per my understanding - MS only patched the extra 7 months which users were getting each time they bought gold/gamepass console/gamepass pc/gamepass ultimate . You only get 7 months extra once . Your prepaid months of gold/gamepass still get converted into 1:1 ratio when buying ultimate . 

Edited by Krazyniks
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

The Xbox GOLD Live thing still works if you want to go for 3 years stacking up.. but question is do you want to spend so much just for Gamepass for PC

4 hours ago, Krazyniks said:

If Xbox live gold thing is still working then you can use your gamepass code as well . 

redeem your Xbox game pass code (no point letting it go to waste or selling since you won't get much for it) . Try buying ultimate and see if it's converting in 1:1 ratio (Conversion ratio applies only when your account is ultimate) . It shows you final conversion before payment. You should get 20 months .   If that's working then adding xbox live gold should also work(can't guarantee but it should) you can add 6/12 months of xbox live gold as per your wants . In that case Redeem xbox gamepass code . Redeem 6/12 months of xbox live and then buy ultimate .

Should give you 26/32 months .

As per my understanding - MS only patched the extra 7 months which users were getting each time they bought gold/gamepass console/gamepass pc/gamepass ultimate . You only get 7 months extra once . Your prepaid months of gold/gamepass still get converted into 1:1 ratio when buying ultimate . 

I was under the impression that when you convert xbox live gold to either Console gamepass or PC gamepass then its 1:1 but when you convert gold/pc gamepass/console gamepass to ultimate then the conversion ratio, as per the table, applies.

Will have to try krazyniks trick of first redeeming console gamepass code and then upgrading to ultimate. Just worried about losing free 7 months! lol.

Cheers.

Ok so this is what i did:

1) Redeemed 1 year GP console code.

GPU 1+7 months offer vanished.

2) Bought 1+7 months Xbox Live Gold.

3) Bought 1+2 months GP PC.

Now if i upgrade to GPU, 12+8+3+1 months are stacking up.

But if i gift myself Xbox Live Gold 6 months + 6 months code will those codes stack up on xbox live gold 1+7 months subscription that i currently have? I have got that subscription using debit card and online some forums say that prepaid codes don't stack on GOLD bought using cards. Please advise.

Cheers.

6 hours ago, StormShadow said:

I was under the impression that when you convert xbox live gold to either Console gamepass or PC gamepass then its 1:1 but when you convert gold/pc gamepass/console gamepass to ultimate then the conversion ratio, as per the table, applies.

You can't convert xbox live gold to gamepass PC/Console . You can only convert gold/gamepassPC/console to ultimate . 

47 minutes ago, StormShadow said:

Ok so this is what i did:

1) Redeemed 1 year GP console code.

GPU 1+7 months offer vanished.

2) Bought 1+7 months Xbox Live Gold.

3) Bought 1+2 months GP PC.

Now if i upgrade to GPU, 12+8+3+1 months are stacking up.

But if i gift myself Xbox Live Gold 6 months + 6 months code will those codes stack up on xbox live gold 1+7 months subscription that i currently have? I have got that subscription using debit card and online some forums say that prepaid codes don't stack on GOLD bought using cards. Please advise.

Would advise you to just convert to ultimate now . There's a risk you may lose those extra 7 months you got on xbox live gold when you stack up . Although it shouldn't since the offer is already applied to your account and your should be able to stack up months on it using codes.

But since I m not 100% sure I would advise to just convert to ultimate now . You are getting 24 months which is still a good time. .

Edited by Krazyniks
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

You can't convert xbox live gold to gamepass PC/Console . You can only convert gold/gamepassPC/console to ultimate . 

Oh alright. Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Would advise you to just convert to ultimate now . There's a risk you may lose those extra 7 months you got on xbox live gold when you stack up . Although it shouldn't since the offer is already applied to your account and your should be able to stack up months on it using codes.

But since I m not 100% sure I would advise to just convert to ultimate now . You are getting 24 months which is still a good time. .

Yes even i'm confused what to do. It feels like a gamble. The way Microsoft kept changing offers with each purchase i made was really :ko:

I think i will upgrade to Ultimate now. BTW there is no time limit to upgrade to ultimate right?

Thanks.

Cheers.

Edited by StormShadow

21 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Yeah as of now no time limit to upgrade . 

I researched more on the internet and it seems the xbox gold does stack up. Really tempted to give 6months code a try and if it works, 6 more months. That additional 1 year is a huge time frame and lot of cost savings. :fear1: 

Cheers.

14 minutes ago, StormShadow said:

I researched more on the internet and it seems the xbox gold does stack up. Really tempted to give 6months code a try and if it works, 6 more months. That additional 1 year is a huge time frame and lot of cost savings. :fear1: 

Cheers.

Yeah it should stack up . You can give 6 months code a try and see if it works . Buy the code from Amazon and not from MS store . Some people were facing problems when buying and redeeming multiple codes using cards from MS store .

Edited by Krazyniks
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Yeah it should stack up . You can give 6 months code a try and see if it works . Buy the code from Amazon and not from MS store . Some people were facing problems when buying and redeeming multiple codes using cards from MS store .

I was going to gift myself 6months code from MS store :wacko: Thought that would be the most reliable.

Will have to find 6months card on amazon. Folks on the internet saying MS is slowing discontinuing them.

Cheers.

2 hours ago, Krazyniks said:

2 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

MS store works bro. 

It worked guys! :paagaldance: I'm all set for 3 years of GPU for just Rs.3937! Thanks a ton to all of you who helped.

Cheers. :cheers:

• Like 6

Just now, Vaibhavp said:

Should work, this is how I got mine.

Funny the tip he gave at the end. Keeping recurring payment on got me 8 months of gamepass for free from MS.

When did you redeem ? How many months ago ?