Official GamePass Thread

WhiteWolf

13 hours ago, AnK said:

Was Ninja Gaiden Sigma on PS3 that much different than NGB on Xbox?!?

Like Ninja Gaiden 2 & NGS2 levels different?!? 

AFAIK it suffers from "Developer Incompetence" at being unable to develop for PS3. 360 was easy to develop for. So it had the ideal version. PS3 Sigma had more content and levels to make up for it. So it's a trade-off either way.

That said, Ninja Gaiden Vanilla vs Sigma to me is always - Gore vs Sex lol

To those who don't remember: Sigma always introduced new scantily clad females, while cutting down on gore, bloodshed, dismemberment etc. (Especially in NGS2)

So it's 

Spoiler

2021.03.21-10.23-boundingintocomics-6057  

and

vs

Spoiler

ninja_gaiden_sigma_2_plus.0.jpg 

and 

7289.jpg

Choose your poison lol

Edited by roun90

2 minutes ago, roun90 said:

AFAIK it suffers from "Developer Incompetence" at being unable to develop for PS3. 360 was easy to develop for. So it had the ideal version. PS3 Sigma had more content and levels to make up for it. So it's a trade-off either way.

To those who don't remember: Sigma always introduced new scantily clad females, while cutting down on gore, bloodshed, dismemberment etc. (Especially in NGS2)

So it's 

Hide contents

vs

Hide contents

Choose your poison lol

What you are stating was the case with NG2 & Sigma. 

I was talking about NG1S on PS3 & NG1B on og Xbox. 

There can’t really be a technical hold up there as PS3 could easily do what og Xbox did. 
So that’s why was wondering,did I play the watered down version on PS3…..

50 minutes ago, roun90 said:

So it's 

Hide contents

and

vs

Hide contents

and 

7289.jpg

Choose your poison lol

confused dog GIF by HIF Australia

For those curious, please watch this video and choose the version you want to play. I have played through the OG & the Sigma versions and enjoyed all of them. 

4 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Can you play AC Origins like just the main missions and ignore the tedious side missions.  Would progression be difficult if you don't do side missions for levelling up ?

I think there’s a lot of level gating in the new AC games so progression via main story only may not be possible 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Can you play AC Origins like just the main missions and ignore the tedious side missions.  Would progression be difficult if you don't do side missions for levelling up ?

You can but it'll be almost impossible. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Yes, and each region on map has a level attached, i.e enemies in that region will be of that level.

Anyway it's a historical tourism game, just explore the world and enjoy, if you find high level enemies just run away like a true assassin

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

I think there’s a lot of level gating in the new AC games so progression via main story only may not be possible 

5 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

You can but it'll be almost impossible. 

Yeah AC Odyssey had the same issue. Played that game during lockdown hence didn't care about the time i spent on doing side missions . Don't have that kind of time now. Will skip this game then. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Not possible. I remember playing that game and at one point I was like level 17 and the next available main mission was level 25 and the damage drop off on being under levelled is brutal. 

It doesn't help that the side missions in the game are really bad. 

Yeah had the same issue in Odyssey as well . Yup read reviews most side mission's are bad .

2 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Yes, and each region on map has a level attached, i.e enemies in that region will be of that level.

Anyway it's a historical tourism game, just explore the world and enjoy, if you find high level enemies just run away like a true assassin

Will probably skip it . Got a lot of games to play on PS5.  

9 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Yeah had the same issue in Odyssey as well . Yup read reviews most side mission's are bad .

Will probably skip it . Got a lot of games to play on PS5.  

I’d say assassins creed games should be only SOS when you’ve run out of playing everything else. They can be unnecessarily bloaty. And without an addictive combat system , it’s hard to put in so many hours 

15 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

I’d say assassins creed games should be only SOS when you’ve run out of playing everything else. They can be unnecessarily bloaty. And without an addictive combat system , it’s hard to put in so many hours 

True they take way too much time . 

4 minutes ago, b!T said:

Origins can be a snoozefest. I enjoyed Odyssey mainly because Kassandra is an interesting MC but Bayek is boring as hell.

I loved Odyssey and yup Kassandra was a great character overall . I  enjoyed Odyssey so much that I ended up buying it's DLC . The Fate of Atlantis storyline was superb and the locations ( paradise/hell/Atlantis) were all breathtakingly beautiful :wub:

1 hour ago, Krazyniks said:

Tough.

Play it if you want to experience Egypt through the game. That part they keep getting right.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Krazyniks said:

Yeah AC Odyssey had the same issue. Played that game during lockdown hence didn't care about the time i spent on doing side missions . Don't have that kind of time now. Will skip this game then. 

Odyssey was still better despite having the same design coz you'll mostly be just slightly under levelled if you don't do the sidequests and difficulty is better scaled. Origins is just sh*t all around and has a terrible story, characters and combat. I love Odyssey and Valhalla and even the older titles except AC unity but orignis is by far the worst in the series. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Krazyniks said:

Played it for about 2 hrs. In second mission itself I was level 2 while recommend was level 5. Took me about an hour to reach the level. 

Still, not as bad as some jrpgs can be. Side missions are fine, not fetch quests but not very interesting either. Just good enough for the grind.

My biggest problem is the map size. It's ridiculously big. Game is very pretty but not sure I can do this for so long.

7 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

Played it for about 2 hrs. In second mission itself I was level 2 while recommend was level 5. Took me about an hour to reach the level. 

Still, not as bad as some jrpgs can be. Side missions are fine, not fetch quests but not very interesting either. Just good enough for the grind.

My biggest problem is the map size. It's ridiculously big. Game is very pretty but not sure I can do this for so long.

Yeah this game demands too much time . Going to skip it for now .