Official GamePass Thread

WhiteWolf

7 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Legit stoked to try a cricket game after a long time. 

Same here. Never would have bought it so yet another game I wouldn't have tried if not for gamepass.

10 hours ago, triggr happy ss said:

It’s interesting to me that games like Elden Ring can sell 14m copies and don’t need to lean on a subscription system to find audiences but this one with all its marvel glory had to go the gamepass route.

Basically Gamepass when it comes to third party = poor Metacritic games OR low sales games (titles < 1 year of launch) or the hallmark ones like GTA/RDR/Hitman that have met their sales numbers and are older 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, triggr happy ss said:

It’s interesting to me that games like Elden Ring can sell 14m copies and don’t need to lean on a subscription system to find audiences but this one with all its marvel glory had to go the gamepass route.

Basically Gamepass when it comes to third party = poor Metacritic games OR low sales games (titles < 1 year of launch) or the hallmark ones like GTA/RDR/Hitman that have met their sales numbers and are older 

26 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

Whatever it is it’s the real reason why GamesPass is picking up steam but sadly this aspect gets discredited & the Day1 games get the highlight.

58 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

FromSoft has a loyal fanbase and that's what propels most of their sales. Marvel has a sketchy history with their video games being handled by multiple developers. Depending on who has handled their past IPs, it has ranged from great to terrible. It's no secret that Crystal Dynamics messed up with Marvel's Avengers and that killed a lot of hype for Guardians of the Galaxy as people feared this would be yet another misfire from Square Enix. Fortunately, it did well, but doesn't seem like it raked in the expected numbers per Square's expectations. If the reports of Microsoft paying them 5-10 million for Guardians to be on Game Pass then it's an easy win for SE. That and the fact that almost the entire SE library has been on Game Pass at some point is proof enough that Microsoft has a good business relations with them. FromSoft has never had any of it's games on Game Pass (IIRC) even though their titles are published by Bandai Namco who have some of their other titles on Game Pass. 

13 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

What nonsense! Our analysts here know better than the head of studios and business heads. Now that Returnal will be on PS Now, HouseMarque will have to shut down soon!

I have reply for this but will post once the appropriate thread is unlocked….

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

Yup, poor Metacritic, low scoring games coming to subscription service...

https://gameranx.com/updates/id/297192/article/returnal-developer-hopeful-game-will-find-new-audience-on-ps-plus/

Returnal Developer Hopeful Game Will Find New Audience On PS Plus

I said poor MC games OR low sales.  I guess you read what you wanted to. Returnal probably didn’t sell enough either 

• Like 1