Official GamePass Thread

WhiteWolf

“This program is still limited to Colombia and Ireland for the time being, but once it's available in more regions, you'll be able to share your subscription with anyone in the same country as you without strict household-only limitations”. 

https://www.gamesradar.com/xbox-game-pass-family-plan-is-finally-official-and-seemingly-dollar25-a-month/

This is just insane :majesty:

All GPU members of IVG should start forming groups of 4-5, for when this launches in India. :rofl:

2 hours ago, 0verlord said:

If back door exists by then, I’ll NOT be participating in family scam plan because then we would be paying waaaaaaay less than game devs deserve. That’s 7500/4 = 1875 per year which is ridiculous 

What math is that?

3 hours ago, 0verlord said:

If back door exists by then, I’ll NOT be participating in family scam plan because then we would be paying waaaaaaay less than game devs deserve. That’s 7500/4 = 1875 per year which is ridiculous 

Backdoor won't let you share i believe . And your math looks wrong. 7500 for UGP for 3 years ( with Xbox live gold trick ) when dividend by 4 would mean it will cost 1875 for 3 years for each member . Not per year

59 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Backdoor won't let you share i believe . And your math looks wrong. 7500 for UGP for 3 years ( with Xbox live gold trick ) when dividend by 4 would mean it will cost 1875 for 3 years for each member . Not per year

It does, 1-1 sharing 

10 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

What math is that?

9 hours ago, Krazyniks said:

Typo corrected. But my point still stands as ₹625 per person per year is way too less than devs deserve 

8 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

It does, 1-1 sharing 

Yeah i know . I am/was sharing it till few days back myself as well . I meant backdoor plan won't let you share amongst 4 people (should have clarified it better) . 

Edited by Krazyniks

Are Yakuza games with Kiryu in them playable in non-chronological order? or is there stuff than links back to the previous games so i'll be at a loss if i haven't played previous entries.

Basically was playing Yakuza Like A Dragon, liked the graphics and story( very early in that game still ) but found the turn based combat a bit awkward considering you basically beat up other dudes.

I started Yakuza 0 because of Majima-Kiryu and beat em up gameplay but graphics look like a*s, so is it ok if i like finish Yakuza 0 and move onto Yakuza 6 for the graphics ?

TLDR are the stories in each game basically self contained or do they link back to previous games stories?

13 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Are Yakuza games with Kiryu in them playable in non-chronological order? or is there stuff than links back to the previous games so i'll be at a loss if i haven't played previous entries.

Basically was playing Yakuza Like A Dragon, liked the graphics and story( very early in that game still ) but found the turn based combat a bit awkward considering you basically beat up other dudes.

I started Yakuza 0 because of Majima-Kiryu and beat em up gameplay but graphics look like a*s, so is it ok if i like finish Yakuza 0 and move onto Yakuza 6 for the graphics ?

TLDR are the stories in each game basically self contained or do they link back to previous games stories?

No, the story goes from 0-6. there is a lot you'll miss if u skip the games.

Also DO NOT skip Y0. its the best game in the series imo

22 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Kiryu's mainline stories are all connected, so chronologically, they carry over with each entry. There may be time gaps, but essentially, their core story and characters carry over. I would strongly advise against rushing through these games, but if you're hard pressed on time, play one game to completion and take a break. Yakuza 0 needs to be completed in it's entirety as it's fully worth it. The visuals may be off putting (it has to cater to PS3 as well), but stick with it and try to mix it up with the sub stories and mini-games. If you're still not sold, then move on. There is really no point in skipping titles in this one. If you find the visuals in 0 horrible, wait till you see the 3-5 remasters. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

If you want to play Kiwami - you have to play Y0 first. Otherwise, Character Interaction will be lost. Y0 and Y1 Kiwami are connected. Y2 Kiwami is somewhat connected, but you can play it directly if you want. Y3 can be skipped entirely (It's not good - especially the gameplay). Y4 introduces the new characters that will play a big part from then on (Including Y5 and Y6). Y5 can be skipped, but some story beats carryover to Y6. Y6 is the very last game of the Kiryu Saga. Y7 (Yakuza: Like A Dragon) can be played stand-alone, but you will miss some context in the later chapters (Chapter 12 onwards) if you skip Y6.

Essentially every Yakuza game is a self-contained story. But character interactions, character development and how characters behave with each other depends on the previous games. You will not miss out on the story itself, but you will be confused as to who these characters are. That's why Yakuza Collection Games (And even Y6, though I don't remember) ship with a "Flashback" section that details the story of the previous games.

If you want to play only the essentials, play it in this order (Starting from left) -

Yakuza 0 -> Yakuza Kiwami -> Yakuza 4 -> Yakuza 6 -> Yakuza 7

This is the very minimum order I can think of, in which you can be introduced to everyone in the core series.

The Judgement Games are separate and can be played at any time (Completely ignoring the Yakuza Games, you can play them even before Y0 - if you want only Graphics and Gameplay, but it would be better if you play Y0 first), but they have their own order, which is

Judgement -> Lost Judgement

or ideally -

Yakuza 0 -> Judgement -> Lost Judgement

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, roun90 said:

If you want to play Kiwami - you have to play Y0 first. Otherwise, Character Interaction will be lost. Y0 and Y1 Kiwami are connected. Y2 Kiwami is somewhat connected, but you can play it directly if you want. Y3 can be skipped entirely (It's not good - especially the gameplay). Y4 introduces the new characters that will play a big part from then on (Including Y5 and Y6). Y5 can be skipped, but some story beats carryover to Y6. Y6 is the very last game of the Kiryu Saga. Y7 (Yakuza: Like A Dragon) can be played stand-alone, but you will miss some context in the later chapters (Chapter 12 onwards) if you skip Y6.

Essentially every Yakuza game is a self-contained story. But character interactions, character development and how characters behave with each other depends on the previous games. You will not miss out on the story itself, but you will be confused as to who these characters are. That's why Yakuza Collection Games (And even Y6, though I don't remember) ship with a "Flashback" section that details the story of the previous games.

Yakuza 6 had a small dream sequence-ish character overview which is just the essential characters standing in their place and we have to walk over to interact with them to have Kiryu's VO narrating who they are. By skipping 5's ending, the start of Yakuza 6 will be lost and the minor flashback isn't really helpful with Haruka's narration. If he skips from Yakuza 0 straight to Yakuza 6, it's a massive gap. Yakuza 4 is definitely a must play. I feel like 3 gets a bad rap, but honestly, the main storyline IMO, was really good. The combat was so bad and the controls have aged very poorly. 5's biggest problem was that it's core storyline was convoluted mess, but it did sections which addressed the overall Tojo - Omi rivalry, which is important with Kiryu's relation with Daigo and his overall ties to the clan. 

1 hour ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Yakuza 6 had a small dream sequence-ish character overview which is just the essential characters standing in their place and we have to walk over to interact with them to have Kiryu's VO narrating who they are. By skipping 5's ending, the start of Yakuza 6 will be lost and the minor flashback isn't really helpful with Haruka's narration. If he skips from Yakuza 0 straight to Yakuza 6, it's a massive gap. Yakuza 4 is definitely a must play. I feel like 3 gets a bad rap, but honestly, the main storyline IMO, was really good. The combat was so bad and the controls have aged very poorly. 5's biggest problem was that it's core storyline was convoluted mess, but it did sections which addressed the overall Tojo - Omi rivalry, which is important with Kiryu's relation with Daigo and his overall ties to the clan. 

Nah, I think 5 can be skipped. Y0 will introduce Kiryu, Majima and the Tojo Clan itself. Kiwami 1 will take Y0's story forward with very important character development for Kiryu, along with introducing Haruka. If K2 is played, then it will introduce the Omi Alliance. Y3 does nothing, hence can be skipped. Y4 will introduce important characters like Akiyama and Saejima who will play very important parts in later games. Y5 is important for Haruka, but can be skipped. Y6 finishes off Kiryu's story and says his farewell.

Y7 after Chapter 12 has some very important developments that make sense only if Y6 is played. Hence, why I suggested the above order.

59 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Yakuza 4 story was complete nonsense honestly.

Y4 introduced some very important characters and their arcs. Hence why it's important. It might not be the best story in the series. But it is certainly very significant. Especially Akiyama's and Saejima's arcs. Y6 will not make much sense if Y4 is skipped.