Official GamePass Thread

WhiteWolf

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Cyberpunk lovers need to give Citizen Sleeper a go. 

Very inspired by Blade runner and a pretty chill game you can play to unwind. 

Also, really hyped for Sniper Elite 5. Will play today. 

Anyone played the chinatown detective game, seemed interesting 

Details of the arrivals for above games:

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2022/05/31/game-pass-june-2022-announce/?ocid=XGP_soc_omc_xbo_tw_Photo_lrn_5.31.1

Also, includes:

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Perks

Assassin’s Creed Origins: Deluxe Pack – June 7
Upgrade your game experience with the Deluxe Pack as you discover the origins of the Assassin’s Brotherhood. The Deluxe Pack includes: The Ambush at Sea mission, The Desert Cobra pack (including one outfit, two legendary weapons, one legendary shield, and one mount) and three Ability points.

3 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

noice!!! and Ninja Gaiden is the uncensored version I think. 

It's the Sigma remake for Ninja Gaiden II, so the gore has been removed. 

4 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

oh, thats unfortunate.

Not a big deal though, it's still a fun game. Plus I think this version had some extra character chapters (Ayane, Rachel & Momiji) that the original didn't. 

1 minute ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Not a big deal though, it's still a fun game. Plus I think this version had some extra character chapters (Ayane, Rachel & Momiji) that the original didn't. 

Quite a big deal. 

The original version was much superior & created by series originator Itagaki Tomonobu.

He deleted the original source code before leaving the company out of some vendetta though. 

One should play the 360 version through BC on XBoxOneX/SeriesX,I think it was upgraded to 1800p@60fps. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AnK said:

Quite a big deal. 

The original version was much superior & created by series originator Itagaki Tomonobu.

He deleted the original source code before leaving the company out of some vendetta though. 

One should play the 360 version through BC on XBoxOneX/SeriesX,I think it was upgraded to 1800p@60fps. 

Trust me, I swear by the original as well, but as someone who has played both the games, I feel like Sigma 2 is fine for people who haven't tried the X360 one. I even replayed Ninja Gaiden II when it arrived on GamePass and the 4K 60fps treatment made it look so crisp. But with all that said, Sigma 2 is a perfectly fine game to play on it's own as well. I was on Ayane's chapter on the PC remaster before I got distracted with some other game. Else would have completed that too. The remaster does sport 4K 60fps here too, so it's much crisper than the PS3 version. Plus you have those additional playable characters and boss fights mixed in, not bad if you're cruising through this collection for the first time (or even a replay), especially now that it's on GamePass. 

12 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

How hard is Ninja Gaiden compared to say, Returnal or Elden Ring. I have heard a lot about it. Would like to try. 

It has difficulty settings & there is no grinding so can’t compare with Soulsborne genre. 
Can compare it to Platinum Games stuff. 

But it’s quite hard on difficult settings.

I played Sigma on PS3 & 2 on 360 on normal difficulty if I remember correctly. 

Edited by AnK

11 minutes ago, Nikushimi said:

Finally got my xsx and joined the scamgang. Other than the obvious big games, what are some of the gems that went under the radar that I should give a try?

If the obvious ones doesn't include Psychonauts 2 for you, definitely play that first.

Other than that: Death's Door, Tunic, Artful Escape, Hades, It Takes Two

Edited by TRMNTR
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TRMNTR said:

If the obvious ones doesn't include Psychonauts 2 for you, definitely play that first.

Yup, already downloaded it. I haven't played Psychonauts 1 though. Hope that isn't a prerequisite. 

Just now, Nikushimi said:

Yup, already downloaded it. I haven't played Psychonauts 1 though. Hope that isn't a prerequisite. 

Not at all. The game starts with a video recapping the first.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nikushimi said:

Watch story recap on YouTube. 

It's a direct sequal with same characters so best to know what they are trying to do in the beginning.

• Like 1